The Student Room Group

Muslim prison chaplains 'encouraging murder of non-believers'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/muslim-prison-chaplains-encouraging-murder-of-non-believers-a6990441.html

EDIT: To those of you complaining about this news article making Muslims look bad, please be aware this forum is called "News and Current Affairs". If you do not want to come here and see news articles, please use a different forum, and don't use threads such as this to complain that affairs or events are being reported, simply because they don't suit your agenda.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Unacceptable
(edited 7 years ago)
Maybe muslim prison chaplains should be replaced with plants or actors, who will preach a sanitised version of islam. This could be used to not only minimise the chances of prisoners being led to extremism, and it could also plant seeds to turn around their possibly dormant extreme thoughts.
This has been know about for a while

The Imam the government put in charge or recruiting was an extremest who is currently suspended I believe and under investigation
Original post by 雷尼克
Give it a rest, you've already proven that you're going to shy away from reason when presented with an opposing argument. So quit this anti-Islam / anti-Muslim propaganda. You're pretty much just provoking the decent Muslims who aren't involved in any of this.

What is the opposing argument to this then?
Reply 5
Original post by 雷尼克
Give it a rest, you've already proven that you're going to shy away from reason when presented with an opposing argument. So quit this anti-Islam / anti-Muslim propaganda. You're pretty much just provoking the decent Muslims who aren't involved in any of this.

People have a right to be concerned. If people get "provoked" by genuine concern then they are part of the problem.
Original post by 雷尼克
This isn't concern though, its an influx of non-stop hatred towards Islam / Muslims. Spamming news articles about the words of one Muslim and various other incidents is doing nothing whatsoever to help the situation.

Who are you to decide what people find concerning?

I personally find the issues of Imam's in UK prisons teaching know criminals and terrorists an extremist form of Islam to be VERY worrying
Original post by 雷尼克
Yes that's a valid concern but the vast majority of western Muslims are not associated with this threat

So?

Not a single person has made that claim on this thread

So your are simply trying to shut down a conversation you don't like for reasons only you have

Now that is concerning
Reply 8
Original post by 雷尼克
Yes that's a valid concern but the vast majority of western Muslims are not associated with this threat

Until the call for jihad is made then see how quick that turns around
Original post by pizzlam
Until the call for jihad is made then see how quick that turns around

The call has been made many times and quite evidently it has been ignored by 1.6 billion Muslims
Original post by 雷尼克
I'm denouncing this thread for pointlessly contributing to the influx of hatred targeting Muslims and Islam

So you accept it's a valid concern but still don't want people to talk about it

That alone does more to raise alarm in most people as it seems you don't want people to talk about the issue but would rather they be buried and not discussed
Reply 11
Original post by 雷尼克
The call has been made many times and quite evidently it has been ignored by 1.6 billion Muslims

That is because externally they are no threat, they can declare jihad if they wanted to from outside our country, however it rain down Nukes if they did.
Original post by 雷尼克
Wrong, I'm saying it's not helping the situation whatsoever to relentlessly point out that extremist Muslims exist. We all know that, and the constant spam of articles reminding us is scaring us into hating Islam or Muslims.

I'm far more concerned about right wing groups like Britain first than the odd extremist Muslim dotted around the uk

I think until the Muslim community have countered the extremists in their midst it is only right that the issue be highlighted constantly and all of these issues should be on main stream news day in day out until the issue has been resolved

You may think teaching terrorists in UK prisons to hate by Imams who should know better is a non-issue as you can see the majority don't.

But FYI nothing wrong at all with hating Islam as for most people it is a turd of a faith and we are lucky we still are free to make up our own minds about issues like this.
Original post by BaconandSauce
I think until the Muslim community have countered the extremists in their midst it is only right that the issue be highlighted constantly and all of these issues should be on main stream news day in day out until the issue has been resolved

You may think teaching terrorists in UK prisons to hate by Imams who should know better is a non-issue as you can see the majority don't.

But FYI nothing wrong at all with hating Islam as for most people it is a turd of a faith and we are lucky we still are free to make up our own minds about issues like this.

Constantly, aggressively highlighting the existence of extreme Muslims raises hatred towards Muslims and Islam, and gives rise to groups like Britain First.

Hating on Islam and Muslims causes some Muslims to hate the west back for their apparent intolerant views.

Muslims hating the west is the first step towards radicalisation.

These Muslims then go off and become radicalised.

And then the cycle keeps on repeating and repeating forever.

This is a cycle, and it needs to be broken. Constantly pointing out extremist Muslims does nothing whatsoever to counter this.

I could bring up Britain First as extremist Christians, and the thousands of other racist, xenophobic groups out there which exist. Christian extremists and Muslim extremists exist. There's no point in constantly spamming what we already know when evidently all it will do is raise hatred towards Islam and thereby cause more radicalisations in itself.
Original post by 雷尼克
Constantly, aggressively highlighting the existence of extreme Muslims raises hatred towards Muslims and Islam, and gives rise to groups like Britain First.

Hating on Islam and Muslims causes some Muslims to hate the west back for their apparent intolerant views.

This is a cycle, and it needs to be broken. Constantly pointing out extremist Muslims does nothing whatsoever to counter this.

I could bring up Britain First as extremist Christians, and the thousands of other racist, xenophobic groups out there which exist. Christian extremists and Muslim extremists exist. There's no point in constantly spamming what we already know when evidently all it will do is raise hatred towards Islam and thereby cause more radicalisations in itself.

Yes it does need to be broken but denying it's an issue or refusing to talk about it will not stop the cycle

Cause and effect yet it seems you are only concerned with the effect not the actual cause of the issue (extremist Muslims and Islam)

You could bring up a lot of things but this would be nothing but whataboutery

But as I said nothing wrong with hating Islam
Reply 15
Original post by 雷尼克

Britain first hasn't blown up anyone yet have they? Its called freedom of speech.

Muhammadism teaches Muslims to be clones of Muhammad who was quite schizoid about his religious beliefs re the use of religious terrorism to force belief. On one hand he claims his religion has no coercion to it yet it's easy to find the verses that counter that with just about the most heavy coercion to believe in any Abrahamic religion as Muhammad goes out of his way to describe the torments Allah has waiting for those who disobey Allah's commands.

But trying to debate rationally with a Muhammadan clone is impossible and only this should be asked of each and every Muslim a non-Muslim encounters: Which is most important to humanity? The Quran or Freedom and Human Rights? Their answer or shall we say their evasion of answering this question tells us everything we need to know about Muhammad's Islam: it is a danger to every human being who treasures human rights & freedom.
Original post by 雷尼克

If you don't like something that's actually happening in the world right now and it happens to involve your religion, get off the thread.

Simples.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Yes it does need to be broken but denying it's an issue or refusing to talk about it will not stop the cycle

Cause and effect yet it seems you are only concerned with the effect not the actual cause of the issue (extremist Muslims and Islam)

You could bring up a lot of things but this would be nothing but whataboutery

But as I said nothing wrong with hating Islam

I am not talking about denying that an issue exists, I am pointing out that the massive influx of anti-Islam / anti-Muslim articles is a part of the problem.
Original post by 雷尼克
I am not talking about denying that an issue exists, I am pointing out that the massive influx of anti-Islam / anti-Muslim articles is a part of the problem.

and I'm saying the problems are being caused by some Muslims not by the reporting of the issues

If these issues didn't exist they wouldn't get reported
Original post by 雷尼克
This isn't concern though, its an influx of non-stop hatred towards Islam / Muslims. Spamming news articles about the words of one Muslim and various other incidents is doing nothing whatsoever to help the situation.

It is nowhere near the uproar caused by muslims when cartoonists decide to draw. Why the double standard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending