The Student Room Group

mums boyfriends son

Hi, im in a relationship with my mums boyfriend and he is not blood relation so this is not against the law. I have lost my mum and most if not all of my family over this. I have loved this lad now for 3 years and i have been with him since December. I miss my mum a lot, and wish she could understand that i cant help the way i feel about her boyfriends son. I was wondering if my mum ever get around this, care and love me again. My mum was also planning to get married to my boyfriends dad in july and has now cancelled the wedding as she feels its wrong for me and my boyfriend (my boyfriend being my mums partners son) to be in a relationship and she feels uncomfortable about getting married now. I have also lost my dad ,brother, sister, uncle and nan over this because they all feel i am wrong. I do not live with any of my family and i live with a friend due to my mum not letting me live with her. Im only 17 years old and wish it could be easier. I dont want to have to lose this lad im with because he means so much to me. i know people are properly thinking you are young you dont know what love is or ill fall in love again. But i have never felt this way over someone and he makes me so happy. Even though i have lost everything the meant so much to me but he makes it feel like i have gained something so much bigger. So can i have your opinions, will my mum get over the fact im deeply in love with this lad or will i lose her for good?Just to clarify I'm dating my mums partners son
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You have now lost me as well.
Wait, what?
Original post by Batman09
im in a relationship with my mums boyfriend and he is not blood relation so this is not against the law.
But i have lost my mum over this and i have loved this lad now for 3 years and i have been with him since December.
i miss my mum a lot over this and wish she could understand that i cant help the way i feel about this lad.
i was wondering would my mum ever get around this and care and love me again.
she was also planning to get married to my boyfriends dad in july and has now cancelled the wedding as she feels its wrong for me and my boyfriend to be in a relationship and she feels uncomfortable about getting married now.
i have also lost my dad and brother and sister and my uncle and nan over this because they all feel i am wrong i do not live witih them anymore and i live with a friend due to my mum not letting me live with her im only 17 years old and wish it could be easier but i dont want to have to lose this lad im with because he means so much to me. i know people are properly thinking you are young you dont know what love is or ill fall in love again. but i have never felt this way over someone and he makes me so happy. even though i have lost everything the meant so much to me but he makes it feel like i have gained something so much bigger.
so what's people opinions will my mum get over the fact im deeply in love with this lad or will i lose her for good?

Why are you dating your mum's boyfriend and his son?
This is either a troll or a tragedy, I pray it's the former
Original post by TheArtofProtest
You have now lost me as well.

PRSOM :rofl:
Reply 6
Stranger things have happened...
Reply 7
Btw this is like Serena and Dan vs Rufus and Lily in Gossip Girl
Reply 9
this is a true and please no hate
Reply 10
Original post by Blondie987
This is either a troll or a tragedy, I pray it's the former

this is true
You cockblocked your own mum. Reflect on that for a second.
im in a relationship with my mums boyfriend and he is not blood relation so this is not against the law.
But i have lost my mum over this and i have loved this lad now for 3 years and i have been with him since December.
i miss my mum a lot over this and wish she could understand that i cant help the way i feel about this lad.
she was also planning to get married to my boyfriends dad in july and has now cancelled the wedding as she feels its wrong for me and my boyfriend to be in a relationship and she feels uncomfortable about getting married now.
i have also lost my dad and brother and sister and my uncle and nan over this because they all feel i am wrong i do not live witih them anymore and i live with a friend due to my mum not letting me live with her im only 17 years old and wish it could be easier but i dont want to have to lose this lad im with because he means so much to me. i know people are properly thinking you are young you dont know what love is or ill fall in love again. but i have never felt this way over someone and he makes me so happy. even though i have lost everything the meant so much to me but he makes it feel like i have gained something so much bigger.
so what's people opinions will my mum get over the fact im deeply in love with this lad or will i lose her for good?

Honestly OP you need to read your post again because it doesnt make sense. At some points it reads as though you are dating your mums bf and then at other times its his son.

Also are you male or female?

As in will she ever forgive you? Yes, no, maybe. cant tell she must be hurt now, maybe she will make peace with you maybe things will never be the same, but shes obviously been significantly affected.
Are the objections because its a gay relationship and thats what they have the problem with?
Reply 13
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You cockblocked your own mum. Reflect on that for a second.

i didnt want my mum to feel upset or angry or hate me for it but i couldnt help but fall inlove with her boyfriends son. to be honest you cant exactly help who you fall in love with. all i want is for her to except me and my boyfriends relationship and i can see and be happy with her and him and for every thing to go back to how it used to be. it shouldnt be different now me and her boyfriends son is together she should be happy that i am happy i just want to not have to pick as it gets me down most days and stops me sleeping at night.
someone has lowered the moral bar

dear god

Attachment not found
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by 999tigger
Honestly OP you need to read your post again because it doesnt make sense. At some points it reads as though you are dating your mums bf and then at other times its his son.

Also are you male or female?

As in will she ever forgive you? Yes, no, maybe. cant tell she must be hurt now, maybe she will make peace with you maybe things will never be the same, but shes obviously been significantly affected.
Are the objections because its a gay relationship and thats what they have the problem with?

okay i will go back through my post again and i am a female and i just wish she can except it i just dont want to leave my boyfriend who i have been in love with for 3 years and now im with him every one in my family are trying to tear us apart and i just want to see my mum and be with my boyfriend but i guess i cant have everything
i didnt want my mum to feel upset or angry or hate me for it but i couldnt help but fall inlove with her boyfriends son. to be honest you cant exactly help who you fall in love with. all i want is for her to except me and my boyfriends relationship and i can see and be happy with her and him and for every thing to go back to how it used to be. it shouldnt be different now me and her boyfriends son is together she should be happy that i am happy i just want to not have to pick as it gets me down most days and stops me sleeping at night.

Considering shes called off the marriage and for some reason kicked you out, then I cant see that happening anytime soon. Are you male or female? Waht is it she finds so objectionable? Ahh sorry if its batman then I guess its the gay angle.
Shes female. Im her boyfriend btw
(edited 8 years ago)
okay i will go back through my post again and i am a female and i just wish she can except it i just dont want to leave my boyfriend who i have been in love with for 3 years and now im with him every one in my family are trying to tear us apart and i just want to see my mum and be with my boyfriend but i guess i cant have everything

Think you need to give it time and hopefully she will eventually be happy with you both. Honestly if she marries and has a child and you have a child with your bf it would be weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending