The Student Room Group

100 UMS in C1/C2

Scroll to see replies

You've done enough past papers/Solomon papers when you're consistently hitting the mark you desire.

Consistency isn't 5 or 6 in a row, it can just be 2 or 3.

I vary a lot but that's because I don't check my answers as I'm very impatient and so I start marking once I've attempted every question. Probably should start checking them...

And you should NEVER attempt another past paper until you've fixed your mistakes. As you're essentially annulling the time spent one that past paper if you don't work out where you went wrong and don't build up from it.

I like to think of that picture showing two graphs of success. One which is a straight line from the beginning and the other a scribble with a straight bit at the end. Doing past papers is the latter.
Reply 81
Original post by Student403
Exactly - there are many people who do exams a) without moving on from a question until they're finished it or b) who really get affected by mood and progress in an exam.

Obviously neither is ideal but it happens and it lets these people suffer :frown:

If it didn't necessarily affect my grade in the end, I would've been devastated after the exam and the wait leading up to the results day... Like the unit 1 Physics and FP1 last year, I got what I wanted in the end but oh man the wait was not healthy :lol:
Original post by C0balt
If it didn't necessarily affect my grade in the end, I would've been devastated after the exam and the wait leading up to the results day... Like the unit 1 Physics and FP1 last year, I got what I wanted in the end but oh man the wait was not healthy :lol:

Yep I hate those :/
Original post by NNB_Herath
I can get 110 out of 125 in C12....but i am trying to get 125/125 ....so need more practice....
Also.. i do 11 units this MAY :smile:

#FullUMSGoalz GL m9! :biggrin:
I need a HELP for EDEXCEL BIOLOGY UNIT 3 IAL :frown: :frown: (any advice is welcome)
Also, help needed in Physics IAL UNITS 1,2,3..................mainly bio help needed :smile:
Smoke weed
HELP !!

Edit : This was taken from C1 May 2013 (R)
(edited 8 years ago)
HELP !!

Make a substitution to turn it into a quadratic
Hi, does anyone know which other exam board's maths specification is most similar to AQAs? I'm doing C3/4/S2 at the moment and I thought that this might be a bit quicker than going through them all individually. Thanks.
Original post by samb1234
Make a substitution to turn it into a quadratic

Can you show the method
Can you show the method

Not really no. Just use the substitution u=x^1/2 and then its just a normal quadratic in u, then once you have the solutions for u just equate them to root x
Original post by samb1234
Not really no. Just use the substitution u=x^1/2 and then its just a normal quadratic in u, then once you have the solutions for u just equate them to root x

I don't understand you...
So can you please Post a working
Reply 92
HELP !!

Please create a new thread if you have a maths question.
Original post by notnek
Please create a new thread if you have a maths question.

This is a MATH thread right?
From someone who got 100 UMS in C1 C2 S1 and FP1, as long as you've listened in your lessons, doing past papers should be enough to boss the exams. When you mark them, ensure you understand where and why you went wrong and do it again so you won't get it wrong in the future :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need a HELP for EDEXCEL BIOLOGY UNIT 3 IAL :frown: :frown: (any advice is welcome)
Also, help needed in Physics IAL UNITS 1,2,3..................mainly bio help needed :smile:

Advisable to post a thread individually in the respective sub forums... What help do you need in physics doe? :smile:
Original post by Laurenk18
From someone who got 100 UMS in C1 C2 S1 and FP1, as long as you've listened in your lessons, doing past papers should be enough to boss the exams. When you mark them, ensure you understand where and why you went wrong and do it again so you won't get it wrong in the future :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waow 100 UMS and the 100th post of this thread... *o*
Original post by Imperion
Waow 100 UMS and the 100th post of this thread... *o*

you are not the 100th :smile:
you are 102nd lol
you are 102nd lol

You are not the 102nd, you're 103rd :tongue: