The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
With the amount they've spent they shouldn't be so reliant on 3 players. If Kompany is injured they have no defence, despite spending nearly 80m on Ornamental and Mangala. If KDB or Aguero is injured they have nothing going forward, again despite spending a fortune. Most of their signings since Pellegrini took over have been awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a fair counter. Only way I could disagree is that De Bruyne has been an exceptional signing. But other than that they've been dreadful. I guess that shows the desperation we're at now.
Original post by sr90
With the amount they've spent they shouldn't be so reliant on 3 players. If Kompany is injured they have no defence, despite spending nearly 80m on Ornamental and Mangala. If KDB or Aguero is injured they have nothing going forward, again despite spending a fortune. Most of their signings since Pellegrini took over have been awful.

Pellegrini doesn't sign players. Txiki Begiristain and Ferran Soriano do.
Original post by leinad2012
Out of interest, what do people think of Jose? I'd be furious but it seems a surprisingly large number of Arsenal fans would want him

Why even ask the question. Would never happen in a million years.
Original post by swirly
Players I suspect of doping this season:

Zarate
Kouyate
Joel Ward
Zouma
Jamie Vardy
Ross Barkley
Harry Kane
James Morrison
Lewis Grabban
Yaya Toure
Cuco Martina
Shane Long
Jose Fonte
Firmino
Joe Allen
Diego Costa
Rashford
Herrera
Wayne Routledge
Ashley Williams
Alderweireld
Andy Carroll
Bolaise

Rashford? WTF is he gonna be high on, Panda Pop?
You guys will end up low key giving tottenham the league by your last minute winner vs Leicester
^ Leicester recover from setbacks pretty well so i doubt it. The only thing that's changed is after our game vs Man City, Leicester aren't assured of it yet
Wenger is running Arsenal to the ground I've said this for the longest time even Spurs are better than us our stock is dropping rapidly with the casual fans they will go to Spurs and other clubs
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Why even ask the question. Would never happen in a million years.

Doesnt stop those on united thread talking about where Ronaldo, Bale and Hummels will fit into the united line up....
Doesnt stop those on united thread talking about where Ronaldo, Bale and Hummels will fit into the united line up....

That's the United thread, why even compare this to that abomination, FOR SHAME
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Rashford? WTF is he gonna be high on, Panda Pop?

HGH doe

I can't see how they'll fit in the team given that Neymar, Griezmann and Ibrahimovic are also joining this summer.

**** defenders, we'll just play 2-1-7
Original post by sr90
I can't see how they'll fit in the team given that Neymar, Griezmann and Ibrahimovic are also joining this summer.

**** defenders, we'll just play 2-1-7

Reckond it'd work. Stuff Bale in the hole and play Ronnie as dlp. Actually maybe not, don't want to disrupt Fosu-Mensahs growth...
Original post by TheChampion
wheres the wenger in brigade from a year ago? we need change

#WengerIn
imagine modern fans being so spoilt that they think a manager joining a club and winning the league, 2 league cups and getting to a CL semi final, in 3 years.. is not a decent return.

Spent a lot of money? so what.. so do most clubs these days. their net spend is only 30m over uniteds..

Brought players? not his choice.. he was outspoken at madrid of his hatred for buying big names, and not the players he needed.. I cant imagine that attitude has changed, yet city's board probably get to primarily decide who they bring in.

Jeeze modern fans are spoiled.. even with cities squad and spend, you cant have guarenteed success every year. 3 trophies in 3 years, and progress in the CL, is absolutely fine.

Excited by:
- Pellegrini, De boer + bergkamp, low,

Not excited by:
Martinez, bould, viera, Rodgers (serriously.. has better odds then De boer at the moment..)

Never going to happen, but will be linked:
Simone.

The one that got away:
Klopp....
(edited 8 years ago)
Smh

Well, that company that Professor Flamini set up isn't an April fool because BBC have now reported its existence. I don't think he'll be at another football club on a professional contract after the summer
Original post by fallen_acorns

Excited by:
- Pellegrini, De boer + bergkamp, low,

Berkgamp will never manage a big club with ambitions, dude can't fly.

Inb4 but Arsenal aren't a big club etc.
WBA game not going to sell out? I got an email saying there are still tickets available.
Original post by AliRizzo
Berkgamp will never manage a big club with ambitions, dude can't fly.

Inb4 but Arsenal aren't a big club etc.

bergkamp won't ever be a big club manager if he can't go on aircraft :colone: besides that is why we're also going for the man he works under, who's got that winning experience. Shame that three of that team went to spurs
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
WBA game not going to sell out? I got an email saying there are still tickets available.

Aren't you a Liverpool fan?

Latest