The Student Room Group

PIP + Student Loan

Hello,
So I'm currently in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and I just saw my online entitlement letter, which says what I'm entitled to, which I believe is around £11,000. It says beneath this, 'The Department for Work and Pensions won't count £3,469 of the Maximum Maintenance for living costs as student income when they work out what benefits you get,' I have no idea what this means?

I was just wondering if my PIP will be stopped once I start full-time study? Or is this unaffected by the maintenance loan?
Original post by Save.Me
Hello,
So I'm currently in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and I just saw my online entitlement letter, which says what I'm entitled to, which I believe is around £11,000. It says beneath this, 'The Department for Work and Pensions won't count £3,469 of the Maximum Maintenance for living costs as student income when they work out what benefits you get,' I have no idea what this means?

I was just wondering if my PIP will be stopped once I start full-time study? Or is this unaffected by the maintenance loan?

PIP isn't income assessed in any way. That message would only apply if you were on an income assessed benefit (housing benefits, income support, esa etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending