The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I can tell you would have been awesome at it. :biggrin:
It requires so much organisation and dedication, a lot of my friends really got into it and enjoyed it but I never really enjoyed it for some reason. :s-smilie:

Idk if I asked you this, but what area(s) of law interests you the most? :colondollar:

Criminal Law looks really interesting and attracted me initially, but I'm getting into Personal Injury and Human Rights Law more now too :yes:
Original post by kennethdcharles
Although I'm not completely on schedule, I must say, I've done quite a lot of work, which I'm happy about. I guess my schedule was a bit too demanding :biggrin: Keep going @Gingerbread101 you seem to be doing really well!!

You've done lots though, which is great - regardless of whether you kept to your schedule :woo:
Original post by She-Ra
@Gingerbread101

I adore all of your revision materials, they are simply beautiful....

Can you post more up? They are so colourful and happy - works of art!

Thank you :awesome: I've posted a picture on every update, check the others out (I have a directory on my OP) :ninja:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Footnotes with coursework have caused issues in my school as well - I had unnecessarily cut down my History coursework to way below the limit as footnotes were included, and when I discovered I had to uncheck the box in the word count section of Word, I had to add it all back in again. And when I told everyone else, they had the exact same issue.

Especially as we were all doing it just before the deadline, it was quite a stressful time!

It's exactly the same for us, it was crazy :afraid:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Criminal Law looks really interesting and attracted me initially, but I'm getting into Personal Injury and Human Rights Law more now too :yes:

I really liked criminal law before and was adamant that it was the area I would like to work in... But something put me off it, and it is such a silly and embarrassing reason. :getmecoat::colondollar:

That's interesting, I've never heard anyone say personal injury before. :tongue:
I really liked criminal law before and was adamant that it was the area I would like to work in... But something put me off it, and it is such a silly and embarrassing reason. :getmecoat::colondollar:

That's interesting, I've never heard anyone say personal injury before. :tongue:

I did my work experience on personal injury so I'm a bit biased :lol:
Update 19/04/2016

Wow it's so sunny today, like it's actually spring!! (added bonus of a spring themed picture at the end...)
Monday:
History: We watched some hilarious videos from the 50s and 60s about women!
Free periods: I didn't do very much in these free periods, I just did some flash card making and testing for my Russia revision.
Language: We annotated some more past paper style sources, and we have to write an essay on them for homework like an exam, but the sources we've been given are completely different types (one is a transcript and one is writing) which doesn't happen in our exam -_-
Literature: We watched some more of All My Sons. I'm thoroughly fed up of this play now, I want to move onto something else!

Today:
Free Period: I wrote an essay in exam conditions for Russia - it took me 35 out of the 45 minutes we would have. I was pretty pleased with it, but we'll see when I get my feedback on Thursday.
History: We did some independent revision, and I made some revision tables on Women.Language: Our teacher wasn't in, so I edited some of my media piece coursework and emailed it to my teacher, and then tested myself on some Literature flash cards for quotes.
Literature: We were going to be writing an essay today but our teacher decided we would plan it today instead and write it on Thursday. However, me and three other people are going to be answering a different exam question to the one we planned today because our teacher wants to challenge us.
Free period: Because it was so sunny, me and some friends went into town and bought ice cream and I shared an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's with someone... No shame...
I'm also planning on getting some revision done for History tonight, as I haven't been very productive in the evenings recently.

General pretty pictures of revision and work!

You asked (@She-Ra :ninja:) and I supplied, here are more pretty study pictures!

Let me know if you have any questions about what any of them are for, and what I used to make them!

Are there any style notes in particular that you want to see?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)
@Gingerbread101 I stared at those pictures for ages. So neat and organised. :daydreaming:
@Gingerbread101 I stared at those pictures for ages. So neat and organised. :daydreaming:

I love it when work turns out like that :love:
I love it when work turns out like that :love:

My work never turns out neat, even - nay, especially - when I try. It never will; but oh well, a girl can dream. :cry2:

How much would you say is a good amount to write for literature btw? I've been practising answers and my last one comprised five paragraphs, I'm not sure what an optimal number of paragraphs to aim for would be, though. :unsure:
My work never turns out neat, even - nay, especially - when I try. It never will; but oh well, a girl can dream. :cry2:

How much would you say is a good amount to write for literature btw? I've been practising answers and my last one comprised five paragraphs, I'm not sure what an optimal number of paragraphs to aim for would be, though. :unsure:

Keep persevering! :h: My revision notes are always way neater than my class notes

I generally write 3 or 4 paragraphs depending on their length :smile: (and then intro and concl)
Keep persevering! :h: My revision notes are always way neater than my class notes

I generally write 3 or 4 paragraphs depending on their length :smile: (and then intro and concl)

I've had to disregard a lot of my notes because they are incomprehensible, I don't really like making notes during class so scribble just to make it look like I'm doing something (terrible, I know :redface:). I'm more of an audial (pfft is this the right word??) learner, I'd be interested to know what type of learner you are? :biggrin:

Oh, thank god, I was afraid that I was not writing enough. :colondollar: Intros are my weak point though, always forget to include one because I leave them until last.
Of course I'm NOT on schedule :rolleyes:

Like, seriously, I'm miles behind
Instead of doing homework I counted pens :mmm:

In my pencil case(s) I have 34, then including the rest of my room I have 142 :rofl:

Really useful thing to do for revision, count your pens :yep:

That's a lot of pens :rofl:
Original post by Black Rose
Really useful thing to do for revision, count your pens :yep:

That's a lot of pens :rofl:

Keeping the maths side of my brain active :mmm:
Keeping the maths side of my brain active :mmm:

Do you miss it? :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose
Do you miss it? :tongue:

Sometimes, I can feel myself getting worse at maths :colondollar:
:awesome: Hi everyone :awesome:

I'm studying A2, and am entering to try and motivate myself to study more to try and do as well as I can to get into University to study Law :biggrin:
Universities:

Durham: Offer for A*AA. :excited:Firmed!

University College London: Offer for A*AA. Declined :redface:

York: Offer for AAA. Insurance :biggrin:

Bristol: Offer for AAA. Declined :redface:

Subjects:

English Language - AQA - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

English Literature - AQA - Mock grade A* - Predicted grade A*

History - OCR - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

General Studies- AQA - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

AS Subjects

English Language - A

English Literature - A

History - B

Maths - A

I'm already quite close to my targets, but I don't want to let that make me complacent! :tongue: You can check out the methods I use to revise HERE, and I'll be updating this blog every few days with my revision, homework, and any test results I get :h: I'm also going to be resitting one of my AS History exams, because I got an E despite continually getting full marks throughout the year :colondollar:

:banana: I hope everyone else achieves their targets :banana:

Post Directory:

Hey there and wow you seem to be really focused and those grades amaze me WOW. I'm currently in Gcse's - what did you get in your gcse ( if you don't mind me asking) :wink: Also how did you revise for English Literature and Sciences
Thank you and good luck
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey there and wow you seem to be really focused and those grades amaze me WOW. I'm currently in Gcse's - what did you get in your gcse ( if you don't mind me asking) :wink: Also how did you revise for English Literature and Sciences
Thank you and good luck

I got 11 A*s and 1 A :redface: I made a big masterpost on revision techniques over here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3904381 and they're pretty much covered in that :smile:
Update 23/04/2016

Sorry for the delay in the update!

Wednesday:
Language: We got the essay back that we wrote last week, and I got 44/48, which I was pretty pleased with!
Literature: More wider reading stuff covered
History: I got some feedback on my coursework and how to edit it for the final draft (due Monday!)
Gen Studs: We did some presentations on different styles of art yay
Free period: I made some more revision notes

Thursday:
History: We did the second to last thing in the topic!
Gen Studs: We got to do independent revision, so I revised Russia
Literature: We wrote an exam response, I think it went ok but not as good as my essay for the mock exam. I need to get back into the style of writing them
Language: We learnt tonnsss of theories which will be great for the exam
Free period: I did another session of revision for Russia with my teacher, and I got an essay back which got 45/50! It was done with no notes and in exam conditions too, so I'm pleased

Friday:
Language: We wrote an exam response and got some feedback on coursework. I don't think it was as good as my last one, because the teacher kept interrupting us...
History: Another essay! I think this one went really well, I'd revised quite a lot for it
Free period: I had a rest after all of the essays haha, and made some more flash cards on Russia
Literature: More wider reading!
Free period: I finished another draft of my English Language media piece and handed it in

Notebooks
IMG_20160421_201750.jpg

I've almost finished a lot of my mini notebooks, which I'm really pleased about because it shows me how much revision I've been doing!

How are you guys?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

@Gingerbread101 what wider reading have you done in literature? :smile:

I struggle with structuring my literature essays (and coursework, which is a struggle at the moment). :redface:
@Gingerbread101 what wider reading have you done in literature? :smile:

I struggle with structuring my literature essays (and coursework, which is a struggle at the moment). :redface:

Poetry

Prose

Drama

:h:
@Gingerbread101
Thank you so much, that is really helpful. You're awesome! :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending