The Student Room Group

How do you wake up early

How do you wake up early on non school days and actually do revision? I mange to set up an alarm clock, put it all the way across my room so i have to get out of bed to turn it off. Then just go back to bed as im way too tired and "5 more minutes" turns into 2 more hours 😂 Tell me your secrets people

Scroll to see replies

I open my eyes earlier, then use my feet to get out of bed.
Reply 2
Original post by hxfsxh
I open my eyes earlier, then use my feet to get out of bed.

And you dont go back to bed?! How is that possible?!
Original post by RiahDawson
How do you wake up early on non school days and actually do revision? I mange to set up an alarm clock, put it all the way across my room so i have to get out of bed to turn it off. Then just go back to bed as im way too tired and "5 more minutes" turns into 2 more hours 😂 Tell me your secrets people

Go to bed early/exercise/drink a glass of water before bed so that nature calls in the morning and then when you're done in the bathroom, lock yourself in there and wash your face numerous times until you're awake.
u find it hard? lmaoo truss i dont even hear the alarm clock in the morning

the alarm goes off, the whole house wakes up but not me

i find it bare hard to wake up lmao
Literally the only way I've been able to manage this is by setting myself a task that would require me to get up and get out. So, for instance, plan on going to the shops to get stuff for breakfast. That way there is a kind of need to get up and get doing stuff; also you'll be more willing to get up because you won't be in the mindset that you'll have to get revising straight away, so you'll be less tempted by procrasti-sleeping. Otherwise, I will hit the snooze button for hours. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by jenigma
Go to bed early/exercise/drink a glass of water before bed so that nature calls in the morning and then when you're done in the bathroom, lock yourself in there and wash your face numerous times until you're awake.

I went to bed at 10pm before :u: it did not work. For water, I'll probably end up getting up at like 3am really needing to pee 😂😂. (Yes that's happened) maybe I'll try exercise.
You sleep early

If you don't do that then you will feel like you're ripping your sold out when your alarm clock rings and you attempt to drag yourself out of bed.
Reply 8
i wake up early on weekends naturally if i went to sleep before 1am the night before but otherwise i wake up at like 11 lol ripppppp
Reply 9

Only the gifted know this answer but mine is when my legs and body goes warm like I feel like sun so I gotta get up cause somehow it motivates me ...no I m not weird it's Just hard to explain😅
Original post by Pro Crastination
Literally the only way I've been able to manage this is by setting myself a task that would require me to get up and get out. So, for instance, plan on going to the shops to get stuff for breakfast. That way there is a kind of need to get up and get doing stuff; also you'll be more willing to get up because you won't be in the mindset that you'll have to get revising straight away, so you'll be less tempted by procrasti-sleeping. Otherwise, I will hit the snooze button for hours. :frown:

You see if I have to get up and actually buy myself food, get dressed, go out in the cold, I'd probably skip breakfast 😂. Maybe I'll try another task. Thanks :smile:
Original post by zanner
i wake up early on weekends naturally if i went to sleep before 1am the night before but otherwise i wake up at like 11 lol ripppppp

11 isn't that late 😂 Try 2pm
And you dont go back to bed?! How is that possible?!

Very possible in fact
Original post by kaam1234
Only the gifted know this answer but mine is when my legs and body goes warm like I feel like sun so I gotta get up cause somehow it motivates me ...no I m not weird it's Just hard to explain😅

No sun shines into my window. (Other side of the house its all sunny -.-) Being nice and cosy makes you want to sleep more, no?
Original post by hxfsxh
Very possible in fact

Such motivation.. Such self control..
I went to bed at 10pm before :u: it did not work. For water, I'll probably end up getting up at like 3am really needing to pee 😂😂. (Yes that's happened) maybe I'll try exercise.

Don't sleep again then.

I set it for example 6:45am then reset it to 7:00am then go to sleep each time, and each time as it's spaced out within 15/20 minutes I become less sleepy so am awake for 7:30am which was the time I wanted to be awake for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenigma
Don't sleep again then.

I think getting up at 3am is a bit much 😂😂. I was thinking more like 8am..
Reply 18
11 isn't that late 😂 Try 2pm

dw man in the holidays i woke up at 2-3pm

was gr8
Defintely drink loads of water before you go to bed. It's how some american tribes historically woke up early for morning hunting. I also splash my face while in the bathroom if im really tired.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending