The Student Room Group

What accent do you speak with?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pro Crastination
I'm one of those many people that think they speak mainly in RP (few slips here and there) but doesn't really know for sure, I used to sound very common before I went to college.

I think that is what my accent is but I am unsure.
Original post by Rhythmical
You seem cool. What made you choose that course?

I went to the Royal Derngate Theatre and the Shoe Museum haha. Have you ever visited Bedfordshire or rather Bedford?

It is still pretty. The accent seems so joyful and happy.

Actually, mechanical things fascinate me by how they work. Like a mechanical clock, you see how time is kept constant, just by simple gears. The engineering behind that simple instrument is just incredible.
(edited 7 years ago)
You seem cool. What made you choose that course?

I went to the Royal Derngate Theatre and the Shoe Museum haha. Have you ever visited Bedfordshire or rather Bedford?

It is still pretty. The accent seems so joyful and happy.

we have a shoe museum???? TF!
yea! went shopping once and got stranded there for the night and never returned lmao!! the bus stop in town centre is like an absolute dive! and the freaks who roam the streets at night!
i **** you not i had some guy try to persuade me to go with him because 'he wrote a book'
and why tf did he think that would make me go with him? like seriously? get back onyour donkey mate
pfft
I speak with the RP (Received Pronunciation) accent so it is fairly standard.

Original post by Ethereal World
The sexiest and nicest accent in all the land.

Lies! It's clearly the Kerry accent!

Note that the Irish have at least 64 accents, at least 2 for each county, notably Northside Dublin and Southside Dublin (which is like an Irish RP); and Cork and West Cork.

Original post by ForestShadow
British accent

I find British accents very unattractive.
Apart from hot women's RP.

That is a good joke even if it's old :tongue:
Original post by Azhar Rana
Actually, mechanical things fascinate me by how they work. Like a mechanical clock, you see how time is kept constant, just by simple gears.

Aw that is so cool. I'm more into English.
Reply 145
Scouse or 'plastic' scouse, depending on whether that person is from Merseyside or not.
Original post by shawtyb
we have a shoe museum???? TF!
yea! went shopping once and got stranded there for the night and never returned lmao!! the bus stop in town centre is like an absolute dive! and the freaks who roam the streets at night!
i **** you not i had some guy try to persuade me to go with him because 'he wrote a book'
and why tf did he think that would make me go with him? like seriously? get back onyour donkey mate
pfft

Wait you didn't know?! It is a cool museum. I do apologise for the bad experience you had of our town, I can assure you we are not all weirdos. That sounds creepy and so scary.
(edited 7 years ago)
Aw that is so cool. I'm more into English.

Wow, that great! English is such a beautiful language :colondollar:
Reply 148
everyone speaks sick received pronounciation

i talk like a yorkshire chav with terrible dialect that no one understands, its soooooo bad but its who i am :biggrin:

ask @defenestrated

Spoiler

Original post by zanner
everyone speaks sick received pronounciation

i talk like a yorkshire chav with terrible dialect that no one understands, its soooooo bad but its who i am :biggrin:

ask @defenestrated

Spoiler

I love the Yorkshire accent. :biggrin:

Aw that is so sad, how did you lose it?
Wait you didn't know?! It is a cool museum. I do apologise for the bad experimece you had of our town, I can assure you we are not all weirdos. That sounds creepy and so scary.

no lmao! however there is an erotica museum in barcelona which i fully intend on visiting :colone:

haha i hope not!
luckily my friend was in bedford that night with his mates and they put me up for the night.
i was on my way back from a music video shoot and i just wanted to sleeeeeep :frown:
Reply 151
I love the Yorkshire accent. :biggrin:

its not even traditional yorkshire either its so weird lol

plus i sound like a croaky, raspy frog which probs kills it

thanks tho :biggrin:
Original post by shawtyb
no lmao! however there is an erotica museum in barcelona which i fully intend on visiting :colone:

haha i hope not!
luckily my friend was in bedford that night with his mates and they put me up for the night.
i was on my way back from a music video shoot and i just wanted to sleeeeeep :frown:

Aw. Have you ever been to Luton? They hate us down there lol.

Original post by Azhar Rana
Wow, that great! English is such a beautiful language :colondollar:

Are you serious? :tongue:
Original post by Indeterminate
And a (very) little taster :colondollar:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0n4TGI6ljee

Good evening to you too bhaijaan :biggrin:
I don't really have an accent. I pronounce things clearly and correctly (as per the North) when sober but when drunk my accent gets pretty strongly North Western.
Guess.

It would be so cool if you could speak it, you would get a good job. Can you understand it if someone speaks it to you?

Original post by zanner
its not even traditional yorkshire either its so weird lol

plus i sound like a croaky, raspy frog which probs kills it

thanks tho :biggrin:

It is still cool. I sound posh when my cousins from Yorkshire come down, but people from Yorkshire are so friendly from the way they speak.
Original post by uberteknik
Guess.

Glaswegian.
Scottish :h:
Reply 159
It is still cool. I sound posh when my cousins from Yorkshire come down, but people from Yorkshire are so friendly from the way they speak.

whenever i go down south to my cousins they sound so posh its like 'how do u talk so properly without putting a voice on'

i like received pronunciation tbh but i can put on a v good posh voice so its all gud bc my mum is from down south so shes posh toooo

Quick Reply

Latest