The Student Room Group

University Student kicked off plane for speaking Arabic

Scroll to see replies

urghhhhhhhhhhhh
Original post by toronto353
This isn't Islamophobia at all - someone raised concerns about what they heard and those concerns were acted upon. I very much think that it's right to have a better safe than sorry approach in these instances and the airline can't win can it - if it hadn't acted and something had happened, then they would have been blame, but when they act and it turns out to be innocent, then they're accused of Islamophobia.

So, you're suggesting that we should search everyone that speak Arabic on the plane? :facepalm:What if there's a terrorist that speaks Polish ,for example? Should we start searching all the Poles too? :erm:
(edited 8 years ago)
Never ceases to amaze me how ******ed the supposedly more "serious" parts of this site are.
One day the US will figure out how to weaponise autism, and TSR's religious/news section will be credited smh
Reply 23
Original post by ForgetMe
So, you're suggesting that we should search everyone that speak Arabic on the plane? :facepalm:What if there's a terrorist that speaks Polish ,for example? Should we start searching all the Poles too? :erm:

Are you saying no one should be searched getting onto planes?
Damn. Now I wonder if it'll be cool for someone to call the police when they see a lone white man entering a school or a cinema :smile::smile:
Original post by joecphillips
Are you saying no one should be searched getting onto planes?

Where did I say that?
Reply 26
Where did I say that?

In the exact same place the person you quoted said we search everyone speaking Arabic on the plane.
In the exact same place the person you quoted said we search everyone speaking Arabic on the plane.

Assuming the Arabic speaking guy was already on the plane, so he already went through the checks and just because he spoke Arabic, doesn't mean he needs to be checked again.
Reply 28
Assuming the Arabic speaking guy was already on the plane, so he already went through the checks and just because he spoke Arabic, doesn't mean he needs to be checked again.

So if someone sees something they view as suspicious they should ignore it or should security who have had reports of what someone sees as suspicious behaviour just ignore it?
lol what a bimbo
So if someone sees something they view as suspicious they should ignore it or should security who have had reports of what someone sees as suspicious behaviour just ignore it?

How does saying a word suspicious?
This is really terrible.

But I can't deny that it makes me feel safer to hear they are this cautious.
Reply 32
How does saying a word suspicious?

'causing one to have the idea or impression that someone or something is questionable, dishonest, or dangerous.A
If it was a case of my life and that of hundreds of others I would want the ideas of what is suspicious to be as open as possible
'causing one to have the idea or impression that someone or something is questionable, dishonest, or dangerous.A
If it was a case of my life and that of hundreds of others I would want the ideas of what is suspicious to be as open as possible

What if I find everyone in the airport suspicious, should they all be checked? Especially if I'm in an airport such as Heathrow with loads of people..
Reply 34
Americans lol I expect this kind of stupidity from them
Reply 35
Original post by neal95
would you have taken the chance and rather have 250 people blown out of the sky???

Thats correct, lets also ban all white right wingers from cinemas, or schools. Would you take the chance and rather have 2500 people shot out of the sky???
Oh dear. Hope he got some compensation...

Though he probably didn't knowing how these things end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
What if I find everyone in the airport suspicious, should they all be checked? Especially if I'm in an airport such as Heathrow with loads of people..

When I say as wide as possible that implies that there are obviously some restrictions and if someone has reported a load of people should still be checked but at not as vigorously as a individual as it is less likely to be credible.

If someone reports everyone in Heathrow as suspicious then I think they need medical help rather than a holiday.
Reply 38
Original post by Mentally
Thats correct, lets also ban all white right wingers from cinemas, or schools. Would you take the chance and rather have 2500 people shot out of the sky???

There is a big difference between a report of suspicious behaviour being investigated and banning a group of people from something.

Where has anyone suggested banning anyone who speaks Arabic from flying?
Reply 39
Original post by KingBradly

But I can't deny that it makes me feel safer to hear they are this cautious.

Could there be such a thing as too catious considering the probabilities? If we look at the numbers in America you're more likely to be killed by a toddler with a gun, chocking or even a cow than a terrorist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending