The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackmilne95
Oh ok. Well on the spec there doesnt seem to be any differences at all. Are you only taking AS?

I want to take it for A2
Original post by Workangel_24
I also had my mocks this week! And they used the specimen papers only available for teachers! Yeah most of it were practical based and there weren't many calculation questions either. Only 10% for calculations and it seems we're going to get 50% application questions and 40% for knowledge this year.

What kind of practical questions?
Reply 22
Does anyone have the students locked specimen papers?
Original post by SargentZenj2
Does anyone have the students locked specimen papers?

I got paper 1
Original post by DrNippleson
We just did the Teacher-Only spec papers for a mock and Paper 2 is very practical knowledge based and Paper 1 is content knowledge based.

hi what do you mean by practical base?
in my sixth form so far, we've only just done 3 practical's, yesterday we dissected the heart. Is it that they will ask questions around it like safety? how to carry the experiment out ?
Original post by BinyQuan
I got paper 1

how do you have it? where is it?
Original post by Jokonkwo
how do you have it? where is it?

Man's got bare links.

Idk but teachers have it
Reply 27
Does anyone know which topics come into paper 1 and paper 2?
Is it worth doing all the past papers from the old spec, or should I focus on the new spec specimen papers?
Do you know the topic that came up in the second paper
Can someone pls explain immunological comparisons of proteins as I don't understand why the serum from species B is mixed with the serum from the blood of a third species and how a precipitate forms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Can someone pls explain immunological comparisons of proteins as I don't understand why the serum from species B is mixed with the serum from the blood of a third species and how a precipitate forms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Care to elaborate on what you mean by 'immunological comparisons of proteins', as this topic might not be on the spec?
Man's got bare links.

Idk but teachers have it

pm me a cheeky link :3
Original post by OfficialChemist
Is it worth doing all the past papers from the old spec, or should I focus on the new spec specimen papers?

old spec past papers help, but bare in mind 50% of it isn't on our spec so don't freak out if you see a question you don't know :smile:
Original post by YsfAli
Does anyone know which topics come into paper 1 and paper 2?

it's completely random although we can safely assume topics that come up in paper 1, won't appear on paper 2 :h:
Original post by Jokonkwo
hi what do you mean by practical base?
in my sixth form so far, we've only just done 3 practical's, yesterday we dissected the heart. Is it that they will ask questions around it like safety? how to carry the experiment out ?

Hiya - Most of the questions are practicals, not any of the ones we're meant to do in class just that the questions are practical orientated so make sure to think through the question.

Some were read from a Graph and Interpret, one plot a graph. Not that bad tbh,
Immunological comparisons of proteins is part of the new AQA biology spec and it's comes under the biodiversity topic so it's used to see how closely related species are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Virolite;64392509]pm me a cheeky link :3

Same pm the cheeky link please
Original post by skittles17
Immunological comparisons of proteins is part of the new AQA biology spec and it's comes under the biodiversity topic so it's used to see how closely related species are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I see, that's what you meant, well it's simply the comparisons of DNA base sequences, RNA base sequences and amino acid base sequences to measure the genetic diversity of a species.

similar to % DNA hybridisation if you're familiar with that :tongue:
Reply 39
Man's got bare links.

Idk but teachers have it

I dont get it, i thought the specimen papers are already up on the aqa website for new spec?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending