The Student Room Group

What accent do you speak with?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Yeah grammar is a piss take lol. I study English Language at A Level and it is so boring.

I know, I attended some classes for AS English, and left after two days :tongue:. I didn't left because it was boring, but it requires a lot of writing and writing.
Original post by zanner
idek both seem fine to me but i'd probably say scone idkkkk

whats the right way omg?

There is no right way haha. It depends on the accent. Scon is how people with RP would say it tbh.
Original post by Azhar Rana
I know, I attended some classes for AS English, and left after two days :tongue:. I didn't left because it was boring, but it requires a lot of writing and writing.

Really? I find it is more technical than demanding for writing.
Reply 183
Original post by Katty3
Scone to rhyme with gone.

There is no right way haha. It depends on the accent. Scon is how people with RP would say it tbh.

both seem fine to me i should ask my mum some time see what she says
I speak with Recieived Pronunciation but everyone else I know speaks in fluent Roadman accent.
It is pretty **** and dire. I have yet to speak to a Lutonian on here.

well youv spoken to someone from n.hants now :smile:
Original post by caitlinford3
Geordie:h:

Geordie accent is my faves.
Original post by zanner
both seem fine to me i should ask my mum some time see what she says

She might say scon lol. I find it weird how people have different accents sometimes.

Original post by shawtyb
well youv spoken to someone from n.hants now :smile:

Haha yeah. What is Northampton like as a place?
I can hear the Brummie accent in my head now.

LMAOOOO i promise you, my accent isnt bad or very brummie like haha
Really? I find it is more technical than demanding for writing.

Great, I tend to focus more on writing lol :biggrin:
Reply 190
She might say scon lol. I find it weird how people have different accents sometimes.

i acc asked her she said scon but she wont kill me for saying scone

you're acc right looool

Haha yeah. What is Northampton like as a place?

northampton itself is crap! most shops shut or shutting down but corby is amazing! its been branded the fastest growing town in the county.
Original post by AthiaKarim
LMAOOOO i promise you, my accent isnt bad or very brummie like haha

I find the accent quite entertaining, like the people are funny and loads of comedians are from there.

Great, I tend to focus more on writing lol :biggrin:

Aw like what?

Original post by zanner
i acc asked her she said scon but she wont kill me for saying scone

you're acc right looool

Us RP speakers stick together:tongue:

Original post by shawtyb
northampton itself is crap! most shops shut or shutting down but corby is amazing! its been branded the fastest growing town in the county.

Oh wow. Do you have a decent night life or shopping centres? Milton Keynes is quite good.
I've been told I'm closer to a neutral accent more than anything else. Although every now and then I can sound like a real brummie (yes I live in Birmingham).
I find the accent quite entertaining, like the people are funny and loads of comedians are from there.

Aw like what?

Us RP speakers stick together:tongue:

Oh wow. Do you have a decent night life or shopping centres? Milton Keynes is quite good.

I usually think on how to improve the overall body of the paragraph. I like creative writing, so yeah. Because language is all about creativity.
A mix between RP, Somerset and Bristolian.
I dunno... RP with some other stuff mixed in? :dontknow:
I usually think on how to improve the overall body of the paragraph. I like creative writing, so yeah. Because language is all about creativity.

I love creative writing. What do you write?
GEORDIE (master race) accent
Original post by shawtyb

Haha, I know someone from Kettering who slags Corby off to death. I guess you all probably say the same about them.

He says your all plastic jocks.:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest