The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
0 sympathy when OP threatens to harass her.

He said that? Ok I'm with you on this one then
Is my message threatening? I don't see how..
Original post by believeteam22
I just saw her again. I went up to her and I said hey can I talk to you. She said no. Don't talk to me, leave me alone. And she walked away in a p*ssed off way. Even all my friends said what is her problem. She is so cruel and heartless I can't believe it. I'm both angry and heartbroken. I really don't know what to do

You been told what to do, ignore her, don't contact her. She doesn't want to talk to you and that is the reality of the situation. You need to get this in your head. It is hard but I am afraid it is over, she was never your girlfriend anyway. Harrassing her is only going to get you in more trouble.
Original post by shuu00
He said that? Ok I'm with you on this one then

More than that, when she blocked him he went over, he got his parents to ring her and try to convince her to talk to him etc. At its peak, it was so severe that she threatened to call the police if it didn't stop.
Is my message threatening? I don't see how..

Your message sounded like it was written by a 15 year old. If you were going to send a message atleast make it sound mature. Don't send it as there is no point now she has blanked you and is annoyed by your presence.
Ok, I really want to send a message to her. I need some sort of closure. Can someone here help me compose a message to her?
How about this for a message?

I won't contact u anymore ok? The reason why I did that was coz it wasn't easy to forget this friendship and move forward. It's not an easy thing to do. I'm not like u, I mean I care a lot, and I can't just forget someone who I was friends with for 3yrs. It was not easy for me to accept.It was hard for me. I regretted the way I acted.Anyway, U were a close friend so I will remember u will like that.If u ever need anything I'm here.I think I wont see u again, so bye.I don't know if I'm spammed but I hope u get this.

Thoughts?
Tbh though is this guy any worse than the legions of lads on the piss/on the pull every weekend. Cos trying to move on and hit on random birds (the opposite extreme of the obsessive behaviour this chap demonstrates) is arguably more socially unacceptable to a wider group of women. You can't really win either way.
Original post by NetworkTahweed
Tbh though is this guy any worse than the legions of lads on the piss/on the pull every weekend. Cos trying to move on and hit on random birds (the opposite extreme of the obsessive behaviour this chap demonstrates) is arguably more socially unacceptable to a wider group of women. You can't really win either way.

Yes he is worse. If someone hits on you, you reject them and move on. Lads "on the pull" get rejected and just move on to someone else. They're only bothering that person once. OP has been stalking her for a number of years, scaring her until she begged him to stop or she'd call the police, at which point he got his parents to call her to get her to change her mind.

I can't even believe you're comparing years worth of stalking to getting with someone in a club.
Original post by georgiaswift
Yes he is worse. If someone hits on you, you reject them and move on. Lads "on the pull" get rejected and just move on to someone else. They're only bothering that person once. OP has been stalking her for a number of years, scaring her until she begged him to stop or she'd call the police, at which point he got his parents to call her to get her to change her mind.

I can't even believe you're comparing years worth of stalking to getting with someone in a club.

Did he try to rape her then?

I won't contact u anymore ok? The reason why I did that was coz it wasn't easy to forget this friendship and move forward. It's not an easy thing to do. I'm not like u, I mean I care a lot, and I can't just forget someone who I was friends with for 3yrs. It was not easy for me to accept.It was hard for me. I regretted the way I acted.Anyway, U were a close friend so I will remember u will like that.If u ever need anything I'm here.I think I wont see u again, so bye.I don't know if I'm spammed but I hope u get this.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

"I won't contact you any more" he says, whilst contacting her.

"If you need anything I'm here". Doormat much? Jeez dude, just let it go.
Original post by NetworkTahweed
Did he try to rape her then?

Sorry? Hitting on someone and then moving on when rejected is not attempted rape.
Sorry? Hitting on someone and then moving on when rejected is not attempted rape.

If the bloke hasn't tried to anything physical/sexual with her then whats the problem. Just peering at her house through some bushes isn't really doing anything to her. Its not as if she's not free to score as many other ***** as she damn well pleases
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 333
So the last few days I have been really struggling. It got worse. I am having severe chest pains and all sorts of emotions so today I decided to go the hospital.

After waiting for 5hrs, I saw a doctor. I explained to him everything that happened with this girl, how it has really left me in pieces etc. And he said you are suffering from anxiety, and you are really stressed and you're not coping well with it. He said I need therapy. So he will write a referral letter which I need to take to my own GP. So he feels I need counselling as it will help me to relax and control my emotions etc.

So I need to make an appointment with my GP next week.

Also, I was extremely anxious and upset last week in uni. I am really going through hell right now.

Shaking, trembling, feeling anxious, crying, no appetite, no motivation, emptiness, sadness, visibly shaken, regret, tense, panicky, etc

When will this get better? I am very panicky about my uni work too. Honestly this is the worst timing ever.

Best thing to do is to avoid going near at this moment of time as it's making you feel anxious and emotional just thinking about her so make sure she's not on your social media sites etc. so it will help you get over her quicker if she's not popping up on you social media sites. Also, what I like to do is keep a journal about how you are feeling just write it all down on paper/mobile phone anywhere eventually as the days go by you will notice how you're improving emotionally and you can read back to see how far you have come. You must keep yourself busy make sure you're not bored because it'll lead your thoughts to her maybe join a society at uni? go out and have fun eventually you will see a great improvement in yourself and Good Luck :biggrin:
More than that, when she blocked him he went over, he got his parents to ring her and try to convince her to talk to him etc. At its peak, it was so severe that she threatened to call the police if it didn't stop.

You always seem to refer to the police thing. :/ You kind of deliberately point out the really bad bits quite a lot. :/

"I won't contact you any more" he says, whilst contacting her.

"If you need anything I'm here". Doormat much? Jeez dude, just let it go.

:/ I cannot let go. I don't know what is wrong with me. Inside I just feel like I will NEVER find another girl who matches to her. I feel like something very dear to me as gone and I feel empty and sad.
Original post by Jerry
Best thing to do is to avoid going near at this moment of time as it's making you feel anxious and emotional just thinking about her so make sure she's not on your social media sites etc. so it will help you get over her quicker if she's not popping up on you social media sites. Also, what I like to do is keep a journal about how you are feeling just write it all down on paper/mobile phone anywhere eventually as the days go by you will notice how you're improving emotionally and you can read back to see how far you have come. You must keep yourself busy make sure you're not bored because it'll lead your thoughts to her maybe join a society at uni? go out and have fun eventually you will see a great improvement in yourself and Good Luck :biggrin:

I think I won't see her anymore. Today was basically my last day. Tomorrow and friday I will go to uni to add the finishing touches to my dissertation before submitting it.
I saw her today and I felt really anxious/emotional/sad. She is not on any of my social media.
That's interesting because a friend also suggested to me to just write out everything I feel inside my phone notes or a journal and just let it all out. So I will try that.

Well uni is basically over now. I will focus on improving my health again for a while because it's really taken it's toll on me.

I am considering doing a Masters too. Although it will DEFINITELY not be at my current uni.
You always seem to refer to the police thing. :/ You kind of deliberately point out the really bad bits quite a lot. :/

:/ I cannot let go. I don't know what is wrong with me. Inside I just feel like I will NEVER find another girl who matches to her. I feel like something very dear to me as gone and I feel empty and sad.

I refer to the police thing because, whether you like it or not, it happened. You were so obsessive she wanted to get the government involved as you took it so far. I'm pointing out the bad bits because no "friendship" should have this amount of severe arguments, especially not in such a short space of time. Doesn't the fact that there are so many bad bits for me to point out tell you something? Every few days you argue and one or the other says 'don't contact me again'. That's not friendship.

You feel this strongly attached because you clearly have some sort of mental issue that needs to be dealt with. You've been obsessed for years and now that that obsession is gone you don't know what to do with yourself.

I gave you some really good advice at the beginning of this thread and yet 17 pages later, here we still are. You said you were going to make a conscious effort to get over her, but drafting letters to send to her and talking about her on the Internet is just making it worse for you, as it's keeping her on your mind.

If you're actually serious I'm more than happy to help you - PM me and I'll be there, because I want to help you and I want to see you living a normal healthy life. But while you're avoiding the problems and deliberately refusing to get over it, I can't help.
I refer to the police thing because, whether you like it or not, it happened. You were so obsessive she wanted to get the government involved as you took it so far. I'm pointing out the bad bits because no "friendship" should have this amount of severe arguments, especially not in such a short space of time. Doesn't the fact that there are so many bad bits for me to point out tell you something? Every few days you argue and one or the other says 'don't contact me again'. That's not friendship.

You feel this strongly attached because you clearly have some sort of mental issue that needs to be dealt with. You've been obsessed for years and now that that obsession is gone you don't know what to do with yourself.

I gave you some really good advice at the beginning of this thread and yet 17 pages later, here we still are. You said you were going to make a conscious effort to get over her, but drafting letters to send to her and talking about her on the Internet is just making it worse for you, as it's keeping her on your mind.

If you're actually serious I'm more than happy to help you - PM me and I'll be there, because I want to help you and I want to see you living a normal healthy life. But while you're avoiding the problems and deliberately refusing to get over it, I can't help.

Yeah, and I really regret that happened :/. I guess I did become obsessive, I didn't mean to, I just sort of lost myself in her. I liked her so much. Even now I still do.
I hated that we argued so much. I tried many times to tell her this but she just didn't care.

To be honest, I don't have a mental issue, I am pretty sure of that. I just became crazy and I guess obsessed with her.

I know you always try to help and I appreciate that. It's just not easy for me. I always end up forgiving her, I can't stay angry at her for long.

Well now that uni is over and I won't see her anymore, maybe it will be easier? I am just having a hard time letting go.
I know, I want to be happy again. Feels like such a long time ago when I was happy.

Ok I will PM you. Thanks
Ok, I really want to send a message to her. I need some sort of closure. Can someone here help me compose a message to her?

No. Don't do it. It will never end.

You need to fight it and stop trying to contact her. Please listen to and take this advice.
Original post by SeanFM
No. Don't do it. It will never end.

You need to fight it and stop trying to contact her. Please listen to and take this advice.

I didn't send the message. I thought about it for a while, then I thought, all sending that message will do, is probably make her crazy and angry, and just make me feel even worse and I would regret it.

But the way she has treated me hurts me. When you really care about someone and they do something so hurtful and say such bad things to you, it really gets to you. :/

Latest

Trending

Trending