The Student Room Group

What do you look for in a significant other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
Love the one thing you bolded :rofl:

Priorities huh! :mmm:

Its important, I wouldn't want to be the only one with that trait in a relationship :mmm:
Reply 41
Original post by IFoundWonderland
He has to exist somewhere :bawling:

You pretty much described Zac Efron lol
Reply 42
My ideal female partner, based on experiences and what I liked/didn't like

Personality:
- To not be selfish. Happy to do things without being asked multiple times.
- Ambitious. Must be motivated to do something in life.
- Intelligent. I like to have decent conversations about latest news.
- Loyal
- Outgoing. Someone who can keep a conversation going rather than killing it slowly.
- Likes cute things. I'm a sucker for girly girls.
- A willingness to cook is more important than the ability level itself
- Someone who looks out for you
- Honest
- Laid back
- Decent sex drive (I've been there where I was emotionally in love but the physical side was lacking)

Looks:
- Shorter than me. (I'm 5'10)
- Green eyes a plus
- Asian a plus
- Natural boobs, no bigger than C
- Looks good without makeup (seeing as you'd have to live with this person)
- Long hair
- Decent fashion sense
- Decent with makeup (Seen too many that are just awful and end up looking better without)
(edited 8 years ago)
Ideal:
Good-looking. I generally don't have a 'type' but black/dark hair combined with tan to light brown skin looks especially good to me.
Small waist, great thighs/legs/bum.
Massive rack.
Good company (includes being a good person, not being boring etc.)
Any height 5'+ as long as she's not stumpy or gangly-looking.
Supports Arsenal.

I could go on (left out the more inappropriate preferences) but this is a stupid exercise in mental masturbation.
First and foremost they must have breasts.
Original post by carrotstar
Cuddly is very important to me, as is height. My Dad is 6'2" so I'd ideally want the man of my house to be a similar build. Personality-wise, I don't care so much about masculinity, strength and "knight in shining armour" kind of qualities because there's no need for it in modern society. However, I'd be concerned if he spent as much time in front of the mirror as me! He would be a balance between confident but not cocky. He woulod be able to make me laugh, and we would have some things in common to talk about.

I'm basically describing my boyfriend of 1.5 years here :colondollar:

don't you think he is too young haha
Reply 46
Funny and a willingness to be silly. Even or maybe especially when that silliness is something only I get to see.

Confidence. It's okay to have insecurities because everyone has them but overall a good sense of self and the ability to command oneself/others.

Sometimes I think I want someone with ambition but then I think, I'm really ambitious and maybe one of us needs to hold the fort whilst the other is conquering the world.

Handsome, obviously. Tall and sturdy enough to make me feel safe.

Considerate - when he moves to walk between you and a perceived threat, when he knows you're having a poop day and tells you how amazing you are and that it will all be worth it 😍

Intelligence - if that's not there I'm immediately switched off.
I'm hardly competition. I'm too bat sh*t crazy for anyone to put up with :moon:

We'll find them one day though. How old are you? I'm over halfway through my engagement decade and I'm empty handed :sad:

As am I :lol:

I'm 19 but because I'm asian, a few more years and I'll be past me sell-by date :cry2:
Original post by Biryani007
As am I :lol:

I'm 19 but because I'm asian, a few more years and I'll be past me sell-by date :cry2:

Oh really, so if I was Asian would I be long gone by now!?!

Wow, maybe that would be better, it would have encouraged me to actually sort my life out rather than being closer to 30 and still being not even close to a stable relationship let alone marriage :lol:

Do you have to get with an Asian boy ?
Booty.
Original post by dairychocolate
Ideal:
Good-looking. I generally don't have a 'type' but black/dark hair combined with tan to light brown skin looks especially good to me.
Small waist, great thighs/legs/bum.
Massive rack.
Good company (includes being a good person, not being boring etc.)
Any height 5'+ as long as she's not stumpy or gangly-looking.
Supports Arsenal.

I could go on (left out the more inappropriate preferences) but this is a stupid exercise in mental masturbation.

I'm basically your description apart from I support Man United :rofl:

There's the rub :mmm:
In all seriousness, I don't 'look' for attributes in a significant other like some sort of checklist. They could have all the qualities I look for but still just not be quite right for me.

When I know, I'll know. Till then will just continue having fun of all personality types/looks.

Ps if you are tall then idc just marry me
(edited 8 years ago)
Sweet, kind, doesn't smoke or do drugs, tries to understand my mental health problems, loves snuggling, loves animals (or is willing to accept how much I do).
Oh really, so if I was Asian would I be long gone by now!?!

Wow, maybe that would be better, it would have encouraged me to actually sort my life out rather than being closer to 30 and still being not even close to a stable relationship let alone marriage :lol:

Do you have to get with an Asian boy ?

How old are you exactly? Max age is around 25...if you hit 26 everyone around you gives up hope :lol:

Haha for some it doesn't happen though, my friend has a sister who's around 30 and not married...things are changing now to be honest..

Yeah, I'm not too fussed though as I find darker features more attractive anyway...finding an asian guy with green eyes may be slightly hard though :lol:
Looks:

Don't have a type, but green eyes and boy cuts et al. are turn offs
Not flat chested but not Amy Anderssen
Not fat, curves are fine but emphasis on the "s", plural, body can't be one giant circle kmt.
Shorter than me but not enough that she gets ID'd for 12A films at the cinema smh
Cute features I guess

Personality:

Funny, this is a must. Would like someone with the same autistic humour as me, so someone who can take a joke as well
Kind and empathetic obviously
Can carry a conversation well or at least shows interest in things we don't share mutually
A bit more introverted, like me
Ideal for me:
Understands my condition
Patient
Attractive
Moderate/high sex drive
Similar tastes, similar personalities
Not too extroverted with not too much of a social circle, would be too overwhelming for me
Affectionate

Everything else is a bonus
Original post by somemightsay888
Looks:

Don't have a type, but green eyes and boy cuts et al. are turn offs
Not flat chested but not Amy Anderssen
Not fat, curves are fine but emphasis on the "s", plural, body can't be one giant circle kmt.
Shorter than me but not enough that she gets ID'd for 12A films at the cinema smh
Cute features I guess

Personality:

Funny, this is a must. Would like someone with the same autistic humour as me, so someone who can take a joke as well
Kind and empathetic obviously
Can carry a conversation well or at least shows interest in things we don't share mutually
A bit more introverted, like me

PM me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
How old are you exactly? Max age is around 25...if you hit 26 everyone around you gives up hope :lol:

Haha for some it doesn't happen though, my friend has a sister who's around 30 and not married...things are changing now to be honest..

Yeah, I'm not too fussed though as I find darker features more attractive anyway...finding an asian guy with green eyes may be slightly hard though :lol:

I've hit that milestone you mention where everyone gives up hope :cry2: I KNEW my life was over, it just hadn't been confirmed yet.

So is there something wrong with your friend's sister or is it personal choice?

Omgggg though like asian or dark skinned guys with light eyes = :coma: There was a Greek guy I went to uni with who had piercing blue eyes. Can't actually remember anything he said to me cause was so mesmerised.

But I mean are you restricted by family to only go for Asian guys or are you allowed to do what you want?
PM me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looool smh :facepalm:
Reply 59

My dad and my two brothers have green eyes... :biggrin:

Just saying :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending