The Student Room Group

Going clubbing in your 30's?

Scroll to see replies

Not my favourite place to go out to on a night out. Very noise, expensive drinks and not the most social as you're usually being squashed with too many people in, and sweaty to boot. I prefer the pub or bar with the local band playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HotHipster
How about you make a judgement call and STFU :lol:

You're just calling her "naive" because you're butthurt not all younger women like older guys. OMG, someone in the age group I like doesnt like guys my age, they must be wrong! 11!

Deal with it. :smug:

You sound like the kind of socially awkward guy in his 30s who pesters younger women after they clearly say no (judging by your moaning about "the media" when in reality some guys are just creeps, and trying to dismiss her opinion). Then gets thrown out by the bouncers.

Can't tell if naive, realy young or just arrogant or even stupid.

You assume I am moaning, you claim I am a socially awkward guy.

Sounds like you need to grow up a lot or just not that intelligent but judging from your username I assume just arrogant.

You seem to take niave like its a dirty word/means stupid., when I meant it to be a limitation of experience.

If I liked younger girls then how was it even when I was 20/21 I was creeped out going with girls even aged 18.

I have had plenty of women who have made other guys jealous by the way :wink: to the point people don't understand why such a girl isn't with them rather than me as they think I am plainer.
Original post by Tabstercat
from my experience students love cheesy music and £1 drinks..

Give me a few £1 drinks and the music being played is irrelevant because it doesn't register when I'm drunk anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would hope to God that I enjoy my youth now so that I won't have to try it as a pensioner.
Reply 64
My mum is 50, although she looks like she's in her mid 30s, and she goes clubbing with her friends and she still gets hit on by guys literally half her age :colonhash:
Original post by drbluebox
It's creepty to you as you are still naive and still think of yourselves as between kid and adult where to the guys (and women do this to young men too) They see a girl who at that age is more likely to experience the world so wants to have fun, no worries about setting down yet, isn't showing signs of age, has more energy.

Instead of your brain flicking to danger make an actual judgement call and assume maybe being older they could be more mature, more stable in life and such.

Men are attracted to femininity hence the younger women more likely to show it over the ones who are swamped with a career or at least a stressful job, its only creepy as you are used to the media telling you women are victims and men predators.

I disagree, most of the time it is very creepy.

My friends and I had our first night out a couple of months ago. Walking from our first bar to the next we were stopped by some guys who were old enough to be our fathers. They were pushy and demanded to know where we were going, and we found some polite way to tell them to **** off. The next place I had problems getting into as the machine wasn't accepting my ID when my friends were already in. Another group of men, younger this time but still definitely at least ten years older than me started closing in, asking me where I was going. Much more terrifying when you're alone.

We were 18, it was our first time, we only wanted to enjoy ourselves and experience the city nightlife. But we were approached several times that night when we clearly were not soliciting anything, and many of those who approached took a long time to back off. It was predatory.

People that claim harassment by older men doesn't happen, or that it's harmless, either aren't experiencing it, noticing it, or linking it to a much wider problem.
Original post by Anonymous

My friends and I had our first night out a couple of months ago. Walking from our first bar to the next we were stopped by some guys who were old enough to be our fathers. They were pushy and demanded to know where we were going, and we found some polite way to tell them to **** off. The next place I had problems getting into as the machine wasn't accepting my ID when my friends were already in. Another group of men, younger this time but still definitely at least ten years older than me started closing in, asking me where I was going. Much more terrifying when you're alone.

We were 18, it was our first time, we only wanted to enjoy ourselves and experience the city nightlife. But we were approached several times that night when we clearly were not soliciting anything, and many of those who approached took a long time to back off. It was predatory.

People that claim harassment by older men doesn't happen, or that it's harmless, either aren't experiencing it, noticing it, or linking it to a much wider problem.

I should add - don't take this as a discouragement from going clubbing at an older age. Just... stick to your age group.
Reply 67

tbh a lot of the moaning ITT is older guys being defensive
Original post by HotHipster
tbh a lot of the moaning ITT is older guys being defensive

I think you should definitely go clubbing if you want. Seeing older guys is really normal nowadays, and I have no problem if they have no ulterior motive other than to have a good time!
26 is about the max age for clubbing. Some guy in his 30s went clubbing and was sworn and spat at for being too old especially when their were girls as young as 17 there he was called pervert got pushed about and all sorts.
since when did going clubbing come with an expiry date?
as long as your not going to freshers events or events aimed for younger people because that is awkward and a bit :/
Reply 71
I should add - don't take this as a discouragement from going clubbing at an older age. Just... stick to your age group.

I'm a 30 year old guy who still goes clubbing, tbh I find girls your age more receptive than girls my age. Then again I don't look my age. Yesterday my new flatmate asked me if I'm a student. Your post pisses me off tbh, why am i automatically creepy if I approach girls your age? What about girls your age that come onto me, what does it make them?

Back to my first question, why is it creepy for me to desire a female of prime reproductive age rather than a 30 year old woman who's getting crows feet and showing signs of aging?
Original post by ANM775
I'm a 30 year old guy who still goes clubbing, tbh I find girls your age more receptive than girls my age. Then again I don't look my age. Yesterday my new flatmate asked me if I'm a student. Your post pisses me off tbh, why am i automatically creepy if I approach girls your age? What about girls your age that come onto me, what does it make them?

Back to my first question, why is it creepy for me to desire a female of prime reproductive age rather than a 30 year old woman who's getting crows feet and showing signs of aging?

Many, many problems with this mentality. My post was really aimed at guys who aggressively target younger girls, but yeah, I still have a problem with the whole dynamic regardless of how it's done.

Girls my age may be physically developed, but they simply aren't on the same maturity level as you. By (a) coming on to them or (b) being receptive when they come on to you, you are being expolitative. Widespread acceptance of girls pairing up with guys 12 years their senior leads to what I've mentioned - harassment (not that I'm suggesting you do this), because older men somehow feel entitled to ruin a young woman's night out. And then it becomes a stigma when they dare to complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It isn't creepy to find girls my age attractive. That's biology.

It's creepy to act on that when you should know better.

And really, 30 year old women are still young by today's standards so I don't see why you are this selective. Plus the youth and attractiveness of a partner shouldn't be the only factor in choosing to sleep with them, but hey, that's my opinion.
I'll be clubbing in my 30s. Actually, up to whatever age my mind and body can handle it. Why does clubbing have to be limited to young people? If you enjoy something why should you let age stop you?
Original post by ANM775
why is it creepy for me to desire a female of prime reproductive age

I seriously do not know, man... :dontknow:
Original post by Novascope
I'll be clubbing in my 30s. Actually, up to whatever age my mind and body can handle it. Why does clubbing have to be limited to young people? If you enjoy something why should you let age stop you?

I can see myself doing so as well, as long as money and time permits! :five: I have a kid sister who I've told I'll take her clubbing when she is 18 and I am 31 - hopefully she doesn't find me too uncool by then, lol :biggrin:
I think by the time most people reach their 30s they don't care whether it's 'normal' or what you think of them.
By (a) coming on to them or (b) being receptive when they come on to you, you are being expolitative.

Because over 18s aren't able to make basic decisions for themselves.

Gee, you went on a night out and were approached by men, one of whom had the temerity to - gasp! - walk towards you and ask you a question.

Kids these days. Maybe they need to start creating safe spaces at clubs.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I can see myself doing so as well, as long as money and time permits! :five: I have a kid sister who I've told I'll take her clubbing when she is 18 and I am 31 - hopefully she doesn't find me too uncool by then, lol :biggrin:

Nah I doubt you'll be uncool by then. Your 30s isn't even old! So I don't know why people are acting like it is haha, you're in your prime at that age.
hard question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending