The Student Room Group

Poetry comparison

Hi, I'm doing AS level English lit, and the poetry part of the essay needs me to compare Edward Thomas and Alun Lewis poems, however I have no clue which to compare, if anyone has any ideas let me know? Thank youu!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by ejaypile
Hi, I'm doing AS level English lit, and the poetry part of the essay needs me to compare Edward Thomas and Alun Lewis poems, however I have no clue which to compare, if anyone has any ideas let me know? Thank youu!!

Do you still need help?

It's always easier to compare themes.

Poetry you have to make sure you compare structure and poetic devices. I think that is the key to understand poetry because the structure of poetry has so much to do with meaning.
Reply 3
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Thank you so much for your help haha, I have no idea how to work this site so I'm kinda just guessing about lol
Reply 4
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Do you still need help?

It's always easier to compare themes.

Poetry you have to make sure you compare structure and poetic devices. I think that is the key to understand poetry because the structure of poetry has so much to do with meaning.

Yes! Ohhh ok, I'll have another look at them with that in mind.. I love all aspects of English but coming across poetry comparisons is one of the hardest things I think I've done in A-Level work haha
Thank you so much for your help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending