The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
So someone being "wrong in your eyes" on one thing makes him invalid in others?.
He also has no point, Men and women are pretty equal in most things, but strength and fat storage and shape and biological things are the only things to differ us.

but for the most part we are equal

He wasn't subjectively wrong he was objectively wrong.
Original post by Youngmetro
He wasn't subjectively wrong he was objectively wrong.

Even if you think that, or even if he actually was, this does not really effect how correct he is in other subjects
Original post by WoodyMKC
Childbirth worse than those you mean? Hard to judge being kicked in the nuts as women don't experience it and men don't experience childbirth, so it's impossible to compare. However, it's a common consensus that cluster headaches are worse than childbirth and I get those about once every two weeks :lol:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cluster+headaches+worse+than+childbirth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=CTUUV8C1N8WTaa3inZgE

Actually there is a standardised pain index, but I'm not sure which comes out on top :holmes:
Original post by DrSocSciences
Yours is a curiously sheltered and archaic perspective of the world.

If you have the opportunity to work in a professional capacity and within a meritocratic environment in any of the capital cities on the planet, your views might change pretty quickly.

I live and work in London but thanks for the tip.
While there are more smarter men then women, there are also more dumber men then women. Women tend to have a more consistent IQ amongst themselves whereas men's IQ have a much larger variation. But yeah, you're definitely right about women contributing to all those areas.
Original post by The_Last_Melon
1) Childbirth.

2) Breasts containing milk.

3) Aren't built like ogres.

4) Testosterone rises steadily with age rather than peaking then fading.

5) Vastly superior social intelligence.

6) Obsessed with health and beauty which are sensible obsessions. Beauty is deception which demonstrates an instinctive understanding for warfare.

7) Equally capable as men in all technical areas, just less interested in doing it because it is seen like monkey-work to them.

8) They all know it, but never talk about it, except the feminists - but most of them aren't feminists whereas most men are chauvanists because they are in denial about their inferiority.

I could go on and on, but now it's your turn to contribute.

if women are so superior how comes they only manage to make 77% of what men do?.....yeah, not so superior any more.
Childbirth is nothing compared to taking a stiff shot to the nuts :u: As are cluster headaches and I get those pretty regularly.

it's not just childbirth though, is it.

We have to carry the bloody thing for 9 months, as well as periods basically our whole livesss

WHICH might I add are gross and unpleasant and they hurt and cause bloating and paranoia of leakage and

we just deal with it man

~fair play to us~

Fair play

to us
Original post by Milzime

We have to carry the bloody thing for 9 months, as well as periods basically our whole livesss

WHICH might I add are gross and unpleasant and they hurt and cause bloating and paranoia of leakage and

we just deal with it man

~fair play to us~

Fair play

to us

Periods aren't that bad.

Methinks I'm just fortunate not to have painful ones
Reply 108
Original post by Blondie987
We are all equal

but some are more equal than others
you really are :{

I don't even care if I'm giving tmi

rip milz hers are awful
Original post by Zargabaath
While there are more smarter men then women, there are also more dumber men then women. Women tend to have a more consistent IQ amongst themselves whereas men's IQ have a much larger variation. But yeah, you're definitely right about women contributing to all those areas.

True as that may be, it doesn't change the fact that men have contributed more; even when you take into account the contributions of women have been downplayed or downright ignored throughout history. Some people would explain this away as patriarchal oppression but I don't know...

Anyway, it's kind of the same thing with the physical strength; some women will be stronger than some men but on average men are usually stronger.
I know females built like ogres, and I know socially inferior women, and men have milk in their testes, which is why breasts can be called bresticles/chesticles though I cringe, and there can be no childbirth without semen.
You can when, according to polls, the extreme majority of women that have experienced both would say that cluster headaches are worse than childbirth :wink:

Just because you have experiences something 'more painful' doesn't mean that childbirth isn't extremely painful. Try squeezing a watermelon out of you ass and compare, for science ya know.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
I live and work in London but thanks for the tip.

Hence the use of the subjunctive.
Original post by DrSocSciences
Hence the use of the subjunctive.

Okay.
I think because the contributions of women haven't been as "glamorous" as men, they've largely been forgotten. It's often forgotten or ignored that women were the head of the household and on a day to day basis were vital to the functioning of society. They were the ones that would dictate what happened to the family's resources. They were the social hubs of each household. They had direct influence over the most powerful people, they were the mothers and sisters and wives of every powerful male. They were totally in control of how children were raised (think about that, the entire next generation was raised almost totally by women)

So yes while they may not have contributed as much to specific fields such as science or arts ect, they have always been absolutely vital to society (beyond the obvious child bearing roles). You have to remember that most people throughout history and weren't powerful or "gifted" and it's the day to day plight that's shaped society more then anything else. So I do disagree that women have contributed less then men, in the past anyway. I don't like modern gender politics and would rather not comment on the current dynamic.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I had no idea that you suffered from cluster headaches! This will probably sound a bit weird but I find them really interesting to read about as I suffer from migraines myself (though they're obviously nothing compared to a cluster headache!) :tongue: How would you say that you cope with them?

I do unfortunately :frown: I've got a pretty high pain tolerance though and I just tend to curl up on my bed and stuff my face into a pillow and request to be left alone :lol: Though occasionally the pain gets so bad it makes me vomit, which oddly enough seems to dull the pain a bit :s-smilie:
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
Just because you have experiences something 'more painful' doesn't mean that childbirth isn't extremely painful. Try squeezing a watermelon out of you ass and compare, for science ya know.

I never said it wasn't???
Original post by Milzime

we just deal with it man

~fair play to us~

Fair play

to us

Fair play indeed :redface:
Original post by idontknowmedoyou

This is quite fascinating actually. After reading a little online, it seems that the majority of the pain doesn't come from stretching but from muscle contractions that push the baby out.

Latest