The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mimiszz
Anyone here is still a conditional offer holder? Is there's a chance for a conditional offer holder getting this award?

academic merit and home country benefits and reference are yardstick for nomination BUT BUT BUT believe in God and yourself and pray to whatever you believe in. Only God makes the unqualified qualified.
Original post by Greenfish16
Have you been finally nominated by Keele?

Aside bedforeshire in this forum, am I the only applicant for nottingham and leceister?
Aside bedforeshire in this forum, am I the only applicant for nottingham and leceister?
Are references really used as a criterion for selection??If so why is there no deadline for references??
Original post by tanyarmk
Are references really used as a criterion for selection??If so why is there no deadline for references??

Actually I know of a guy who got the scholarship having only submitted one reference. Before GOD makes the unqualified qualified the unqualified need to ensure they have done their best and nothing but their BEST and that boils down to sealing all those loopholes in your application.(on a light note though)

I wish you all success as we keep on waiting for the final selection. How many nominations did Strathclyde have by the way?
Any other nominee for Leeds?? What of Bath?
This waiting is just too much..
Reply 326
Can any applicant who applied to Sheffield Hallam University update me if his /her agency input page have been completed by Sheffield Hallam University. I'm quite worried about mine hasn't been completed by nominated agency
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ukashat
Can any applicant who applied to Sheffield Hallam University update me if his /her agency input page have been completed by Sheffield Hallam University. I'm quite worried about mine hasn't been completed by nominated agency

Same here bro. I believe we should be hearing from them by the beginning of next month..Hopefully.

Which course did you apply for?
Reply 328
Original post by Mustapha_
Any nominees from Bath or Sheffield Hallam?

@Mustapha, has your agency input page completed by Sheffield Hallam University? I'm worried about mine because isn't still up till now. Despite being stated that it is with my nominating agency.
Original post by Ukashat
@Mustapha, has your agency input page completed by Sheffield Hallam University? I'm worried about mine because isn't still up till now. Despite being stated that it is with my nominating agency.

Mine too has not been completed. Let keep on waiting. We will get there 'usijali' (Don't worry in Kiswahili)
Reply 330
On the contrary , it should be a problem. The CSC only awards scholarship for Unconditional offer holders. You should try to send those remaining documents asap. And success in your en-devours.

@Mustapha what had you applied to study at Strathclyde
Reply 331
Any nominees from Bath or Sheffield
@Mustapha, i applied to Msc Advanced Mechanical engineering and u?
Also waiting guys.Applied to Beds,Sheffield Hallam,Leeds Beckett,Aberdeen,LJMU,Anglia Ruskin.Not very hopeful though cause I have a 2:1 plus I am from Zimbabwe which is not even a Commonwealth country but the CSC offers awards to Zimbabweans just to strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations.
any Greenwich hopeful pls if D s watsup wit Greenwich
[QUOTE="Ukashat;64276053"]
Any nominees from Bath or Sheffield
@Mustapha, i applied to Msc Advanced Mechanical engineering and u?

Applied Economics at Strathclyde.
Modern Applications of mathematics - Bath
Urban Planning - Sheffilied Hallam
Reply 335
[QUOTE="Mustapha_;64276143"]
Original post by Ukashat

Applied Economics at Strathclyde.
Modern Applications of mathematics - Bath
Urban Planning - Sheffilied Hallam

I also applied for applied Economics at Strathclyde.It seems you got considered and I was left out.Congrats bro.
Reply 336
I have gotten an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University but still yet to see any nomination from them regarding the CSSS.Anyone who applied to Sheffield Hallam University here? Please talk to me.
Original post by Ukashat
I have gotten an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University but still yet to see any nomination from them regarding the CSSS.Anyone who applied to Sheffield Hallam University here? Please talk to me.

I also have an unconditional offer for Msc Public Health but still to hear from them concerning the Shared Scholarship.My application is still with them and the agency input section is still blank.I havent received a regret email neither .
I have applied to Bath but no update yet!!
Any nominees from Bath or Sheffield Hallam?
I bliv all dis post is just keepin us in a confused state lets wait tiil 5 minutes after deadline of 29 April nd confirm it all. U neva can tell coz I knw of smone dat got D regret mail nd In june was mailed dat funding has been made available via commonwealth. so I bliv any one can b nominated at any time. D CSC has to confirm all nominations again so fingers crossed

Quick Reply