The Student Room Group

AQA LITB1 resit

So I haven't seen a thread for anyone resisting this exam so I thought I'd make one in case anyone flunked it as badly as I did last year!
How are you revising for it? Going over old notes or making whole new ones?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelthehuman
So I haven't seen a thread for anyone resisting this exam so I thought I'd make one in case anyone flunked it as badly as I did last year!
How are you revising for it? Going over old notes or making whole new ones?

Hey :smile:

What texts are you doing? I'm resitting too!
In all honesty, I've barely done anything - too much coursework to do in one go

:ymca:
Original post by QueenBee98
Hey :smile:

What texts are you doing? I'm resitting too!
In all honesty, I've barely done anything - too much coursework to do in one go

:ymca:

Same! I'm also re-sitting.

I did Gatsby, Enduring Love, Ryme of the Ancient Mariner and Browning poetry! Fml I have so much to get through :redface:
Hello there :biggrin: nice to see someone else resitting!
I am doing The Great Gatsby, possibly Enduring Love (I did the Kite Runner last year and hated it), Robert Frost, and Auden. How about you?
Yeah, same here to be honest. I've had six pieces of coursework to get through (four of which were English) so it's been difficult to find time to revise.
If you don't mind me asking, what result did you get last year? It was a horrible exam paper, section B completely stumped me
I am doing The Great Gatsby, possibly Enduring Love (I did the Kite Runner last year and hated it), Robert Frost, and Auden. How about you?
Yeah, same here to be honest. I've had six pieces of coursework to get through (four of which were English) so it's been difficult to find time to revise.
If you don't mind me asking, what result did you get last year? It was a horrible exam paper, section B completely stumped me

Enduring love is terrible, honestly I would stick with the text that you already know!

I'm still struggling with annotating it...(even though I've barely made a dent because of all the coursework!). :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Enduring love is terrible, honestly I would stick with the text that you already know!

I'm still struggling with annotating it...(even though I've barely made a dent because of all the coursework!). :redface:

Well I've recently read the book for relaxed reading, and I really enjoyed it so I think I might be okay to use it in the exam (though to be honest I'm leaning towards poetry for part A so I won't need to know the prose texts quite so thoroughly)

It is pretty difficult to just sit down and analyse books, it always seems like you are on a path that only leads to a brick wall :frown: what coursework have you had (or has lit been your only one)?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Same! I'm also re-sitting.

I did Gatsby, Enduring Love, Ryme of the Ancient Mariner and Browning poetry! Fml I have so much to get through :redface:

I'm doing Great Gatsby too! But I'm also doing Poetry and another book :smile:

Ahahahahaha I'm also doing Gatsby, Kite Runner :smile:, Auden and Frost! :biggrin: It's just too difficult to manage it!
Ahhh I got a B in coursework and ...... DUN DUN DUN!!!!! U :biggrin:
Reply 7
Im retsitting as well, and really want to know if anyone has an idea or estimate of what is to come up for section B??
Ahahahahaha I'm also doing Gatsby, Kite Runner :smile:, Auden and Frost! :biggrin: It's just too difficult to manage it!
Ahhh I got a B in coursework and ...... DUN DUN DUN!!!!! U :biggrin:

How do you find them? I really love Frost and Gatsby :biggrin: it really is! Only a month to go and I am completely lost...
Ah, that must have been pretty crushing to do so well in coursework but not in the exam. I had an A in coursework but a D in the exam, which cancelled out to a C overall.

Ah, that must have been pretty crushing to do so well in coursework but not in the exam. I had an A in coursework but a D in the exam, which cancelled out to a C overall.

Same thing happened with me! :frown:
How do you find them? I really love Frost and Gatsby :biggrin: it really is! Only a month to go and I am completely lost...

They were alright :smile: Ahahahahaha I am too :biggrin: Ooohhh well done!
To be honest, I knew it would go badly so I wasn't bothered :nyan:
Hello, would any one like some Great Gatsby, The rime of the ancient mariner and Rossetti poem notes?
Original post by Kira Yagami
Hello, would any one like some Great Gatsby, The rime of the ancient mariner and Rossetti poem notes?

Gatsby notes would be fantastic!
Gatsby notes would be fantastic!

Hi, please tell me what you think :smile:
Hi, please tell me what you think :smile:

These are fantastic! Thank you so much :biggrin:
I sat LITB1 last year, but I think echoes and repetition is a good one to practise for Section B.
Original post by kingaaran
I sat LITB1 last year, but I think echoes and repetition is a good one to practise for Section B.

What ums did you get?
What ums did you get?

120 lol
Nice. How did you do in your other subjects. What uni are you going to and for what course?
Original post by kingaaran
120 lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending