The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

any one experienced Oxford night life ???

Hi i am currently on a gap year at the moment and i have an unconditional from oxford brooks uni , i don't mind going to that uni as it is pretty good but if i get better grades which i hope with all the revision I'm doing i will probably go Birmingham or Nottingham . What is oxford brooks night life like though as I'm still intrested ? and what kind of music do they play `? . Im not into rock or anything i like RNB , house music and drum and base . Are the clubs good ? . Sorry for all the questions i just haven't ever experienced oxford night life .
If you accept it as ur firm you can't go through adjustment. You can only go through clearing because it's an unconditional.
What course are you doing?
What were the grade req and what did u get?

i applied there for accounting and finance and i have unconditional too! Have you decided your firm and insurance?!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by kieran876
Hi i am currently on a gap year at the moment and i have an unconditional from oxford brooks uni , i don't mind going to that uni as it is pretty good but if i get better grades which i hope with all the revision I'm doing i will probably go Birmingham or Nottingham . What is oxford brooks night life like though as I'm still intrested ? and what kind of music do they play `? . Im not into rock or anything i like RNB , house music and drum and base . Are the clubs good ? . Sorry for all the questions i just haven't ever experienced oxford night life .

It's really good to be honest. I think with most things, if you go too much, you'll get sick of it.

There's like 5-7 clubs and each night is a different night. Monday, Wed and Fridays are the most popular. I believe if you go out on Thursday you'll meet way more Oxford students than Brookes students as that's the former's night out. We don't tend to go out on the weekends because that's when the locals come out and it ain't pretty.

Monday is usually popular because it's Monday Night Bridge
Tuesday Attik
Wednesday like pretty much all unis is Sport Social so EVERYONE is at Fuzzies
Thursdays is Emporium or Purple Turtle or Varsity
Fridays is Plush (the only gay club) and everyone goes there cause it's so good. Or usually people go Bridge.

So it's usually always something happening and people still go out on Saturdays to Rumour or something. But Oxford doesn't have anything like Popworld or Yates or anything.

Overall it's really good but it's not a strip like Wind St (Swansea) Broad St (Birmingham); the clubs are within like 5-10 walking distances from each other, but you dont tend to go to one or more on a night out. This happens if the club shuts surprisingly early or if one place is more packed than the other!

Quick Reply