The Student Room Group

Current Glasgow Vet Students?

I was wondering how much time first years spend at the main campus, I know the majority of teaching is at Garscube but I heard first years are required to attend lectures at the main campus every so often. Haven't seen many Glasgow vet students on here at all but hoping someone can answer my question :smile:
Hey, I'm a second year vet at Glasgow - the new course means that all timetabled lectures and practicals are at the garscube campus or the uni's farm about 15 mins away from garscube. Last year we had one practical down at the main campus but that was it :smile: hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by chaarlotte
Hey, I'm a second year vet at Glasgow - the new course means that all timetabled lectures and practicals are at the garscube campus or the uni's farm about 15 mins away from garscube. Last year we had one practical down at the main campus but that was it :smile: hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks very much 😁
Also do you think it's fairly worthwhile staying at Wolfson then as virtually all your time is at Garscube?

Edit: if you don't mind can I also ask what your first year timetable was like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Treen98
Okay thanks very much 😁
Also do you think it's fairly worthwhile staying at Wolfson then as virtually all your time is at Garscube?

Edit: if you don't mind can I also ask what your first year timetable was like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile: I stayed at home in first year since I am local but a good number of people in my year stayed at wolfson which they generally found to be quite handy for going to class etc, the downside was that it was catered and could be inconvenient for transport links and such. First year was a lot of 9am lectures with practicals in the afternoon, pretty high workload and a lot of stuff is computerised so there were some online activities to do as well. If you want, you can PM me your email and I'll send you my timetable from last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by chaarlotte
No problem :smile: I stayed at home in first year since I am local but a good number of people in my year stayed at wolfson which they generally found to be quite handy for going to class etc, the downside was that it was catered and could be inconvenient for transport links and such. First year was a lot of 9am lectures with practicals in the afternoon, pretty high workload and a lot of stuff is computerised so there were some online activities to do as well. If you want, you can PM me your email and I'll send you my timetable from last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah not too fussed on the catering choice either- I'd prefer noncatered 😐 that would be good thanks- I'll PM you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending