The Student Room Group

Bullied by a Teacher

Hi guys,
My brother is being bullied by his form tutor. She's a really nasty lady who ive had as a teacher for the past 5 years. Now my brother has joined year 7 and has her as his form tutor and she is constantly picking on him and humiliating him in front of the class. She tells him off for asking her questions and immitates his voice. He comes home from school crying everyday. I know it may sound pathetic but he's only a year 7 and surely it's the teachers job to support him and stop bullies, not be the bully!

Im not sure what to do about this. My parents dont seem bothered about sorting this out but i feel like i need to do something! What do you think i should do?

Original post by Megz4music
Hi guys,
My brother is being bullied by his form tutor. She's a really nasty lady who ive had as a teacher for the past 5 years. Now my brother has joined year 7 and has her as his form tutor and she is constantly picking on him and humiliating him in front of the class. She tells him off for asking her questions and immitates his voice. He comes home from school crying everyday. I know it may sound pathetic but he's only a year 7 and surely it's the teachers job to support him and stop bullies, not be the bully!

Im not sure what to do about this. My parents dont seem bothered about sorting this out but i feel like i need to do something! What do you think i should do?

i'm no expert but try to talk to his form tutor and stand up to her
Reply 2
Original post by Fruitninja
i'm no expert but try to talk to his form tutor and stand up to her

Good idea! Thank you! :smile: What sort of things do I say tho? I dont want to end up getting myself into trouble!
Reply 3
Good idea! Thank you! :smile: What sort of things do I say tho? I dont want to end up getting myself into trouble!

I'd suggest talking to your headteacher about it, I'm sure they'll have a "talk" themselves with teacher in question.
Don't do anything that could get you into trouble, but definitely make sure that either you or your brother reports it.

you could tell her not to be a prick to your brother. tbh bullying is not nice. if shes one of those teachers who acts like an angel to one person but like a devil to your brother then remind her about that. if she is not being cooperative then you can take this to the senior teachers. hope this helps
Reply 6
Yes it does, thank you very much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest