The Student Room Group

life is easy as a woman

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TaintedLight
I've seen people rave about how you look so I was naturally curious

Gender-wise I can assure you if you had awesome well civilized parents, being a boy is a cake walk in life.

And I speak from experience :biggrin:

I'm a cisgender woman, so I can't speak from experience how well men have it, but as a woman born and raised in the west I can definitely say in no way are we oppressed.

Men are often seen as disposable whereas women are seen as worthy of protection, no matter what they do, which is an absolutely vile mentality which needs to be eliminated from the face of the earth
Original post by stefano865
:lolwut:

thankfully it wasn't in a public place - it was in her bedroom - I was at her house with one of my friends and he was basically in the same room which made things far worse than they needed to be. also, I was 15 and she was I think 16...yeah, so many awful factors were at work.
Original post by super_kawaii
I'm a cisgender woman, so I can't speak from experience how well men have it, but as a woman born and raised in the west I can definitely say in no way are we oppressed.

Men are often seen as disposable whereas women are seen as worthy of protection, no matter what they do, which is an absolutely vile mentality which needs to be eliminated from the face of the earth

here's one girl that understands^
usually when a guy says this he's labelled as a misogynist
Original post by BubbleBoobies
here's one girl that understands^
usually when a guy says this he's labelled as a misogynist

I've been labelled a misogynist many a time unfortunately, usually from so called brainwashed "feminists" who believe periods are a result of the patriarchy. I'd honestly give anything to have periods naturally-women who function normally have no idea how lucky they have it
Original post by Straighthate
-aging is not harsher for women, because most women have no interests apart from clubbing and getting drunk everyweek, of course you will look like dogsh!t

-its not hard for a woman to be deemed attractice, men have very low standards, how often do you see women getting obsessed over a 6/10 man after a 5 minute conversation?
-how are women judged more than men in society? when was the last time you saw a female automechanic, oil rigger, miner, welder?
-as for periods, so? men experience a testosterone crash as they get older, nobody complains about that really
-simply not true, there are many women who dont plan their lives carfeully and have children who turn out fine

If you really think that then you are delusional. :rolleyes:
Reply 25
even a fat 3/10 has hundreds of thirsty, starved men at her behest

all the tough people i have known in my life are men aswell

lay down and rot guys

Do you like mushroom and cream soup?

Spoiler

If you really think that then you are delusional. :rolleyes:

rather than throw an ad hominem, why dont you back up your points with at least a minutiae of logic?

explain to me why women age worse than men...
I'm starting to think he got rejected by a man who was secretly a girl...
Men have it easier no doubt.

- Ageing is much harsher on women.
- More pressure to be attractive.
- Society is far more judgemental of women than of men.
- Periods and childbirth.
- Shorter fertility window means women have to plan their lives more carefully.

:wink:

Ageing's only harsh on women who don't look after themselves, so they only have themselves to blame for looking terrible as they get older
Original post by TaintedLight
I've seen people rave about how you look so I was naturally curious

'Rave' :rofl:

TSRians just like being dramatic :ahee:
Reply 30
Actually most women are fat in the UK
Can we all just agree that we all have our s**it to deal in life, regardless of what we have underneath our pants and stop making petty generalisations?

Can we stop pretending to know the truth about an aspect of life (that happens to be shared with the rest of humanity) based on our own bloody experiences?
Men have it easier no doubt.

- Ageing is much harsher on women.
- More pressure to be attractive.
- Society is far more judgemental of women than of men.
- Periods and childbirth.
- Shorter fertility window means women have to plan their lives more carefully.

I agree with every single one of those except the third one, women are doing all kinds of crazy things and getting supported for it, yet men who do similar things are slammed and on occasion punished by the government.

Can we just say that both gender's lives are made difficult in different ways?

Are women conscripted?
Are women expected to pass the same standard as male fire fighters (for instance)?
Are women expected to be the breadwinner?
Are women given more lenient sentences by judges?
Men have it easier no doubt.- Ageing is much harsher on women.- More pressure to be attractive.- Society is far more judgemental of women than of men.- Periods and childbirth.- Shorter fertility window means women have to plan their lives more carefully.:wink:

lol at your cuck mentality

Original post by LaMandarine
Can we all just agree that we all have our s**it to deal in life, regardless of what we have underneath our pants and stop making petty generalisations?

Can we stop pretending to know the truth about an aspect of life (that happens to be shared with the rest of humanity) based on our own bloody experiences?

Nah, I'm sweet.
rather than throw a sh!tty ad hominem, why dont you back up your points with at least a minutiae of logic?

explain to me why women age worse than men...

I think men have denser collagen than women.
skin plays a HUGE part in aging.

Spoiler

Original post by TercioOfParma
I agree with every single one of those except the third one, women are doing all kinds of crazy things and getting supported for it, yet men who do similar things are slammed and on occasion punished by the government.

Can we just say that both gender's lives are made difficult in different ways?

Are women conscripted?
Are women expected to pass the same standard as male fire fighters (for instance)?
Are women expected to be the breadwinner?
Are women given more lenient sentences by judges?

Good points.

I feel women's lives are placed under more scrutiny. Your appearance, career, the decisions you make.

But we are also more lenient and accommodating of women.

That one balances out I suppose.

Original post by TercioOfParma

it's the lipstick, it's too distracting, men fall for it and they don't even realise.
Good points.I feel women's lives are placed under more scrutiny. Your appearance, career, the decisions you make.But we are also more lenient and accommodating of women.That one balances out I suppose.:wink:
pussy is power
Good points.

I feel women's lives are placed under more scrutiny. Your appearance, career, the decisions you make.

Only weak women let that scrutiny get in the way of what they want to achieve in life
Good points.

Yeah, this whole debate over who is more disadvantaged really irritates me. Just be you and you will go as far as you were intended.
Original post by Espada Null
lol at your cuck mentality

lol at your stupidity. :colonhash:

I don't feel sorry for women.

But this is what I see.

Quick Reply

Latest