The Student Room Group

Why do south Asian parents hate black guys

Scroll to see replies

I'm white and as a parent (say in 10 years), I'd be pissed off too if my son/daughter brought home a black woman/man or anyone non Caucasian for that matter.

Why would anyone want to destroy their lineage/bloodline?
(edited 8 years ago)
Simple answer is racism.
Sadly you can't even deny it with the older generation.
Reply 22
bau kariya friend na rakhai, right @ravioliyears :rofl:

Yeah, they're anti-other cultures when it comes to more than friends haha
Not sure, my parents are the same. I don't give a **** though, if I really like a black girl I will be with her regardless of what my parents think
Original post by KaMingy
I assume when you say South Asian - you mean Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.?

I'm Chinese and my parents don't think highly of Black people, which perhaps could be that blacks were known to be slaves in the past (meaning no offence), and asian culture is quite mostly around money and success. My sister has a best friend who is black and my parents get annoyed when she brings her over.

I wouldn't know why they they are like this, but maybe its down to culture. For me, I don't really care about someone's race.

Those are EAST,Asians.
South Asians are Indians, Pakistanis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because they have a regressive culture based on a bigoted caste system.
Im of Chinese and Vietnamese Decent and my parents did tell me that they would prefer if i did not bring back a black; muslim; caltholic; or any other races with a dark skin tone. i think it is mainly to do with pride of the passed lineage and ancestors, as this is a big part of oriental culture. Also probably with the rise of multiracial children, my parents probably just find it a bit bizarre as they only grew up with people of the same race around them. probably also fear of merging cultures and how my life would change if i was to marry someone with a completely different and strange culture.

i find it pretty funny to be honest, but i really just dont give one. if i find the compatible person for me, it wouldnt matter what background they came from.
Reply 27
Don’t worry all parents are inherently racist, mine also frown upon interracial marriages, as a Somali, my parents would never allow me to marry outside the race.
You have to understand, it can prove to be quite difficult to raise a child with parents who are not necessary from the same background.
Because I told my parents and all South Asian parents to hate just you
Reply 29
Original post by ftsoft
I was talking to this hot south Asian girl at my sixth form, and i told her to hook me up with some girls. She was telling how if she brought a black guy home her parents would be pissed. Why is that?/

Black people are hated by ALL other races. Mostly because of fear and jealousy. I am not surprised she said this. I got some racism directed at me from Asian kids - Pakistanis and Bangladeshis when I was at school (I am mixed African and Indian from the Caribbean).

Having said that I personally don't hold any ill will towards anyone. I just don't understand the racism at all. The Chinese are probably the worst for it as they don't even like Chinese people who are darker skinned. I have no respect for people like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most cultures dislike black people, this I have noticed a lot, especially outside a multicultural place like London
Original post by spv
bau kariya friend na rakhai, right @ravioliyears :rofl:

Yeah, they're anti-other cultures when it comes to more than friends haha

Haa tho khabar chhe khem? Because bau jungli vara thay jai ghar ma :rofl:
Original post by KaMingy
I assume when you say South Asian - you mean Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.?

I'm Chinese and my parents don't think highly of Black people, which perhaps could be that blacks were known to be slaves in the past (meaning no offence), and asian culture is quite mostly around money and success. My sister has a best friend who is black and my parents get annoyed when she brings her over.

I wouldn't know why they they are like this, but maybe its down to culture. For me, I don't really care about someone's race.

A word for your parents is "racist" and it's not because black people were slaves 300 years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it's the fact that most south Asian parents just prefer their children to bring back someone who is also Asian?
Original post by Kamsarju
Black people are hated by ALL other races. Mostly because of fear and jealousy. I am not surprised she said this. I got some racism directed at me from Asian kids - Pakistanis and Bangladeshis when I was at school (I am mixed African and Indian from the Caribbean).

Having said that I personally don't hold any ill will towards anyone. I just don't understand the racism at all. The Chinese are probably the worst for it as they don't even like Chinese people who are darker skinned. I have no respect for people like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be able to share some light, I have traveled a bit, and in countries where there aren't many black people. But the few that are present, are usually anti social e.g thieves. not all but it seems to be the mayority, this might be because they are outcasted.
and what is your opinion on Roadmen?
Reply 35
your stereotype is extremely racist. I have no idea what roadmen are so I can't answer that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoda123
Not sure, my parents are the same. I don't give a **** though, if I really like a black girl I will be with her regardless of what my parents think

Aren't you white though? :confused:
Reply 37
Considering south asians are not white, they’re brown -east asian however are & the ME.

It’s a somewhat bastardized form of master-slave relations,and associating the color white with status elevation and superiority, also removing the ‘blackness’ from their genes,
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Aren't you white though? :confused:

No lol i'm brown

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoda123
No lol i'm brown

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your arms and neck look pretty white, maybe it's the picture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending