The Student Room Group

What were Morrison's thinking ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessZara
awh how cute

Pretty childish response to somebody ruining your paranoid and delusional claim.
Original post by Thomb
Poor bloke it really is an insult to muslims to be tricked into eating pork. I bet someone who works for morrisons is getting a big kick out of all this. My sympathy goes out to my muslim brother.

Or, more likely, something was accidentally mispackaged an some rando is being a crybaby.

Original post by the bear
borscht

I think that's the noise you make when you eat it.
Original post by PrincessZara
Would be funny if someone accidentally took a bite into halal food due to the labelling, would be a huge media outcry and outrage.

As evidenced by the case that this happens all the time and it hasnt caused massive outrage, no it wouldnt.

The desire to only eat halal meat vs only eating non halal meat are both preferences. Avoiding halal meat just happens to be far more rational...
Original post by zXcodeXz
Non-Muslims eat any type of meat why would it bother them if they got halal meat? They wouldn't even care

Not true at all. I never knowingly eat Halal (or Kosher) meat because of the cruel way the animals are killed. And I would never eat meat in a Muslim restaurant for the same reason.

The other non meat stuff I don't care about. If they want to have an Imam or Rabbi uttering some ridiculous prayer over a pint of milk or whatever, who cares.

But Kosher and Halal meat is inherently cruel in its production (in fairness most slaughter is cruel, mind) and it should be banned in this country.
Eating pork if your a Muslim?

There can't be any meaningful compensation.

Muslims can go to hell for the terrible sin of eating pork, I am sure. Allah gets really annoyed about all that kind of stuff. Same with prawns and booze. We Kaffirs are going to hell anyway, so we might as well have the odd pint and eggs and bacon for breakfast...

How much money can compensate you for all eternity spent in hell fire?

I don't think twenty grand will do it...

:biggrin:
Original post by QE2
But i's permitted in cases of necessity or ignorance. So no loss.

Ok
Original post by QE2
Wrong. Non-Muslims have many and varied approaches to meat. Some people only eat organic, or free-range. Some won't eat veal, others turkey. Some won't eat halal. Just the same as Muslims with pork. It is a personal choice based of information particular to the individual. You can't say that one person's preference is more valid than anothers.

Most of the people do not bother on what they eat. My point is yes there are people who are vegetarians and people who have their own preference but many people won't care.
Original post by JezWeCan!
Not true at all. I never knowingly eat Halal (or Kosher) meat because of the cruel way the animals are killed. And I would never eat meat in a Muslim restaurant for the same reason.

The other non meat stuff I don't care about. If they want to have an Imam or Rabbi uttering some ridiculous prayer over a pint of milk or whatever, who cares.

But Kosher and Halal meat is inherently cruel in its production (in fairness most slaughter is cruel, mind) and it should be banned in this country.

Any type of animal killing is bad either way doesn't matter how Muslims do it at the end of the day the animals die either way. Please try and not to be disrespectful of my religion.
Original post by JezWeCan!
There can't be any meaningful compensation.

Muslims can go to hell for the terrible sin of eating pork, I am sure. Allah gets really annoyed about all that kind of stuff. Same with prawns and booze. We Kaffirs are going to hell anyway, so we might as well have the odd pint and eggs and bacon for breakfast...

How much money can compensate you for all eternity spent in hell fire?

I don't think twenty grand will do it...

:biggrin:

The whole point of it is to avoid this. Your thinking oh yes it's ok to once eat this with full rights knowing what you are eating.
Original post by QE2
Don't be scared.
*strokes hair*

im still scared fam
Original post by Hydeman
Rational discussion stresses you out and makes you sad. What a surprise.

fam i know @QE2 from 100 different threads, I meant it as banter cos his views always contradict mine
Original post by QE2
Whipping, boiling water and crushing are all illegal practices in the slaughter industry.

I would be interested to see your sources for these claims. It's not the Saw movies, is it?

oh dammit how did you know i get all my sources from movies argh

jk no documentaries, cowspiracy, farm to food
Tbf the guy even says it isn't about money, he just wants a stronger response that these sort of mix-ups won't happen.

Though the contaminated plates thing, really? Wash them lol, do they think all restaurants and factories which produce Halal foods totally replace all the equipment if they make non-halal foodstuffs?

Also I was under the impression that although he doesn't want to eat pork, if he accidentally eats some by biting into it, because he was misled as to its contents, he's not done anything wrong from the point of view of Islam?
Original post by QE2
They are those Islamic websites that contain anything from misrepresentation to outright lies, in an attempt to persuade the faithful and make new converts

If you want to know about livestock slaughter regulations and practices, consult the relevant government departments, RSPCA, academic studies, vets associations, etc.
"Some guy on YouTube" may be the go-to resource for things Islamic, but not in the real world.

You are posting on an open forum. If you make claims that are demonstrably untrue, then expect them to be challenged.
If I really am bothering you that mutch, either do some proper research first, or stick me on your "ignore" list.

1) never heard of those websites
2) the youtuber was not a guy and not a muslim but atheist so yh
3) maybe i might check them out
4) again i meant it as a joke, its just you pop up everywhere i am and i get that its public and im not saying dont reply or challenge them, it was a joke
Original post by sfaraj
fam i know @QE2 from 100 different threads , I meant it as banter cos his views always contradict mine

As do I, 'fam.' You seem to think that he has some special obsession with you; he doesn't. He's a regular in the D&CA forum and takes the time to reply to most if not all of the posts that he disagrees with on any given thread, which may be unusual to you, but he is in no way 'targeting' or 'bashing' or 'following' you, specifically.
Original post by Hydeman
As do I, 'fam.' You seem to think that he has some special obsession with you; he doesn't. He's a regular in the D&CA forum and takes the time to reply to most if not all of the posts that he disagrees with on any given thread, which may be unusual to you, but he is in no way 'targeting' or 'bashing' or 'following' you, specifically.

FAM i didnt say he was obsessed with me, his views are opposite to mine, no idea how i indicated that he was obsessed with me. i know he is a regular, i see him everywhere. the third time today, bit of banter, if he didnt get it then safe man its not that deep. and i did not say he was following me, i said leave me, not in the way "stop finding out where i'm posting" actually more like a "i really cba to continue" leave me
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 156
Most of the people do not bother on what they eat. My point is yes there are people who are vegetarians and people who have their own preference but many people won't care.
Many won't, but many will.

I don't - but only because I know that any halal meat I am likely to encounter, Nando's, KFC, etc, has been pre-stunned. The 15% that is not stunned is almost exclusively destined for the hard-line customers, for private use. Your average kebab shop won't be using it - and stunning is the only issue I have with it. I won't eat kosher meat because none of that is stunned.

Sikhs and Hindus cannot eat meat that has been ritually slaughtered, so it is totally off limits for them. (Interpretations vary on this)
Reply 157
Original post by sfaraj
I meant it as banter cos his views always contradict mine
No they don't.
Any type of animal killing is bad either way doesn't matter how Muslims do it at the end of the day the animals die either way. Please try and not to be disrespectful of my religion.

Some aspects of your religion are worthy of respect, others are not.

Halal slaughter is one of the things which isn't because slitting an animals throat and letting it bleed to death is more cruel than stunning so it is insensate whilst being killed. Although that isn't great either, I accept that. My aunt used to inspect abattoirs as a vet and it turned her into a lifelong vegetarian.

You don't live in a Muslim country so criticism of your methods of slaughter on animal welfare grounds is perfectly acceptable. You are going to have to get used to that, I am afraid.

So if you find criticism of halal slaughter on moral ethical grounds "disrespectful" of your religion that is too bad, sorry. I feel exactly the same way about Kosher food and Judaism, as it goes.

We have moved on from the time the Bible and Koran were written and animal welfare is one of the things these "holy books" written in more primitive epochs don't take account of.

Even Jesus Christ wasn't very nice to the Gadarene Swine...

"And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.

Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked."

Luke 8: 32-33.

You can't get away with that kind of stuff nowadays... :smile:
Reply 159
Original post by sfaraj
FAM i didnt say he was obsessed with me, his views are opposite to mine, no idea how i indicated that he was obsessed with me. i know he is a regular, i see him everywhere. the third time today, bit of banter, if he didnt get it then safe man its not that deep. and i did not say he was following me, i said leave me, not in the way "stop finding out where i'm posting" actually more like a "i really cba to continue" leave me

:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending