The Student Room Group

I broke up with my boyfriend today AMA

^^

Scroll to see replies

But why, though?
Are you free this Friday?
Have you got cut all contact? And why did you break up? Did he cry?
How did did it happen? Be as general as you like

Do you feel sad about it at all?
Original post by Rhythmical

Did he?
**** happens what can you do about it :borat:
Original post by MeggiiMae
^^

I am sorry to hear that.
Reply 8
Original post by BristolFresher15
But why, though?

Original post by ForestShadow
How did it happen? Be as general as you like

Do you feel sad about it at all?

I'm currently studying Alevels, I feel that with everything else going on as well as my Alevels (voluntary work, my job, etc) I just can't give him the time he deserves. :/
I ended it today in person, I haven't cut off all contact at all, he is still my bestfriend of course. I didn't break up with him because I don't love him anymore, I just feel right now isn't the right time.
We both cried! Me more than him
Reply 9
Original post by ODES_PDES
I am sorry to hear that.

Thank you:frown:
Well that was an anti-climactic reason. You two will probably be back together by July, probably sooner. I'm unimpressed.
I feel that with everything else going on as well as my Alevels (voluntary work, my job, etc) I just can't give him the time he deserves. :/

Not trying to start and argument or be negative but did you ever ask him if he was happy with the said smaller portion of time with you?

Is it possible he prefers little time with you in a relationship than not be in one at all.:s-smilie:

edit realised you said "there was possessiveness, jealousy and trust issues. I felt trapped."

why didnt you see this sooner? halo effect?

(when you see his looks and not his personality and were you doing anything that could cause his trust issues?)

Regardless, I wish you both the very best and much success in you A lvls
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Well that was an anti-climatic reason. You two will probably be back together by July, probably sooner. I'm unimpressed.

Sorry I didn't impress, there were other reasons, his possessiveness, jealousy and trust issues. I felt trapped.
Sorry I didn't impress, there were other reasons, his possessiveness, jealousy and trust issues. I felt trapped.

Now I'm confused. Which one was it? Because if its the latter then I'm guessing you won't be getting back together.
Reply 14
Original post by ForestShadow
Not trying to start and argument or be negative but did you ever ask him if he was happy with the said smaller portion of time with you?

Is it possible he prefers little time with you in a relationship than not be in one at all.:s-smilie:

Regardless, I wish you both the very best and much success in you A lvls

I know he was happy but it just didn't feel fair to not be able to give him my attention more than the limited time I could.
I know what you mean though
Reply 15
Now I'm confused. Which one was it? Because if its the latter then I'm guessing you won't be getting back together.

A combination of all of it.
I'm currently studying Alevels, I feel that with everything else going on as well as my Alevels (voluntary work, my job, etc) I just can't give him the time he deserves. :/
I ended it today in person, I haven't cut off all contact at all, he is still my bestfriend of course. I didn't break up with him because I don't love him anymore, I just feel right now isn't the right time.
We both cried! Me more than him

Aw, it is perfectly reasonable for you to do that. A Levels are stressful and you are brave for taking this step. How long were you together for?

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Did he?

Curiosity got the better of you :tongue:
Reply 17
Aw, it is perfectly reasonable for you to do that. A Levels are stressful and you are brave for taking this step. How long were you together for?

Just over a year and a half.
I feel like I'm the bad person, and I suppose I am but I hope I'll benefit from it in the long run:/
Original post by Lord Samosa
Are you free this Friday?

Just over a year and a half.
I feel like I'm the bad person, and I suppose I am but I hope I'll benefit from it in the long run:/

At the end of the day, you're young and have your whole life ahead of you and A Levels are important and not easy at all. Just focus on yourself for now and try not to fall in the trap of being in contact with him at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest