The Student Room Group

PwC Legal 2016 Final Interview

Was wondering if anyone else is through to the partner interview for the Vac Scheme in PwC Legal this year. Does anyone else think it will just be general competency question again or any other ideas?
I got through to the partner interview and I'm just waiting to hear back now! How did you get on?
Original post by H-Simpson
I got through to the partner interview and I'm just waiting to hear back now! How did you get on?

Hey, yea I had mine last wednesday - found it pretty tough, didn't realise there would be 2 partners interviewing and the range of questions was really wide and varied, far more about commercial issues than direct competency questions and A LOT about the relationship between pwc and pwc legal, over all really tough.

I did get a call on monday just there though from one of the partners that interviewed me offering me a place on the scheme so must have gone better than I thought it did, so pretty relieved as it's such a long process. Said that somebody would give me a call further feedback call either this week or next as a lot of the staff are on holiday at the moment for Easter.
Yes I agree, I wasn't expecting 2 partners which was quite daunting! And I was asked a lot about the relationship between PwC legal and the wider network. I found it incredibly tough also!

Congrats on getting on the scheme though! Huge achievement!
Reply 4
Original post by ge_darluith
Hey, yea I had mine last wednesday - found it pretty tough, didn't realise there would be 2 partners interviewing and the range of questions was really wide and varied, far more about commercial issues than direct competency questions and A LOT about the relationship between pwc and pwc legal, over all really tough.

I did get a call on monday just there though from one of the partners that interviewed me offering me a place on the scheme so must have gone better than I thought it did, so pretty relieved as it's such a long process. Said that somebody would give me a call further feedback call either this week or next as a lot of the staff are on holiday at the moment for Easter.

Hey ge_darluith, I had my interview last Monday and they barely asked me any commercial awareness questions! I guess it just depends on who interviews you. I got a lot more competency questions, but it felt really relaxed and informal and the partners were really nice!

Anyways I also got a call on Monday from one of the partners who interviewed me offering me a place on the vac scheme as well, so I'll see you in the summer :smile:
Original post by foodie_88
Hey ge_darluith, I had my interview last Monday and they barely asked me any commercial awareness questions! I guess it just depends on who interviews you. I got a lot more competency questions, but it felt really relaxed and informal and the partners were really nice!

Anyways I also got a call on Monday from one of the partners who interviewed me offering me a place on the vac scheme as well, so I'll see you in the summer :smile:

Congrats! it must have been incredibly partner dependent. Have you had a call or anything since then? Im really looking forward to it - certainly hoping theres a TC offer in the distance from it hah.
Reply 6
Congrats to those who secured an offer!
Seems offers were communicated earlier than rejections, as I have not heard back from them either...
Were you given time to consider whether to accept the offer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lewhy07
Congrats to those who secured an offer!
Seems offers were communicated earlier than rejections, as I have not heard back from them either...
Were you given time to consider whether to accept the offer?

Don't give up hope yet! When was your interview?
Original post by H-Simpson
Don't give up hope yet! When was your interview?

Has anyone had any of their expenses from the AC/interview paid to them yet?
Reply 9
Has anyone had any of their expenses from the AC/interview paid to them yet?

I just received my expenses yesterday from the assessment centre.

Also - well done on getting on to the vacation scheme! I received a phone call last Monday informing me that I have also been accepted! Really looking forward to it.
Are you guys going on the June or July scheme?
Original post by pkirk170
I just received my expenses yesterday from the assessment centre.

Also - well done on getting on to the vacation scheme! I received a phone call last Monday informing me that I have also been accepted! Really looking forward to it.
Are you guys going on the June or July scheme?

Hey Congrats! I'm looking at the July one just so I can save a bit more money before moving to London.
Reply 11
Hey Congrats! I'm looking at the July one just so I can save a bit more money before moving to London.

Ah fantastic! I'm going for the July one too! Looking forward to meeting you! I know I'm also facing the extortionate rent prices for the three weeks in July!
Hi all,

I'm also successful but on the June scheme, I had a really strong preference for July. Is there anyone who doesn't really care? I'd really love to swap if so! Please pm me if you can help at all.

Thanks in advance

Jen
Please ignore my last message. I'm on June and I'm happy! Anyone else June? Also anyone know likely timescales if we are offered a TC. Obviously the TC islikely to be 2018, but LPC? Offers come mid-Aug so do y o u think they will expect successful students to be on an lpc by September?

Just wondering if anyone found out any useful tips or info through networking with the trainees on the AC?
Me again! I spoke to recruitment todat and likely that the LPC will be in September 2016 (I don't know whether you have all done the LPC/GDL). They also said there was no maintenance grant for he LPC, jusg tuition fees and exam fees. Has anyone else heard this? I thought they gave you some money to live off too!
Reply 15
Hey, I passed the telephone interview for pwc legal, I'm really excited about it. I was just wondering, in the assessment centre, are the tests the same as online? As in verbal/logical? Or is it logical/numerical in the assessment centre? thanks xxx
Reply 16
Original post by foodie_88

Hey, I passed the telephone interview for pwc legal, I'm really excited about it. I was just wondering, in the assessment centre, are the tests the same as online? As in verbal/logical? Or is it logical/numerical in the assessment centre? thanks xxx
Reply 17
Original post by tinu_toy

Didn't apply for legal but at my AC it numerical and logical. Logical was same difficulty as online and personally time was not an issue whereas numerical was harder than online, graphs repeat every 3 or 4 questions also hard due to time constraints.

Good luck.
Reply 18
Original post by e^x
Didn't apply for legal but at my AC it numerical and logical. Logical was same difficulty as online and personally time was not an issue whereas numerical was harder than online, graphs repeat every 3 or 4 questions also hard due to time constraints.

Good luck.

okay, thank you very much!
Reply 19
Original post by jenwalker
Me again! I spoke to recruitment todat and likely that the LPC will be in September 2016 (I don't know whether you have all done the LPC/GDL). They also said there was no maintenance grant for he LPC, jusg tuition fees and exam fees. Has anyone else heard this? I thought they gave you some money to live off too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending