The Student Room Group

Unicorn's Kingdom MKII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
It's cheaper than KCL. :yy:

Yep , and I got rejected from KCL :P
They liked me at 1st but I could not lie about my failure , then they threw me away :3
Reply 341
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Yep , and I got rejected from KCL :P
They liked me at 1st but I could not lie about my failure , then they threw me away :3

You were a "reçu-collé" or didn't get the mean marks?
Original post by Josb
You were a "reçu-collé" or didn't get the mean marks?

Reçue-collée. But KCL said they could not accept someone who failed before - which I understand of course - but I still applied because I know a friend who failed like me in France , and were eligible for KCL. It was 7 years ago tho , I suppose it's different today
Reçue-collée. But KCL said they could not accept someone who failed before - which I understand of course - but I still applied because I know a friend who failed like me in France , and were eligible for KCL. It was 7 years ago tho , I suppose it's different today

The standards keep going up over time. Not because there's any real need, but because the competition for medical school places is also going up, so they need some way to reduce the number of applications that they have to sift through. Certain medical schools (*cough* UCL *cough*) don't even accept re-applications from people who've met all the necessary criteria (grades, not failed a previous university course, etc.) but failed to get an offer after being interviewed the first time...
Reply 344

Harsh. Prague is a nice city, and the university is very nice and old.

Original post by Hydeman
The standards keep going up over time. Not because there's any real need, but because the competition for medical school places is also going up, so they need some way to reduce the number of applications that they have to sift through.

Yep you told me about it !

Original post by Hydeman

Certain medical schools (*cough* UCL *cough*) don't even accept re-applications from people who've met all the necessary criteria (grades, not failed a previous university course, etc.) but failed to get an offer after being interviewed the first time...

Really ?? Well the selection is real :eek: (medicine medicine .. :innocent: )
Original post by Josb
Harsh. Prague is a nice city, and the university is very nice and old.

Indeed :/

Ouiiii :3 nice pic :ahee:

Btw are you living in UK ? Studying ? Working ? Why did you leave France ?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 346

Btw are you leaving in UK ? Studying ? Working ? Why did you leave France ?

Spoiler

It's impossible to find a job, so I left and now work in the UK, albeit I now have to look for another job since my contract has sadly come to an end.
Btw are you leaving in UK ? Studying ? Working ? Why did you leave France ?

Living*. :smile:
Original post by Josb
It's impossible to find a job, so I left and now work in the UK, albeit I now have to look for another job since my contract has sadly come to an end.

I see ! I wish you best luck for that :yep:
Original post by Hydeman
Living*. :smile:

Sorry ! And thank you <3
Original post by Josb

Sanglant britannique, venir ici et de prendre nos emplois français. :grumble:

I see ! I wish you best luck for that :yep:

The edit reason. :rofl:
Reply 351
Original post by Hydeman

Google translate approves this message.
Original post by Josb
Google translate approves this message.

Do I get an A for effort? :awesome:

Edit: You sneakily edited the French-ified 'approuve.' :pierre:
Original post by Hydeman

Hahaha !
Don't blame my fellow french you know the french education system is crap and that Hollande-the-duck sucks :cry2:

Original post by Hydeman

The edit reason. :rofl:

Hehehe :3
Reply 354
Original post by Hydeman
Do I get an A for effort? :awesome:

Edit: You sneakily edited the French-ified 'approuve.' :pierre:

No. :biggrin:

Yeah, Chrome mixes language dictionaries, it's annoying.
Original post by Hydeman
French-ified

Hahahaha
Hahaha !
Don't blame my fellow french you know the french education system is crap and that Hollande-the-duck sucks :cry2:

Your university system is crap. Your school system is probably better, whatever Hollande-the-duck's other faults, of which there are many. xD

Original post by Josb
No. :biggrin:

So mean. :frown:
Original post by Hydeman
Your university system is crap. Your school system is probably better, whatever Hollande-the-duck's other faults, of which there are many. xD

better than uni system ? FOR SURE
Better than UK ? Mmmh Idk , I still think we have a crap system

Original post by Hydeman

So mean. :frown:

I'd give you an A :console:
Reply 358
Hahaha !

Our great President François II had however said that he would tackle unemployment. Unfortunately, his exhausting inactivity has not been rewarded. Apparently, nobody said to him that words are not enough to create jobs.

Nonetheless, I have no doubt that the Honourable members of the Opposition, who have spent four years debating and elaborating a strong set of reforms, will succeed in making France great again.
better than uni system ? FOR SURE
Better than UK ? Mmmh Idk , I still think we have a crap system

Take it from somebody who went to a state comprehensive -- most likely not. xD

I'd give you an A :console:

I shall bribe thank you with rep! (:colone:)

Quick Reply

Latest