The Student Room Group

How do you wake up early

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMEGGGY
I set it for example 6:45am then reset it to 7:00am then go to sleep each time, and each time as it's spaced out within 15/20 minutes I become less sleepy so am awake for 7:30am which was the time I wanted to be awake for

Posted from TSR Mobile

So get up 45minutes eariler to prepare to get out of bed?
Original post by RiahDawson
I think getting up at 3am is a bit much 😂😂. I was thinking more like 8am..

Looks like you have no motivation to do well then. Pointless thread.
No sun shines into my window. (Other side of the house its all sunny -.-) Being nice and cosy makes you want to sleep more, no?

Yaassss when u lay outside and u just pass out cause it feels good, preach it 🙌🏾
Original post by jenigma
Looks like you have no motivation to do well then. Pointless thread.

Do you get up at 3am and start revising?
Reply 24
LOL I don't even go to sleep. I've given up on trying to get up early. I just don't sleep, do work on all night, then chill in school. Come home and drop off, then repeat the next day. Works a charm :wink:

And on non-school days I just have more time to work and more time to sleep. But if you suck at sleep deprivation (which any healthy person SHOULD, pls help me i have issues) then this probably is not the method for you.
Multiple alarms
And my subconscious mind telling me to wake the **** up
Do you get up at 3am and start revising?

I don't need to. I now do my work as it comes so there is no need for such drastic measures.
But I have in the past.

If you failed a couple times, that could help you in realising why it's important to get up early and revise too.
Original post by jenigma
I don't need to. I now do my work as it comes so there is no need for such drastic measures.
But I have in the past.

Getting up at 3am is pointless as you end up being very sleep deprived (unless you're a person who can cope with little sleep). If you're tired you're going to concentrate less in the day and then spend longer revising something which would take you less time if you weren't sleep deprived. Concentrating in class is a nightmare then.
Original post by mariam687
u find it hard? lmaoo truss i dont even hear the alarm clock in the morning

the alarm goes off, the whole house wakes up but not me

i find it bare hard to wake up lmao

Lol. I love the way you write. :tongue:
Original post by champ_mc99
Lol. I love the way you write. :tongue:

the way i write?

thanks tho lmaooo
Reply 30
i sometimes listen to binaurials or some sexc zen music to get me awake.
Original post by mariam687
the way i write?

thanks tho lmaooo

Yeh. i kinda hav dis luv-h8 relationship wen ppl txt talk.
Original post by champ_mc99
Yeh. i kinda hav dis luv-h8 relationship wen ppl txt talk.

aha ok :smile:
When the fear sets in you dont mess about.
Reply 34
I'd suggest trying to work out when is the best time of day for you to work, it's different for everyone, bodies just work best at different times of day.

The lecturer who told me about this said that he worked out he worked best very early morning, because it's quiet and he's most alert just after sleeping. so if he had a lecture at 9, will get up at 4 or 5, do the planning, then travel to uni. It's rubbish for those of us who need presentations slides before the lecture to print off on colorued paper but it works for him!

I'm not suggesting that this is going to be the time for you, I'm more saying an example of when you find out your best time of working is not in the standard 9-5 day of working. So, be willing to accept you may struggle to work in the mornings, which is why your body is struggling to get out of bed and wake up at that time and do work.

Their is no point in forcing yourself to get up and work at a time that is hard for you or your body. Most work is hard enough without doing it at the wrong time making it harder..

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, if you just want ways to get up then their have been loads of good suggestions already, so I won't write any more of those I just think you should think about this.
11 isn't that late 😂 Try 2pm

Aha, this is so true. I thought I was bad when I was doing my A levels, waking up at 11am on a Sunday... Now I might wake up at 2pm on a Tuesday and be like 'good to have a lie in' :frown:
I don't.
Being able to wake up early is like the holy grail of life for me at the moment, but then perhaps going to bed at 3am and expecting to wake up at 8am isn't a great idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending