The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey. I'm a university student, struggling with growing up/handling life right now. I'm hoping I can get good advice here when I need it.
Reply 621
hello
i am an o levels student
i happen to come across TSR while searching for a study schedule to help me organize my time
as my igcse papers are drawing near
Im new joined today ...got many questions about uni as i will be applying in a few months time i think...
Original post by nadiyah123
Hi

I joined yesterday and I would like advice on how to revise my gcse maths and any study tips which could help. I am struggling on how to revise and i would like to pass my exams because next year exams will be much harder. :frown::frown:

Hi! I'm doing my GCSE's at the moment too! Do you have the CGP revision guides? Currently for each maths session, I do 10 pages of CGP revision guide questions. I also use mats past papers (online or your teachers may have given you some), Corbett maths which is good for short bursts of revision. Another good technique is using maths apps, good for quick fire questions for remebrance and maths DVDs/videos if you're more of an audio/ visual learner, and if not (like me!) they help loads anyway!
Hi I joined becuase I need help with my GCSE sciences and I thought I would also take part in some healthy debates while I'm at it.
Original post by Meteora636
I joined for multiple reasons. I have a strong desire to learn, I find it easier to get along with people from across the pond than people that are geographically closer to me, and I need something to relax with while I study with my other laptop. I've always been a big forum user, but the ridiculousness of other forums drove me away. I figure this one would probably be better suited for me. And it seems to come with many good educational resources, which is nice.

Nice one!! You'll easily find you relax (possibly too much) here :tongue: Welcome to :tsr:
Greetings civilized humans. It will be natural for me to introduce myself. A realist and Conspiracy theorist. Enjoys a good classical movie and the enhancing of one's own knowledge. Let's all get along well.
Original post by Captain Jack
Hiya,

Thought I'd just see who had joined today :smile: And to say hello, I work in TSR's community team.

What brought you here today?!

Jack

Hello ! Everybody...
Original post by balajisahu
Hello ! Everybody...

Bonjour!
Hey,

I used to be a member of thestudentroom when I was at School but have set up a new account.

I'm a history graduate from the University of Manchester (graduated 2011), and am currently applying to study the MA Victorian Studies programme at Birkbeck University from September 2016.
Hello, I joined here to connect with the forum members. It seems a lively one with many comments and posts
Original post by sengupta
Hello, I joined here to connect with the forum members. It seems a lively one with many comments and posts

Yup, definitely lots and lots of posts and comments :biggrin:
Hi all, I'm 45. Doing an access module through The Open University, as I felt they offered the flexibility I needed, as I also work full-time. Very interested in early childhood education, or something along those lines. Interested in childhood literacy, but not at all interested in teaching. My elder son in first year at Uni, younger son in Year 10. Finding my new educational venture daunting, yet exciting.
Hey I joined today!

Does anyone know how would I get 6 marks for this d question for wjec religious studies spec B paper 1:

Explain from 2 religions the teachings about divorce and separation.

The religions I'm doing are Christianity and Islam, I just need help knowing what to include and how many points and quotes etc

Thank you xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jessleechy
Hey I joined today!

Does anyone know how would I get 6 marks for this d question for wjec religious studies spec B paper 1:

Explain from 2 religions the teachings about divorce and separation.

The religions I'm doing are Christianity and Islam, I just need help knowing what to include and how many points and quotes etc

Thank you xx

Heyo! Welcome to TSR!!

You might want to create a thread in the Philosophy, religious studies and theology study help forum!
Hi all!

I've just joined after finally applying to college to do something I WANT to do. My aim is to become a social worker but I have a long way to go (I'm 28, hoping to start the relevant college course this year with goal of going to uni when the time comes).

I'm quite excited and thought joining will hopefully help with any questions I may have!
Original post by kellyb88
Hi all!

I've just joined after finally applying to college to do something I WANT to do. My aim is to become a social worker but I have a long way to go (I'm 28, hoping to start the relevant college course this year with goal of going to uni when the time comes).

I'm quite excited and thought joining will hopefully help with any questions I may have!

Nice one!!! Enjoy TSR and be sure to check out the awesome forums including Chat and Social Work forums!
Hi people!
It feels great to be a part of the TSR community. I am new here and would love to interact with everyone, especially, those who are interested in going to the UK for further studies with specialization in Business and management.
Original post by freidajohnson09
Hi people!
It feels great to be a part of the TSR community. I am new here and would love to interact with everyone, especially, those who are interested in going to the UK for further studies with specialization in Business and management.

Hello! First of all, welcome to TSR! Great to have you here :h: we probably have a section for that somewhere :tongue: have a look around, make yourself at home! Here's a link to all of the forums :smile:
Hi! My name is Amanda and I'm from Malaysia! I'm going to Northumbria in September and I know no one and I'm going to be so far away from home. Hope I'll get to know some of my future course mates here :smile:

Xx

Latest