The Student Room Group

The EU Out Campaign really amounts to Gove, Duncan-Smith and Norfolk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by DMcGovern
Isn't that George Galloway number 4?

Yes.

I never said you made up that there was a quote. I'm aware of it being in the news, I simply believe the author is frankly lying about his claim that Murdoch apparently said that to him one time. It's way too convenient for the remain camp.
Original post by pol pot noodles
I never said you made up that there was a quote. I'm aware of it being in the news, I simply believe the author is frankly lying about his claim that Murdoch apparently said that to him one time. It's way too convenient for the remain camp.

I think that's unlikely - Hilton and the Standard would be too worried about Murdoch's litigators. It's much more likely that it's true.

And yet Murdoch (not known for letting things pass without legal action) has let it enter the public domain and stay there for 2 months - that doesn't seem likely if it is a lie.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I think that's unlikely - Hilton and the Standard would be too worried about Murdoch's litigators. It's much more likely that it's true.

Murdoch is going to sue over that quote? Hardly.
The fact that someone isn't getting sued over something isn't a litmus test for truth. Simply put, from the sounds of it, whether it fits your agenda is the only test that decides if you think it's true, as seen over your response to the apparent Trump quote.
Interesting map from YouGov today showing where the Out votes are concentrated geographically.

It would appear that so far the likes of Michael Gove, Ian Duncan-Smith and other assorted right wing headbangers and morons (I'll raise you a Farage for your Hannan) have only succeeded in persuading E. Anglia and Essex that Leaving is the right way to go.

What a surprise. :rolleyes:

I feel really bloody annoyed that we are going to have to put up with another two months of their blather for absolutely no benefit to anyone except a few Tory and UKIP battered egos, serving a definitely minority opinion. Even then they won't give up of course. :angry:

I assume this will soon become another Neverendum, like the one in Scotland. It shouldn't even be a national referendum - weak leadership by the Tories.

Anyone wondering what undemocratic, biased bigotism looks like? Right here, folks. ^
Original post by chemting
They are densely populated areas (bar London), no? So they have targetted densely populated constituencies - which is what happens in every "election"...

The lighter shades seems to me more sparsely populated

East Anglia is a rural area made up of small towns and villages lol
Original post by PQ
And yet Murdoch (not known for letting things pass without legal action) has let it enter the public domain and stay there for 2 months - that doesn't seem likely if it is a lie.

I'm no lawyer but I'm sure there's more to suing for libel than one single quote being false. It's not a bar to judge if it's true. David Cameron didn't sue over pig-gate, that doesn't stop it being highly dubious and most likely false.

I agree with him in fairness as a leftist. Most leftists would originally have wanted out but because of Labour they're In.
Except a fair few that aren't bloody sheep.

Like me :tongue:
Original post by lolakirk
East Anglia is a rural area made up of small towns and villages lol

Yeah lol I realised that after looking up a population density map of the UK - acknowledged it after.

For some reason, I thought the smaller the constituency size, the higher density... :colondollar:
I'm no lawyer but I'm sure there's more to suing for libel than one single quote being false. It's not a bar to judge if it's true. David Cameron didn't sue over pig-gate, that doesn't stop it being highly dubious and most likely false.

okey doke.

So do you think Murdoch is anti-EU because he thinks that the people of UK would be better of outside it - or because it serves his own purposes better?
Original post by PQ
okey doke.

So do you think Murdoch is anti-EU because he thinks that the people of UK would be better of outside it - or because it serves his own purposes better?

Because it serves his purposes better. Few third parties do anything out of altruism. Maybe he thinks his business interests would thrive outside of EU regulation. It doesn't have to be because he's a bond villain who wants to control the government like puppets.
Actually I've hardly heard from Farage recently, has he gone off in a sulk since he got the royal order of the boot on being the official campaign?

Gove, Boris, Duncan Smith - they all play the same basic game, introducing immigration into the line of patter and also lying every five minutes about the size of the UK contribution, etc. It's charmless, degrading stuff.

You might want to listen closer then

Posted from TSR Mobile
It isn't half the country - it's probably about a third, if that. I think the Out vote is currently being over polled and the final result will be at least 60:40 and possibly 70:30 in favour of In.

Where do you pull those forecasts from? It is a sunny day here, but I am guessing the sun isn't shining there...

You are talking *******$ anyway. And to prove it, I'll offer you a bet that the leave vote exceeds 30%.

Any amount you like. Shall we say a couple of hundred quid? PM me if you are prepared to put your money where your posting mouth is.

You won't bet. Not even on 40% I reckon... :biggrin:
It doesn't have to be because he's a bond villain who wants to control the government like puppets.

True

But politics is a lot more fun with a good villain
Original post by JezWeCan!
Where do you pull those forecasts from? It is a sunny day here, but I am guessing the sun isn't shining there...

You are talking *******$ anyway. And to prove it, I'll offer you a bet that the leave vote exceeds 30%.

Any amount you like. Shall we say a couple of hundred quid? PM me if you are prepared to put your money where your posting mouth is.

You won't bet. Not even on 40% I reckon... :biggrin:

Regardless the Leave bunch will still not win.

And even if it did it would never actually happen.
Try reading up on some ******* EU laws.
Reply 76
It isn't half the country - it's probably about a third, if that. I think the Out vote is currently being over polled and the final result will be at least 60:40 and possibly 70:30 in favour of In.

The bookies pretty much agree. Currently 57:43

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result
Interesting map from YouGov today showing where the Out votes are concentrated geographically.

It would appear that so far the likes of Michael Gove, Ian Duncan-Smith and other assorted right wing headbangers and morons (I'll raise you a Farage for your Hannan) have only succeeded in persuading E. Anglia and Essex that Leaving is the right way to go.

What a surprise. :rolleyes:

I feel really bloody annoyed that we are going to have to put up with another two months of their blather for absolutely no benefit to anyone except a few Tory and UKIP battered egos, serving a definitely minority opinion. Even then they won't give up of course. :angry:

I assume this will soon become another Neverendum, like the one in Scotland. It shouldn't even be a national referendum - weak leadership by the Tories.

It may be a minority that will vote out but only because the public is getting constant fear messages.

The vote for out will still be above 40% hardly a small amount

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've clearly never ventured too far from your ivory tower. East Anglia has a population of 6 million, considerably more than Scotland, and is 4 times more densely populated than it too. It has large towns and cities like Ipswich, Norwich, Colchester, Chelmsford, Luton, Southend and Bedford.
To dismiss it as a rural backwater that should be ignored is highly insulting but thoroughly expected of the sneering, condescending left.
I'm not even going to get started on the utter ridiculousness of your racism claim.

East Anglia (I take as the basis for comparison the evil EU regional designation East of England), has the smallest conurbations of any region.
Original post by scrotgrot
East Anglia (I take as the basis for comparison the evil EU regional designation East of England), has the smallest conurbations of any region.

Doesn't mean there aren't areas of high population density, just that they're spread out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending