The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Chances of getting on campus accommodation?

What are the chances of getting on campus accommodation such as crown place and vine court?
I applied around 3 weeks ago, is this early enough to be confident of getting the ones I prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SlimShady96
What are the chances of getting on campus accommodation such as crown place and vine court?
I applied around 3 weeks ago, is this early enough to be confident of getting the ones I prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it must depend on the year, but I know people who applied in October . . . Also people on gap years already have accommodation offers and a lot of them seem to be in Crown Place/Vine Court. Did you put down another hall just in case? And what course are you doing? I'm going to Liverpool, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Edminzodo
I think it must depend on the year, but I know people who applied in October . . . Also people on gap years already have accommodation offers and a lot of them seem to be in Crown Place/Vine Court. Did you put down another hall just in case? And what course are you doing? I'm going to Liverpool, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
nah I didn't, I was looking at Melville grove but ended just putting crown place twice, what did you choose? And I'm going to be studying business economics, wbu?
nah I didn't, I was looking at Melville grove but ended just putting crown place twice, what did you choose? And I'm going to be studying business economics, wbu?

Then there's a chance that you may get none of the ones you applied to . . . Hopefully you got in early enough, though. And I applied to the complete opposites - Greenbank, McNair and Salisbury! Nice subject, I'm doing Egyptology with Chinese. What A-Levels are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You applied to happy, social halls Edminzodo!
Original post by LemonGingerTea
You applied to happy, social halls Edminzodo!

Thanks! Will I be all right if I don't party that much, though? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks! Will I be all right if I don't party that much, though? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, it depends on what the rest of your corridor is like though. If you hate it its always possible to switch rooms, I have a couple of friends who switched because they didn't get on very well with their flatmates. I think the halls you've applied to are the nicest off campus ones :smile:
Reply 7

I don't know if they have changed it but in previous years they didn't allocate rooms for people with conditional offers until all the results had come out and when you applied didn't make a difference. There are lots of rooms in those two so you do stand a good chance but you may well end up off campus in one you didn't list if you didn't put a third down.
Hi there,
We prioritise the allocation of rooms to students in the following order:

Students who accept an unconditional "Firm" offer and are not result dependent (UF)

Students who put us as their “Firm” (1st) choice who will receive their examination results in August (CF)

Students who have University of Liverpool as their “Insurance” (2nd) choice (CI)

Students who come to the University through “Clearing” (CL)

You can find further information about this on our accommodation webpages.

If you have any further enquiries, then please feel free to contact our Accommodation Office who will be more than happy to help with any questions you have!

Best wishes,
Sophie
Reply 9
Then there's a chance that you may get none of the ones you applied to . . . Hopefully you got in early enough, though. And I applied to the complete opposites - Greenbank, McNair and Salisbury! Nice subject, I'm doing Egyptology with Chinese. What A-Levels are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow your subjects interesting, and I'm doing History, Politics and Russian, as well a an AS in financial studies.
Original post by Tenrec
I don't know if they have changed it but in previous years they didn't allocate rooms for people with conditional offers until all the results had come out and when you applied didn't make a difference. There are lots of rooms in those two so you do stand a good chance but you may well end up off campus in one you didn't list if you didn't put a third down.
Just hope I do, I want to be close to the uni and not have to travel, I was thinking of putting a third down that is off campus but I thought that it may even backfire as that way they may think I don't mind going there.

I just thought if I end up off campus then at least I did everything possible, and it will be like a 4th choice anyway as I know I will have a good time there.
Original post by willow95
Hi! I'm a first year in Melville. I applied in early February last year after having put Crown as first and Melville as second and third. The day they released room allocations was madness, i didn't find out till 5 because the site was so busy! I was worried though cause on the Facebook pages people who had already found out were complaining as they were getting completely different accommodation to which they applied for - luckily i was offered Melville first time around so i was happy. I don't think the time you apply really has that great an effect, i know people that applied after me and got their first choice. Honestly i wouldn't worry though, there are so many people i know that rang up and were able to be swapped to different accommodation - if you get given an offer that you aren't happy with there is bound to be someone that would love to have it! So if you really aren't happy with what you are given just ring up and i'm sure they'll be able to sort you out! :smile:
Yeah I get ya thanks! Just out of interest how is Melville? In terms or comfort and social life?
With the benefit of hindsight I'd look into private halls as the uni ones are pricey to say the least and they have hiked up the prices in the past year. (Done underhandedly I might add and under SU protest when they eventually managed to find out)
Original post by bluepennant
With the benefit of hindsight I'd look into private halls as the uni ones are pricey to say the least and they have hiked up the prices in the past year. (Done underhandedly I might add and under SU protest when they eventually managed to find out)
Gone up by how much?
I just kinda feel like I need to be in uni halls for the first year just to meet people and get the whole experience.
Quite a few pounds a week last year not sure what it is this year. Private halls are essentially the same experience and the one that JMU students seem happy enough with and for a better price.
Original post by bluepennant
Quite a few pounds a week last year not sure what it is this year. Private halls are essentially the same experience and the one that JMU students seem happy enough with and for a better price.
Well that's the thing, I don't want to be JMU students at least for my first year, but with people experiencing the exact same thing as me. Well they upped the price because they know people are going to pay, which makes sense as the on campus accommodation is very oversibscribed.
Uhh they upped off campus as well. It's up to you at the end of the day but I wouldn't pay out that much again it nearly made me drop out of my first year and that was on the cheapest accommodation they had.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending