The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Two days until we get a decision from Aberdeen. I have a good academic background but I have changed my field. I did my Bachelors in Communication Systems Engineering but have applied for Ms in Information Technology. Can this effect my selection??
Reply 341
Original post by Greenfish16
I believe there is a field in the agency input that asks if an unconditional offer has been granted.

You should endeavour to fulfil the requirements in your conditional offer.

Thank you for your reply :smile: the thing now is, i am now in last semester, and will be graduate soon in oct. I will only get my official transcript on august/sept. However, my grade now is eligible and pass for unconditional offer. Just only i cant provide the official trancript for the university :'(
Original post by Mustapha_
On the contrary , it should be a problem. The CSC only awards scholarship for Unconditional offer holders. You should try to send those remaining documents asap. And success in your en-devours.

I disagree...many conditonal offer holders are recepient of CSC. Be guided please.
On the contrary , it should be a problem. The CSC only awards scholarship for Unconditional offer holders. You should try to send those remaining documents asap. And success in your en-devours.

I disagree...many conditonal offer holders are recepient of CSC. Be guided please.. Tanks.
Megan dont tink So coz I av my first degree in Environmental Management yet decisions av so far not gone in my favour after gettin all my applications in MSc. Environment
Reply 345
Original post by kuchikau
academic merit and home country benefits and reference are yardstick for nomination BUT BUT BUT believe in God and yourself and pray to whatever you believe in. Only God makes the unqualified qualified.

Thank you for your warming reply! I do believe in God. God makes all things happen :smile: keed praying and hoping :wink: good luck to you!
I have also applied for the same course !!
Original post by MegaMind67
Two days until we get a decision from Aberdeen. I have a good academic background but I have changed my field. I did my Bachelors in Communication Systems Engineering but have applied for Ms in Information Technology. Can this effect my selection??
Original post by tanyarmk
Are references really used as a criterion for selection??If so why is there no deadline for references??

CSC attaches grave importance to references..all thesame obey all rules and guidelines... selection criteria for one university may be different from another.
Any other nominee for Leeds?? What of Bath?
This waiting is just too much..

too much? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah... Dont panic you will get it.
too much? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah... Dont panic you will get it.

Actually am just spoilt for choices.....Hahaaa! That's what disturbing.
Original post by wesh89
@Mustapha what had you applied to study at Strathclyde

I am writting to strathclyde to confirm mustapha nomination.
Let's keep updating ourselves.
Also waiting guys.Applied to Beds,Sheffield Hallam,Leeds Beckett,Aberdeen,LJMU,Anglia Ruskin.Not very hopeful though cause I have a 2:1 plus I am from Zimbabwe which is not even a Commonwealth country but the CSC offers awards to Zimbabweans just to strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations.

dont belittle yourself...you are qualified. Stay positive pls.
Original post by sharif.islm
I have also applied for the same course !!

Aberdeen has 7 shared scholarships this year. Fingers crossed!
[QUOTE="wesh89;64276209"]

I also applied for applied Economics at Strathclyde.It seems you got considered and I was left out.Congrats bro.

stay positive.
Original post by Ukashat
I have gotten an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University but still yet to see any nomination from them regarding the CSSS.Anyone who applied to Sheffield Hallam University here? Please talk to me.

unconditional offer measures little during consideration...
The content of your CSC application speaks volume.
Stay positive.
I am writting to strathclyde to confirm mustapha nomination.

Applied Economics..Do so please.
I also have an unconditional offer for Msc Public Health but still to hear from them concerning the Shared Scholarship.My application is still with them and the agency input section is still blank.I havent received a regret email neither .

by selection criteria, unconditional offer guarrantees little or ....
The truth is that The content of your CSC application speaks louder than home theatre.
Stay positive.
dont belittle yourself...you are qualified. Stay positive pls.

Thanks for the encouragement.I am quite unhappy because of the grading system at my former university (the university of zimbabwe) The grading system is tighter as compared to the UK and most countries.At the university of zimbabwe a first class is considered as an aggregate mark of 75-100 % whilst in the UK its 70 -100 .I had a cumulative mark of 73% and was awarded upper second class honours due their tight marking scheme
Original post by Teeyamz
I bliv all dis post is just keepin us in a confused state lets wait tiil 5 minutes after deadline of 29 April nd confirm it all. U neva can tell coz I knw of smone dat got D regret mail nd In june was mailed dat funding has been made available via commonwealth. so I bliv any one can b nominated at any time. D CSC has to confirm all nominations again so fingers crossed

This is the best advice so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending