The Student Room Group

To date or not to date? That is the question.

So i've recently been talking to this guy who is a year younger than me, he is sweet, funny, always up to chat to me even when he should be working and always asks if i'm ok. I had an awful break up last year and had a few dates after that ended but that too ended bust. I would love to go on a date with this guy but I honestly think it is too soon to even suggest that and I don't even know if he would want to xD anyone else been in this situation before? Should I wait to see if he asks me? Should I be brave and ask him? Shall I just hint to him that I may be interested but not sounding too keen as I don't want to scare him off? I literally don't know what do you guys think I should do?
making it more difficult than it needs to be. Its just a date. Decide where you are in the healing, but its just a drink or a meal etc. Why not go on a non date, cinema or just for company or with a group of friends? Doesnt have to be all pressure.
Original post by 999tigger
making it more difficult than it needs to be. Its just a date. Decide where you are in the healing, but its just a drink or a meal etc. Why not go on a non date, cinema or just for company or with a group of friends? Doesnt have to be all pressure.

Yeah but dates are scary when it's someone new and like I said I don't want to freak him out by asking him on one he may only like me as friend and want to keep it that way. I don't really know any of his mates and usually guys are different with their mates anyway D: guess asking him out for a drink won't hurt though.
what you have in your head is a lot of confusion and thats draining. Why not agree in your head he's a possible, but you will not waste time worrying and unless he asks you out himself you will review the situation in 4 or 6 weeks. Till then stop worrying and just be friendlyish- no wotties about rejection or anything till then.
Original post by 999tigger
what you have in your head is a lot of confusion and thats draining. Why not agree in your head he's a possible, but you will not waste time worrying and unless he asks you out himself you will review the situation in 4 or 6 weeks. Till then stop worrying and just be friendlyish- no wotties about rejection or anything till then.

Bit difficult to stop worrying when you have anxiety but ok lol...
It's so old fashioned the guy asking the girl on a date though and he may be shy himself and want me to ask him? It's more the fact of wording it without making it look desperate I think i'll find the hardest part.
Original post by weathergirl96
Bit difficult to stop worrying when you have anxiety but ok lol...
It's so old fashioned the guy asking the girl on a date though and he may be shy himself and want me to ask him? It's more the fact of wording it without making it look desperate I think i'll find the hardest part.

what im saying is make a decision then focus on the fact the decision is made because all this time thinking about it is wasted time.

Decide in th direct approach where its a clear date

The non direct non threatening approach where its just a chance to go for a meal see a film etc

Decide its all too much hassle and review it in a month

Pick and live with it. You didnt know him a year ago, so its no big loss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending