The Student Room Group

Why do South Asian boys act "Hard"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
Over here in Toronto we neverrrr say south Asian it must b a UK thing, they do call each other desi, but the rest of the people call them brown or by whatever they are Indian, Pakistani, banglawhatever.

Yeah don't use that one in London
For a start Islam is not for the faint hearted. There is also a duty to defend family honour and property and potentially the wider community if that is threatened. Additional pressures to do well academically and professionally rather than just loaf around doing history and indulging in causal relationships require the 'desi boy' to be perpetually vigilant.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Yeah don't use that one in London

Why not?
Over here in Toronto we neverrrr say south Asian it must b a UK thing, they do call each other desi, but the rest of the people call them brown or by whatever they are Indian, Pakistani, banglawhatever.

yeah true. because there are actually distinct races in south asia, it's a meaningless description. it's like saying "african" - which part of africa? north africa (basically the middle east where people are more close to the race of the saudis) or central africa (where people are essentially "black"]? it's the same thing in my eyes - desi is a term that makes sense because it refers to a particular region and not a south part of the largest continent in the world containing so many peoples/races.
This is such an easy question use pakis can do what we like because basically our families are very massive so we can be *******s to anyone not in the family very easily without fear of being socially outcast.
Original post by spv
Because the 'velan' toughened them up since childhood.

Nah. xD The velan obviously wasn't enough. I've had it and I'm nothing like the new breed of South Asians. :'D
I'm going to be thee ******* here and just say it...

They have to act hard, or else they get **** on, made fun of. I went to highschool with Pakistani guys who used to tell people they were indo-Caribbean because they are more accepted so they don't get made fun of, it wasn't easy for them to say I'm Pakistani.

That's the best explanation I can come up with
Original post by Anonymous
This is such an easy question use pakis can do what we like because basically our families are very massive so we can be *******s to anyone not in the family very easily without fear of being socially outcast.

This may be the case with parents that don't give a **** about their children and are most likely to be immigrants or illiterate. However, this not the case with all Pakistanis.

Mind you, the world record for the most A levels and O levels is held by Pakistanis. So calling Pakistanis wanna be rudebois is slightly biased.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I sit on the back of the bus and i passed my a levels

Its different here in bham :wink: plus its from my own experience.
Reply 49
Original post by SubZero~
Nah. xD The velan obviously wasn't enough. I've had it and I'm nothing like the new breed of South Asians. :'D

lmfao.. I love how you're like "I've had it" like it's some sort of childhood disease that everyone gets-like chicken pox.
Yeah, true though. I've had the velan, and I am nothing like those fools.

They have to act hard, or else they get **** on, made fun of. I went to highschool with Pakistani guys who used to tell people they were indo-Caribbean because they are more accepted so they don't get made fun of, it wasn't easy for them to say I'm Pakistani.

That's the first time I've heard that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spv
lmfao.. I love how you're like "I've had it" like it's some sort of childhood disease that everyone gets-like chicken pox.
Yeah, true though. I've had the velan, and I am nothing like those fools.

Guju parents. :rofl:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
That's the first time I've heard that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exactly?
It's because most British Pakistanis are paindu mirpuris who marry their cousins and dont care about education.

Canadian and American Pakistanis are much better.

Canada sounds like a strange place
What exactly?

The indo-Caribbean thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg, these South Asian 'fake' thugs live in my area. Some of them are actually alright but their behaviour in public is really irritating. There is this one guy in my tutor group and he came straight from India like around 2 years ago, he acts like these thugs by saying 'Bruv'- this actually makes me laugh.

If you want to see these wonderful guys in action, give me a call.:smile:
Original post by ZuluK
He is gorgeous :colonhash: like Samina has said... Have you seen him and his body? And the way he talks omg 😩😩 soooo good!!

<---- This guy > All others :biggrin:
Original post by Eternalflames
He is a ****ing sculpture!! What a beauty :colondollar:

Yep. He looks like a beast, acts like a beast and dances like a beast!

Reply 59
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I thought you said "How do Asian boys get hard?" :laugh:

IKR oMG I KNEW i wouldnt be the only one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending