The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

guys. am i the only one that found the last 3 questions of review ex 1 extremely difficult compared to the others.
Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the Exam Directory Thread which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions on your other exam papers, and do let me know if you spot any that aren't on the list. Good luck with this exam! :h:
HI guys, I'm currently doing past papers for FP2 and would like your opinions on which one you think was the hardest?
Original post by techfan42
HI guys, I'm currently doing past papers for FP2 and would like your opinions on which one you think was the hardest?

Was literally going to ask the same question! Looking back on grade boundaries now but they don't seem to shift much
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Was literally going to ask the same question! Looking back on grade boundaries now but they don't seem to shift much

yhh. grade boundaries suggest june 07 is the hardest with 51/75 for an A. calm ting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheFarmerLad

They seem to increase by one raw every year. :afraid:

The papers I've done so far have been trivial though, 2010-13. Which ones have you done?
Could anyone help with 9b on this please https://8dedc505ac3fba908c50836f59059ccce5cd0f1e.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYdHIxUkJmdndfMlE/June%202005%20QP%20-%20FP2%20Edexcel.pdf june 2005, how do you find the equation for the arg (z-3i)=3pi/4 bit? Thanks :-)
Original post by economicss
Could anyone help with 9b on this please https://8dedc505ac3fba908c50836f59059ccce5cd0f1e.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYdHIxUkJmdndfMlE/June%202005%20QP%20-%20FP2%20Edexcel.pdf june 2005, how do you find the equation for the arg (z-3i)=3pi/4 bit? Thanks :-)

Do you remember what a half line is? (if not, here's the video)

In this case, your loci is the half line passing through the centre of your circle from part (i) and making an angle of 3pi/4 with the horizontal. You want the point where the loci equal each other, that's the point of intersection that I've marked A in the diagram (Zacken sketch)TM below (forgive the excessive colours, it's been a long time since I've played around with paint and I was having fun)

Anyways - you want the point A. You can use easy trigonometry to find the x-coordinate, which will be the "adjacent" or the horizontal bit of the red line. And the y-coordinate comes from the height of the pink line the "opposite" but remember to add 3 to it since you're just finding the height above the centre, but the centre is at (0, 3i).

Oh, and you'll need to make the x coordinate negative, since you're finding the length but you want the coordinate.

And whilst I'm making explanatory edits: remember that the hypotenuse of your triangle thingymabob is 3 since it's the radius.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 288
Original post by Zacken

Best diagram ever
Original post by edothero
Best diagram ever

:flutter:
Original post by Zacken

In this case, your loci is the half line passing through the centre of your circle from part (i) and making an angle of 3pi/4 with the horizontal. You want the point where the loci equal each other, that's the point of intersection that I've marked A in the diagram (Zacken sketch)TM below (forgive the excessive colours, it's been a long time since I've played around with paint and I was having fun)

Anyways - you want the point A. You can use easy trigonometry to find the x-coordinate, which will be the "adjacent" or the horizontal bit of the red line. And the y-coordinate comes from the height of the pink line the "opposite" but remember to add 3 to it since you're just finding the height above the centre, but the centre is at (0, 3i).

Oh, and you'll need to make the x coordinate negative, since you're finding the length but you want the coordinate.

And whilst I'm making explanatory edits: remember that the hypotenuse of your triangle thingymabob is 3 since it's the radius.

Ah got it, thanks so much :smile:
Original post by economicss
Ah got it, thanks so much :smile:

No worries.
Original post by ChuckNorriss
yhh. grade boundaries suggest june 07 is the hardest with 51/75 for an A. calm ting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Different specification
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1461064250.934739.jpg
Can anyone please help with this m3 question
I don't get the answer which is in the markscheme.
Markscheme answer 3/4d
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
the reason why i only put 0.5a into the epe equation is because it becomes slack (not a spring)
Original post by jkhan9625

Can anyone please help with this m3 question
I don't get the answer which is in the markscheme.
Markscheme answer 3/4d
Thanks

This is the FP2 thread.
the reason why i only put 0.5a into the epe equation is because it becomes slack (not a spring)

Thanks for the answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
sketching a graph after doing 1st order or second order dy/dx isnt part of our spec is it?
sketching a graph after doing 1st order or second order dy/dx isnt part of our spec is it?

Why not? Fairly sure it is because we do graph sketching in C1/2.

It was in the exercises so I would assume it is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending