The Student Room Group

Why do south Asian parents hate black guys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There are a variety of reasons I assume. One is due to numerous negative stereotypes associated with black people, but surely one cannot believe a stereotype is representative of all or even a majority of black people.

Another reason is due to a culture clash, but being in an interracial relationship doesn't mean you have to personally lose your cultural roots. I am black British with Caribbean roots and I have been with an Indian girl for 2 years (her parents don't know). Should we procreate in the future we will raise our children with knowledge of both of their cultural roots and teach them about both my beliefs as a Christian and her beliefs as a Hindu. When they grow up they can choose which religion they wish to be (if any religion at all.) What matters more is that my children are genuinely good people who can be proud to be British and proud of both their roots.

Lastly, I would say pure ignorance on their part is an almighty reason. The unwillingness to accept that their are genuinely good hard working black people out their who would make admirable and quality partners for their children despite any culture clashes. The fact some are so stuck in their ways that they are blind to the actual character of a person and can't see past race.

Btw, although a significant proportion are like this, please be aware not all South Asian parents hold these views . My cousin is happily married to an Indian girl and they have 2 beautiful children and he never had any trouble from her parents.
Reply 41
Original post by Kamsarju
Black people are hated by ALL other races. Mostly because of fear and jealousy. I am not surprised she said this. I got some racism directed at me from Asian kids - Pakistanis and Bangladeshis when I was at school (I am mixed African and Indian from the Caribbean).

Having said that I personally don't hold any ill will towards anyone. I just don't understand the racism at all. The Chinese are probably the worst for it as they don't even like Chinese people who are darker skinned. I have no respect for people like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol you are actually more or less the same mix as me I believe (I self identify as black just to make life easier.) It's so rare to find someone who is mixed Afro and Indo-Caribbean. Which part of the Caribbean are you from?
Original post by SubZero~
No, lol. Just because one girl comes along with supposedly everything I'd look for in a girl, doesn't mean I'll lose happiness? I'm sure I'll be able to find someone similar to me and what not and be happy. You're taking things out of context, kind of!

What if you never find someone that made you as happy as the girl your parents don't like? :frown:
Original post by Bealzibub
I'm white and as a parent (say in 10 years), I'd be pissed off too if my son/daughter brought home a black woman/man or anyone non Caucasian for that matter.

Why would anyone want to destroy their lineage/bloodline?

Because they're in love and couldnt care less about skin colour?
and what is your opinion on Roadmen?

lmao
Original post by KaMingy
I assume when you say South Asian - you mean Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.?

I'm Chinese and my parents don't think highly of Black people, which perhaps could be that blacks were known to be slaves in the past (meaning no offence), and asian culture is quite mostly around money and success. My sister has a best friend who is black and my parents get annoyed when she brings her over.

I wouldn't know why they they are like this, but maybe its down to culture. For me, I don't really care about someone's race.

You are delusional if you believe this
My parents would respond "we are duh chinese. 5000 year history"
which is pretty funny to be honest,
Original post by cherryred90s
What if you never find someone that made you as happy as the girl your parents don't like? :frown:

Guess I'll grow old alone. That's actually really upsetting to even think about. Stop taking things to new levels, please. :c
Original post by ftsoft
I was talking to this hot south Asian girl at my sixth form, and i told her to hook me up with some girls. She was telling how if she brought a black guy home her parents would be pissed. Why is that?/

Some traditional parents still believe in the cast system. :sigh:

Its sad in the society we live in. :frown: #feelsbadman
Guess I'll grow old alone. That's actually really upsetting to even think about. Stop taking things to new levels, please. :c

Okay :frown:
Original post by cherryred90s
Okay :frown:

Are you Asian and concerned about this? Kind of guessing due to the sad faces. ;-; PM if you need!
Original post by KaMingy

I'm Chinese and my parents don't think highly of Black people, which perhaps could be that blacks were known to be slaves in the past (meaning no offence), and asian culture is quite mostly around money and success. My sister has a best friend who is black and my parents get annoyed when she brings her over.

I wouldn't know why they they are like this, but maybe its down to culture. For me, I don't really care about someone's race.

:wtf: ... BRAAAAAAAAH, do you even GCSE Geography? :lol:

South Asian = Indian, Pakistani, Afghanistan, Bengali.
East Asian = Chinese, Japanese etc.
Original post by KaMingy

No, that's East Asia. South Asia is India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Worst geography ever.

evidence of A* in GCSE Geography. :laugh: :shot: @that guy's message.
Reply 54

no u will not theres millions of girls on this planet theres gotta be one girl who is as good as the one ur parents don't like
i don't believe in "the one" concept :P
My asian parent doesnt care who i bring back, my happiness and wellbeing is the most important factor, black brown yellow she dont care
Original post by MevMev
no u will not theres millions of girls on this planet theres gotta be one girl who is as good as the one ur parents don't like
i don't believe in "the one" concept :P

I know, right?! I believe I'll find the right girl for me in time who's within the bounds of my religion/culture/cast. I kind of get demoralised when people ask really weird and upsetting questions such as:

Original post by ftsoft
So your willing to sacrifice you happiness for your family?
Because black men aren't seen as the most successful kind in the eyes of asian's. They see them as inferior, as history shows.
If my parents cared about me they wouldn't tell me who I can and can't be with if I'm in love with said person. I'm sorry but they'll have to take the high road because it's my life and not theirs. Lol I don't know why all of you let your parents control you like you're still 15 when you're actually 20 - 25. I guess I'm just rebellious. I'm not subservient.
Are you Asian and concerned about this? Kind of guessing due to the sad faces. ;-; PM if you need!

Nope, I'm black :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending