The Student Room Group

A* Grade

I'm sorry I have to post this, but the information I've searched for on here is still not clear to me.

I do AQA Physics A at A2 Level. What do I need for an A*? Am I correct in thinking I need an A in AS and then 270 in A2? I've been getting told that in AQA Ch mostly you need 270 in AS and not A2. This is confusing to me because I'm sure every subject within a exam board has the same grading (bar maths).

I would appreciate the clarification.
Original post by ChillGod
I'm sorry I have to post this, but the information I've searched for on here is still not clear to me.

I do AQA Physics A at A2 Level. What do I need for an A*? Am I correct in thinking I need an A in AS and then 270 in A2? I've been getting told that in AQA Ch mostly you need 270 in AS and not A2. This is confusing to me because I'm sure every subject within a exam board has the same grading (bar maths).

I would appreciate the clarification.

No - you need to average out an A overall and at least 90% over the A2 units (so at least 480/600 overall and at least 270/300 over A2).
Original post by usycool1
No - you need to average out an A overall and at least 90% over the A2 units (so at least 480/600 overall and at least 270/300 over A2).

Do you have to get 90% on unit 6 (the isa)? Thanks.
Original post by Thranderz
Do you have to get 90% on unit 6 (the isa)? Thanks.

You don't have to score 90% on each A2 unit - rather, you need to average 90% over them instead. So you can still score an A* without 90 in Unit 6, provided you do well enough in Units 4/5 to push the average up to at least 90.
Reply 4
Original post by usycool1
You don't have to score 90% on each A2 unit - rather, you need to average 90% over them instead. So you can still score an A* without 90 in Unit 6, provided you do well enough in Units 4/5 to push the average up to at least 90.

That's what I thought. & this is the same for all AQA exams right? (Chemistry in particular)
Original post by ChillGod
That's what I thought. & this is the same for all AQA exams right? (Chemistry in particular)

Yeah, it is. Except for Maths where you only need to average 90% over C3/C4 (you still need to average 80% overall though).

Quick Reply

Latest