The Student Room Group

The Green Party Leader Talks about the 9/11 'accident'

(edited 6 years ago)
is this similar to the Green Party in the UK ?
So basically they're the equivalent of some sections of the Labour Party (especially university clubs) over here?
When you said "Green Party Leader" I assumed it was Natalie Bennet, and I was impressed she could cope with numbers like "nine"and "eleven."
Original post by MildredMalone
When you said "Green Party Leader" I assumed it was Natalie Bennet, and I was impressed she could cope with numbers like "nine"and "eleven."

"So Natalie, do you have any facts and figures to back up your outlandish claims on 9/11?"

"Ah well........yeah well.........when you look at the.......there is great inequality in this country."
Reply 5
Original post by Mathemagicien
Sweden has a problem with institutional anti-Semitism and support for terrorists

Spoiler

Much but by no means all of it comes down to a political ideology that hides behind the title “Green Party”.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/swedens-green-party-leader-talks-about-the-911-accident/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547291/Sweden-s-deputy-PM-sparks-outcry-describing-9-11-Twin-Towers-attack-September-11-accidents.html

Oh alright now:colone:
I'll admit I don't know Swedish, but likely she got her words muddled. Do you really think she actually believes they were accidental?

Also, what's it got to do with anti-Semitism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
We can't hide from the fact the left and liberal groups strive to defend Islam and Islamic terrorism. They claim to be opposed to terrorism but will defend it in every situation, providing it is a branch of Islam
9/11 was an accident and Hitler loved a good old multi-faith society
No, its not a translation error, otherwise Swedish media wouldn't be talking about it too: http://www.thelocal.se/20160419/swedens-deputy-pm-defends-911-accident-gaffe

It's not anti-Semitic itself, but its a sign of the terrorist and Islamist sympathising views that many left wing Swedish government officials seem to have

I didn't say it was a translation error, I said I think she likely made a mistake and said the wrong word, just as Trump did when he said 7/11. As I said, do you think she really believes 9/11 was accidental?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, I see, just like the Liberal Democrats accidentally pledged to reduce tuition fees, and that Labour councillor accidentally said Hitler, rather than Gandhi, was the greatest man ever.

I'm pretty sure you know the stupidity of such strawmen comparisons as well as I do.

I ask again: do you think she really believes 9/11 was accidental?
Original post by sfaraj
Hitler loved a good old multi-faith society

Umm???
Reply 12
Original post by anarchism101
I didn't say it was a translation error, I said I think she likely made a mistake and said the wrong word, just as Trump did when he said 7/11. As I said, do you think she really believes 9/11 was accidental?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The left have a record of defending Islam and Islamic terrorism so it's not hard to believe is it?
Also, for the record, YouGov's research on intolerance last year found that of seven Northern European countries (UK, France, Germany and the Scandinavian states), Sweden was in fact the least antisemitic. Negative attitudes to black people, young people and even gay people (Sweden is generally considered one of the most LGBT-friendly countries in the world) were more common than towards Jews, and even negativity towards Christians was found to be approximately the same.
Original post by anarchism101
Also, for the record, YouGov's research on intolerance last year found that of seven Northern European countries (UK, France, Germany and the Scandinavian states), Sweden was in fact the least antisemitic. Negative attitudes to black people, young people and even gay people (Sweden is generally considered one of the most LGBT-friendly countries in the world) were more common than towards Jews, and even negativity towards Christians was found to be approximately the same.

YouGov- online surveying service. The rather large elephant in the room (urban Muslims in Sweden) aren't exactly going to be browsing surveys on what they think of jews (assuming they can even read in english or swedish in the first place)
Original post by richpanda
YouGov- online surveying service. The rather large elephant in the room (urban Muslims in Sweden) aren't exactly going to be browsing surveys on what they think of jews (assuming they can even read in english or swedish in the first place)

There are far fewer Muslims in Finland (both absolutely and proportionally) than in Sweden, yet for Finland YouGov reported a noticeably higher (though still quite low) rate of antisemitism. For the record, estimates of the number of Muslims in Sweden (defining 'Muslim' very broadly - including such people as atheists born to Muslim communities) are about 5% at most.

TL;DR - you're trying to pick a hole in the research by crystal balling a problem without really having a clue how the resewarch was done.
Original post by Multiculturalism
Umm???

sarcasm mate:facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending