The Student Room Group

I think she just said she loves me?

Hey, I have developed feelings for this lovely girl over the last year and a half and she has been really nice to me. We have been out once, she has kissed me multiple times at a party, and we talk about our feelings quite a bit (although not for each other).

We have a bit of banter around her being a feminist, but this time it went quite odd. We were talking in the group chat with 9 of our friends. She told me to stfu over me being smug about not doing physics, and so I went "I'm a feminist hear me roar".

She responded "Roar means I love you in dinosaur". I had no idea how to respond so I just laugh faced and changed the subject. She didn't respond for the rest of the night.

I realise in all likelihood it was just a joke, but I now kinda feel bad for laughing since I think she meant it. Still, I didn't really get chance to talk to her today and she seemed a little bit off in the chat. Thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I have developed feelings for this lovely girl over the last year and a half and she has been really nice to me. We have been out once, she has kissed me multiple times at a party, and we talk about our feelings quite a bit (although not for each other).

We have a bit of banter around her being a feminist, but this time it went quite odd. We were talking in the group chat with 9 of our friends. She told me to stfu over me being smug about not doing physics, and so I went "I'm a feminist hear me roar".

She responded "Roar means I love you in dinosaur". I had no idea how to respond so I just laugh faced and changed the subject. She didn't respond for the rest of the night.

I realise in all likelihood it was just a joke, but I now kinda feel bad for laughing since I think she meant it. Still, I didn't really get chance to talk to her today and she seemed a little bit off in the chat. Thoughts?

From the way it went, she could have read "rawr" being translated to "I love you" in a meme somewhere and it just popped into her head, and then she realised what she just said to you.

Unfortunately for anyone in this kind of situation, the most straightforward way to find out is to ask!

Would you class yourselves as being in a relationship? If not, could it be the time to ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending