The Student Room Group

Ngdp lga 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by notsogeekygeek
could you tell use how you did it your self? could you post the link you used pleas.

Thank you

It's https://khub.net/register
thank you
Hey all, I've not been able to make it to the meet and greet days, I just wondered if it would be possible for anyone that could go to fill us in a bit. Obviously wouldn't expect you to tell us about every council you spoke to, but just if there was anything of particular interest worth mentioning. Cheers.
Original post by Nightwing_
Hey all, I've not been able to make it to the meet and greet days, I just wondered if it would be possible for anyone that could go to fill us in a bit. Obviously wouldn't expect you to tell us about every council you spoke to, but just if there was anything of particular interest worth mentioning. Cheers.

I went to London - any particular questions?
Reply 304
Hi everyone,
I couldn't attend the info day either. Did they mention when we had to fill out the preference form by and how/when we get them?

If interviews start the 3rd of May it seems like we should already be filling them out....
God, councils have changed again! Would it really be so hard to lock them in earlier?!!!

Original post by thegreatstupendo
I went to London - any particular questions?

Hey, I kind of wondered whether the different councils gave much of an impression about what was important to them and if any of the councils gave the impression they had a strong focus on the environment and outdoor space? No worries if you can't remember the specifics. Were Plymouth there? Did you get to talk to them if so?

Cheers
Hi all, I went to the day in Wolverhampton- there weren't as many councils there as there were in London, basically it was just an opportunity to meet some of the participating authorities, ask any questions etc. I don't think anyone will be at a disadvantage if they didn't attend as long as you've properly researched the councils you want to apply to.

Apparently 133 of us got through to this stage with 120 jobs, but one of the councils I spoke to said those numbers are to account for drop outs and most people will get a job at this stage.

When I asked about the style of interview, it varied from council to council. Some told me it was a pretty informal day where they want to just get to know you as a person to make sure you'll be a good fit for the council- there's a lunch, you get taken around the local area to see what it's like etc. Others told me there'd be some group activities, individual interviews etc. Make sure you do your research on the council, the area and local government issues. it would also be an advantage to know what kinds of areas you want to go into, show your passion and enthusiasm for local government and be yourself.

Hope that helps and good luck to everyone!
Got access to the online forum but can't see reading wich would of been my 1st choose. I'm shour they where in the list. Anyone know if they are still doing it? Where they at the London day? If so dose anyone know anything about them?

Thank you
Got access to the online forum but can't see reading wich would of been my 1st choose. I'm shour they where in the list. Anyone know if they are still doing it? Where they at the London day? If so dose anyone know anything about them?

Thank you

Hey, Reading are on the final list that we have been sent through so you will definitely be able to put them down. One of the councils I am interested in also has not been put up on khub, hopefully they all will be at some point.
So I just received access to the KHub and a preference form, hopefully you all did too! Is anyone else slightly unimpressed that we have less than a week to submit preferences? Given that it took them a week and a half to actually give us access and that the email says "we continue to encourage you to continue talking to the councils on KHub" this seems a bit rich, especially for those unable to attend information days and given that the list of councils keeps changing!!
Original post by paddy25
So I just received access to the KHub and a preference form, hopefully you all did too! Is anyone else slightly unimpressed that we have less than a week to submit preferences? Given that it took them a week and a half to actually give us access and that the email says "we continue to encourage you to continue talking to the councils on KHub" this seems a bit rich, especially for those unable to attend information days and given that the list of councils keeps changing!!

yep!!!
Original post by paddy25

I have been finding it quit hard work. I work and so had figured out some time i could look at all this and then only got access this afternoon and now it seems not all are on it. I don't no how easily i will find more time especially with needing to take time out for interviews.
Original post by Nightwing_
God, councils have changed again! Would it really be so hard to lock them in earlier?!!!

Hey, I kind of wondered whether the different councils gave much of an impression about what was important to them and if any of the councils gave the impression they had a strong focus on the environment and outdoor space? No worries if you can't remember the specifics. Were Plymouth there? Did you get to talk to them if so?

Cheers

Sorry, I'm going to be pretty useless here - I don't remember any council particularly standing out as more focussed on the environment, and I didn't see Plymouth there. Sorry!
I have been finding it quit hard work. I work and so had figured out some time i could look at all this and then only got access this afternoon and now it seems not all are on it. I don't no how easily i will find more time especially with needing to take time out for interviews.

I know, already had to take two days off work, now three more!
Reply 314
I know, already had to take two days off work, now three more!

Tell me about it! So difficult to get time to get enough answers when working full time. I'm also abroad at the end of May. May is going to be a nightmare!
Reply 315
So many people I've emailed are away on a residential with cohort 17. So many out of office replies. They could've timed this better!
Has everyone submitted their preference forms now? What have you gone for?
Reply 317
Has everyone submitted their preference forms now? What have you gone for?

Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham. How about you?
Has anyone heard anything back regarding interviews yet?
Original post by k1995c
Has anyone heard anything back regarding interviews yet?

No, a couple of councils have put up the interview dates on khub, but most have not by the look of it. I think they said we wouldn't hear for a while so probably wouldn't worry. Must be a bit of an admin nightmare arranging all the interviews for everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending