The Student Room Group

Young woman gang raped in shopping centre car park

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/young-woman-gang-raped-at-94534/

What a horrific thing. This seems like a very unusual attack to me.

Scroll to see replies

Unusual for the UK. Unfortunately not so for many other parts of the world. Its a shame that we appear to be moving backwards rather than forwards in the UK.
Gang rape in the UK?!
I'm not saying that this was necessarily comitted by people who have immigrated to the UK from countires where this type of atrocity is more common, but unfortunately the stats cannot be ignored that incidents like these are increasing in numbers in the UK.
This is what happens when we introduce other cultures into the UK that refuse to abandon their medieval and atrocious views, and practices that are viewed abhorrent in the UK, but normal in their eyes.
This is why incidences such as FGM have been on the rise in the UK. Many of these people live in cultures where women have little respect, and are treated in ways that are simply unacceptable here. However, through lax immigration policies , we introduce a range of people who refuse to adapt to our culture, and continue to carry out their backwards practices in the UK.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wednesday_adams
I'm not saying that this was necessarily comitted by people who have immigrated to the UK from countires where this type of atrocity is more common, but unfortunately the stats cannot be ignored that incidents like these are increasing in numbers in the UK.
This is what happens when we introduce other cultures into the UK that refuse to abandon their medieval and atrocious views, and practices that are viewed abhorrent in the UK, but normal in their eyes.
This is why incidences such as FGM have been on the rise in the UK. Many of these people live in cultures where women have little respect, and are treated in ways that are simply unacceptable here. However, through lax immigration policies , we introduce a range of people who refuse to adapt to our culture, and continue to carry out their backwards practices in the UK.

Only thing that was missing from your post was "I'm not racist but.." :rolleyes:

The UK has had huge immigration since the end of WWII so is this now just a modern problem or has this been happening for the last 70 years?

Can you point out which cultures from around the world include gang raping as the norm as a part of their culture?

While it might be the case that other countries have higher rape rates - do you associate that with the culture or with the fact that perpetrators are not caught/punished and therefore do as they please because they know they can get away with it? The fact that the abduction happened in broad daylight in such a public area points to the latter.

We see the same rise in rape being used as a weapon in wars and even gangs in the UK because the rapists know they can get away with it.

I don't know what the solution is but I'm hoping it's better than "let's blame the immigrants".

Genuine question - if we got rid of immigrants (to be defined whether new or first gen or up to third gen or just anyone who came from another country if they aren't white*) and only had "white" culture - do you think crime would no longer exist?
Original post by Zerforax
Only thing that was missing from your post was "I'm not racist but.." :rolleyes:

The UK has had huge immigration since the end of WWII so is this now just a modern problem or has this been happening for the last 70 years?

Can you point out which cultures from around the world include gang raping as the norm as a part of their culture?

While it might be the case that other countries have higher rape rates - do you associate that with the culture or with the fact that perpetrators are not caught/punished and therefore do as they please because they know they can get away with it? The fact that the abduction happened in broad daylight in such a public area points to the latter.

We see the same rise in rape being used as a weapon in wars and even gangs in the UK because the rapists know they can get away with it.

I don't know what the solution is but I'm hoping it's better than "let's blame the immigrants".

Genuine question - if we got rid of immigrants (to be defined whether new or first gen or up to third gen or just anyone who came from another country if they aren't white*) and only had "white" culture - do you think crime would no longer exist?

couldn't have said it better myself
people need to get out of this 'let's blame the immigrants' attitude, it's sickening and stupid. These people are just vehicles for UKIP propaganda.

I'm not racist, but I'll admit to being 'culturist', if that's a thing, and preferring the Westernised culture that is moving away from religion rather than those that are dictated by out of date religious rules. Maybe you should've started yours with "I'm not communist, but..."

I said that they are increasing in numbers in the UK, I didn't give a date but thank you for providing one. You're missing my point though. Immigration goes up, crimes particularly associated with third world countries go up (such as FGM), and honour killings, not general crime like robberies. You'd be able to find the statistics to back up my point.. Yes, I agree with you, that this is a correlation, not a causation, but if you'd prefer to ignore that correlation entirely, rather than exploring the idea, then be my guest. But you can't expect everyone to.

I'm not saying that all crime would go. That's absurd. And irrational. Crime will always exist when people with criminal minds exist. However, if stricter laws were put on immigration, I'm saying that crimes more often associated with third world countires would go down. Again such as honour killings, arranged marriages, FGM, and yes gang rapes. Because as much as you hate to admit it, if you read current affairs, gang rape is much more common in those countries. For whatever reason that might be. If it were only to do with the fact that they could get away with it, as you suggested, then why are they carrying it out here? Where they clearly cannot get away with it? Because they have been raised to believe that they are superior to women, and can dominate over them through the tool of rape. If they respected women as equal human beings to themselves, then they would not violently rape them and treat them like animals. Simple as.

Question: Are you saying that if you could get away with rape in the UK, that all men/women would be rapists because the only reason rape is less common here than it is in some parts of Africa, and India is because men/women can't get away with it here?
Or could it have anything to do with morales? Culture? Social upbringing? Sense of what's right/ wrong?
Why is the "dem filthy immigants" card being brought up when the article doesn't even mention the culprits ethnicity/nationality?
Original post by digistar_100
Why is the "dem filthy immigants" card being brought up when the article doesn't even mention the culprits ethnicity/nationality?

Only a matter of time before it does......

Exactly. Peole who jump on the bandwagon of "immigration" is the issue to all are very annyoing.

But regarding the OPs post; made me sick just reading about it so I don't know how people can do this.
Original post by Roofas
We didn't have an influx of 600,000 people a year for the last 70 years. 300,000 leave the UK each year giving us a net migration of 300,000. This level of immigration, particularly from backwards regions of the world only began at around the Millennium.

This spreadsheet from the Government shows that 'Asians' and 'Blacks committed 18.5% of rape in 2011/2012 while making up only 10.2% of the population according to http://www.irr.org.uk/research/statistics/ethnicity-and-religion/
Crime Ethnicity.png
You can find the source of the spreadsheet here.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/statistics-on-race-and-the-criminal-justice-system-2012

Two things;

A) define "backwards regions"
B) if Asian and Black only committed 20% roughly then who committed the other 80% of rapes? :confused::confused::confused:
Original post by Roofas
We didn't have an influx of 600,000 people a year for the last 70 years. 300,000 leave the UK each year giving us a net migration of 300,000. This level of immigration, particularly from backwards regions of the world only began at around the Millennium.

This spreadsheet from the Government shows that 'Asians' and 'Blacks committed 18.5% of rape in 2011/2012 while making up only 10.2% of the population according to http://www.irr.org.uk/research/statistics/ethnicity-and-religion/
Crime Ethnicity.png
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/statistics-on-race-and-the-criminal-justice-system-2012

Asians isn't a good term to use though surely? That's going to include South East and East Asia which will skew the results. You need to narrow it down.
Original post by wednesday_adams

Can you point us to the stats, please?

That just isn't true. You can see that by looking at England's population by ethnicity over time (from census data):

White British population in England

1991 - 93% (includes white Irish and white other)

2001 - 87%

2011 - 79.8%

Immigration has happened 'since the end of WW2', but mass immigration is something that has been forced on us very recently.
Reply 14

No, but I do think some types of crime would decrease.
Original post by Roofas

Crime Ethnicity.png

How does crime by ethnicity compare at different levels of economic/social status?
Original post by NickLCFC
That just isn't true. You can see that by looking at England's population by ethnicity over time (from census data):

White British population in England

1991 - 93% (includes white Irish and white other)

2001 - 87%

2011 - 79.8%

Immigration has happened 'since the end of WW2', but mass immigration is something that has been forced on us very recently.

What's wrong with a decreasing number of white coloured people in the UK?
Reply 17
Original post by KingBradly
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/young-woman-gang-raped-at-94534/

What a horrific thing. This seems like a very unusual attack to me.

Where have you been?

You only have to google Muslim grooming gangs on Google.

Because everyone knows that it will have been perpetrated by immigrants?

I bet you twenty quid this was a gang of either immigrants themselves, or the children of immigrants.

PM me to accept my bet. If you want to keep it confidential and off this thread that is fine by me. I am not interested in publicly demonstrating your naevety but if you seriously believe this WASN'T an immigrant crime I would like twenty of your English pounds.

Easiest money I will have ever made.
Original post by Butternuts96
What's wrong with a decreasing number of white coloured people in the UK?

I am white myself and don't want to become a minority in my ancestral homeland?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending