The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

England is such an unhappy country

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Parx
You really do have comprehension problems don't you? I never once stated that havings Polish or Muslims in England was ever IN ITSELF a problem. What I said was that the MASS infiltration of them has eroded British way of life in significant ways and this multiculural mesh that has developed due to mass immigration has not done anyone any favours. What the **** is wrong with you?

You said that 600,000 whites left London because they wanted better standards of living whereas ethnics were willign to lesser their standards. So if some of those 600,000 moved to poor English towns such as Middlesbrough (yes I'm having to spell this out to you because you are incredibly dumb), what does that say about your theory of whites moving away from London for reasons no related to the rapid and mass influx of immigrants? Not much.

You seem very confused; you claim that you are not bemoaning the presence of ethnic minorities but keep telling people to imagine themselves in a part of the country where no one else from their race exists. And you keep specifying "White Brits" as the English people who no longer exist in London. So is this about race or is it not? Make up your mind because you can claim that it is not about race all you want but at the end of the day your posts prove otherwise.

Do you have proof that they have all moved to Middlesbrough? By the way when I say better living standards I mean better housing for a cheaper price, better saving potential and so forth.
Original post by asif007
Awesome! I'm going to Apollo in 2 weeks to see Asian Network Live - can't wait! :smile:

I'm from Enfield, at the North end of the Piccadilly Line. :smile:

Ahh cool, I think London is acc a great city ngl
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Parx
Careful mate, WBZ144 the girl who loves her London life so much because all of her own people are on her doorstep will be on your case soon spewing her hypocrisy.

Who are my "own people" exactly? :lol:
Reply 103
Original post by asif007
Again, you're jumping to conclusions and making lots of assumptions about my life. You might be interested to know that I didn't live in a very Muslim area in London (mostly white British people), but I still loved my city and enjoyed every minute of the 21 years I lived there. It's got nothing to do with there being other Muslim people too - even though were no Muslim people around, I still lived in a beautiful area with a comfortable house and good friends all around. Even if there were no Muslim people in London, I still had friends from several other backgrounds - all better friends than I've made in the North. What I miss about London isn't the Muslim communities (I can find plenty of those here where I'm living now) - it's the fact that all my closest and most supportive friends are there, it's where the best opportunities are for me in my professional and personal lives, and it's the only place I call home. If being around Muslim people was so important to me like you think it is, I would love living up North - but I don't because the communities are smaller, hidden, less well-integrated and don't really bother with holding cultural events which happen all the time in London and Birmingham. By your logic, I would love living somewhere like Bradford with ~20% of the population being Muslim - I lived there for a year but still hated it despite there being Muslims because I missed London. If you think the problems with integration of Muslim people are bad in London, wait until you see Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Newcastle etc. They are horrible.

Let's be clear though if you say you lived in a white area in London what you really mean is that you lived on the outskirts of London, ie Bromley or somewhere - just before WBZ144 comes along to promote her untrue realities.

Well I wasn't making assumptions as such. I never said you lived in a Muslim area. I said they were on your doorstep. If you suddenly moved to a small town in Wales where no Muslims were, Ii think you would find yourself very challenged after a while. I'm not doubting your individual ability to mix with others, I would damn well hope you could but I'd love to see your opinions and boundaries challenged because frankly alot of 'minorities' don't see immigration as a problem, and that's generally because their cultural values lie away from England or Eengland isn't their country, so it's not something that affects them. If the world suddenly landed in Nigeria or Pakistan or Poland and imported all their crap on these countries - do you think the locals in these countries would be happy? Of course not. Why is England any different? Because we are a tolerant nation and so much so that we are not allowed to even resist anymore?
Original post by katodizzle
Ahh cool, I think London is acc a great city ngl

I love London, it's my home and I miss it every day. When I finally get a job, I don't want to work anywhere except London. :smile:
Original post by asif007
I love London, it's my home and I miss it every day. When I finally get a job, I don't want to work anywhere except London. :smile:

Saaame I feel that but living here is so expensive :frown:
Original post by Parx
Let's be clear though if you say you lived in a white area in London what you really mean is that you lived on the outskirts of London, ie Bromley or somewhere - just before WBZ144 comes along to promote her untrue realities.

Well I wasn't making assumptions as such. I never said you lived in a Muslim area. I said they were on your doorstep. If you suddenly moved to a small town in Wales where no Muslims were, Ii think you would find yourself very challenged after a while. I'm not doubting your individual ability to mix with others, I would damn well hope you could but I'd love to see your opinions and boundaries challenged because frankly alot of 'minorities' don't see immigration as a problem, and that's generally because their cultural values lie away from England or Eengland isn't their country, so it's not something that affects them. If the world suddenly landed in Nigeria or Pakistan or Poland and imported all their crap on these countries - do you think the locals in these countries would be happy? Of course not. Why is England any different? Because we are a tolerant nation and so much so that we are not allowed to even resist anymore?

Yes, I did live in suburban London (Enfield) but that is still part of London just like everywhere else in the city. Not sure what difference that makes.

Fair enough, I think you have a lot more questions that you want answered and that this goes further than what I've been talking about.
Original post by NickLCFC
Completely agree mate. And I say that living in Leicester - a multicultural ****-hole.

which is gonna win the Premier League :wink:
Saaame I feel that but living here is so expensive :frown:

I know, that's one of the downsides but all things considered, London is still the best place to live. It's got everything you could ever want and it's always so lively. :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by Mr Hyde(r)
You're racist because you feel that a place becomes a hellhole when non-whites live in it, that's racism. And Brentwood is not included

My ethnicity is non-White, I can tell you I feel normal around any race. Shame you don't.

But I never said it becomes a hell-hole simply because immigrants itself live here. Don't put words in my mouth. I said their mass immigration has eroded british culture and as a result of that, multiculturalism has replaced British way of life and that has not been a good thing. Consequently, London is a hell-hole. I never said black/asian person comes to England, because of this person being black/asian England is terrible as we cannot have these people here.

Well well well, isn't that a surprise that you aren't white. Also when did I ever say I don't feel 'normal' around any race. Why are you inventing statements to feed your agenda of playing the race card? Typical, you just can't face opposition with honesty. Let's go to your or your parents country, import 1000 cultures on that land and see how the locals in your country feel. What do you think? Would that make you racist then too?
People in the UK are generally so reserved and cold. I spent a few months abroad and I seriously didn't want to come back here.
I think that complaining is a national pastime, having had years of poor customer service, a useless football team (other sports we are much better at in general), something that calls itself fashion but is an embarrassment, and a crowded part in London and the South East.

But we have humour, proper beer, and Wensleydale cheese.
Original post by asif007
I know, that's one of the downsides but all things considered, London is still the best place to live. It's got everything you could ever want and it's always so lively. :smile:

Exactly, screw the haters it's the best city :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by WBZ144
You seem very confused; you claim that you are not bemoaning the presence of ethnic minorities but keep telling people to imagine themselves in a part of the country where no one else from their race exists. And you keep specifying "White Brits" as the English people who no longer exist in London. So is this about race or is it not? Make up your mind because you can claim that it is not about race all you want but at the end of the day your posts prove otherwise.

Do you have proof that they have all moved to Middlesbrough? By the way when I say better living standards I mean better housing for a cheaper price, better saving potential and so forth.

There is a difference between a healthy presence and a majority. The way of England TODAY, is that more and more immigration is becoming a serious problem not just for cultural reasons but also because we are a small country and don't have the resources to cope with 300,000 net immigration per year for example. It's not about race I don't give a **** if someone blue black yellow or purple lives here and I think only people who care about the race of people living here are racists who support parties such as the BNP. Yet, England is losing control at the minute and in 20 years or so will be a very different and worse place without intervention. I oppose mass immigration from whoever the **** or wherever the ****, at the expense of British people (black/white/asian) and British values/way of life. I especially oppose it when they come her for economic reasons or want to impose their religious beliefs, none of which buys into this country and its people. What is racist about that? And yes in what is a traditionally white British country - I expect to see a significant amount of white British people here but that is NOT the case in London and many segregated parts of England such as Bradford and Luton, where it is 90% dominated by specific culutures such as Muslims. That in itself worries me, because that means that the face of Britain is changing in a significant way, and not necessarily for the better. NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE BEING THE ISSUE IN ITSELF. I don't care if someone black ,asian, Japanese or Polish lives here. But contribute, buy and add to the country, don't come here and treat it like it's here to serve you and your needs.

RE, Middlesbrough it's becoming silly now. I was saying that clearly some of these 600,000 will have moved to 'poor' towns and you implied they weren't willing to move to poorer London areas. You still haven't been able to explain this and align it with your theory.
I love Enlgand! Racial and religious diversity is a part of our culture in my opinion. We have as much culture as Australia or the US!
Reply 115
Original post by asif007

Didn't you say you hated it and wanted to move to the Gulf or was that someone else?
Reply 116
Exactly, screw the haters it's the best city :smile:

You sound like a Londoner. Let me guess you never lived outside and were brought up here all your life?
Original post by Parx
You sound like a Londoner. Let me guess you never lived outside and were brought up here all your life?

Yessir ain't no shame in loving your home
I think its uneducatedness. People are uneducated about their own culture, their own identity so how are they supposed to know about other people's? That's the whole problem. There is a insecurity and you have to see why that is, and its a feeling inside a person not what happens to be the country

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Original post by Christie_xx
I love Enlgand! Racial and religious diversity is a part of our culture in my opinion. We have as much culture as Australia or the US!

No we don't. Our culture does not exist here anymore, at least not in major cities with significant % minorities living in the vicinity.