The Student Room Group

Help at getting over her past?

So basically I'm dating a girl. Has been 8 months on 10th April. And like she has a past that simply ruins my mood. She's been lying about her past until it was our 6 month of dating. According to her it's bc she thought she'd lose me, which I believe.

Now the thing is, I just cant get over her past. Like it hurts af. Scars will always remain. But is there a way I can get over her past? :/ We both are extremely committed towards this relationship and want to marry each other.
Reply 1
Accept that what's done is done. Realise that things can be better, and work with her to improve it. Don't try to block out your concerns, just acknowledge them and move on.
How bad is it?
What could be that bad?
Reply 4
Original post by TercioOfParma
What could be that bad?

He doesn't really need to tell you, sorry. Some have histories of abuse, substance, physical, mental or otherwise.
Original post by gregy521
He doesn't really need to tell you, sorry. Some have histories of abuse, substance, physical, mental or otherwise.

Well, there is such a thing as overreacting.
Original post by daddydevil
So basically I'm dating a girl. Has been 8 months on 10th April. And like she has a past that simply ruins my mood. She's been lying about her past until it was our 6 month of dating. According to her it's bc she thought she'd lose me, which I believe.

Now the thing is, I just cant get over her past. Like it hurts af. Scars will always remain. But is there a way I can get over her past? :/ We both are extremely committed towards this relationship and want to marry each other.

go ahead and marry a harlot who was ashamed to disclose her past history to you because she knows its disgusting

would you buy a house on a cliff that had a history of crumbling each year, but the landlord simply brushes it aside and says nothing has happened recently?

lol @ talking about marriage after 8 months

my parents got married after being together for 7 years, they have been married for 25 now
so let that sink in
Reply 7
Honestly speaking, different people from different culture have different acceptance level. I'm a Bangladeshi (Middle Eastern country of Asia) and here making out with others are subjected to sluts. And my girlfriend and I have traveled around the world. She lived in Belgium, Saudi, now living in England. I was born in England, grew up in Thailand. Now in Bangladesh. But our acceptance level aren't that low like the typical Bengali people. But with the past she has, she admits it was slutty and whorish of her to do such. She regrets it.
Reply 8
Original post by Straighthate
go ahead and marry a harlot who was ashamed to disclose her past history to you because she knows its disgusting

would you buy a house on a cliff that had a history of crumbling each year, but the landlord simply brushes it aside and says nothing has happened recently?

lol @ talking about marriage after 8 months

my parents got married after being together for 7 years, they have been married for 25 now
so let that sink in

kudos to you for your thinking. I respect that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending