The Student Room Group

The astonishing vestigial hard right hatred of gay people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mojojojo101
Surprised you left this one out:

Seriously, what the **** is that about...

Yeah, I didn't really understand what they meant by 4 legged insects? And if the legs are joined you can eat them? What do they mean by joined? So the insect with 2 legs? 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Dunno. I mean..hell sounds pretty badass.

Sex drugs and rock n roll whilst in a state of eternal damnation. Sounds like a standard friday night followed by morning hangover.
The point is, that in the Quran there are verses contradicting what IS is doing so that's not the point. A fanatic takes everything in and interprets it at face value ie no critical thinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Why isn't conversion "works"?
Well, he fed them whilst knowing he would ALSO give them salvation. People such as you or I aren't capable of certainty in bringing others salvation, which is why you should focus on it with all your ability should you want to prevent greater suffering.

Not really answering my question of why your beliefs are true and theirs aren't...
Anyway, faith in Jesus as the son of God is not a free pass to heaven, one needs to also avoid sin. Surely you should know that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Salvation does not come from the effort of man, it comes by the Holy Spirit and the action of God alone. It's true that we can preach the Gospel, but only God can draw a person to him. That is how I became a Christian. I just became compelled, almost to go into a Baptist church in my hometown, sit through a service not really understanding any of it in my heart then after the service one of the ladies came up to me, sat with me and told me about Jesus. I believed in Jesus and was forgiven of my sin at that moment. I was right with God.

You don't understand Christianity. If you believe in Jesus and repent then you receive his 'righteousness' so to speak, credited to you. So when God sees you he 'sees' Jesus, if that makes any sense. Obviously we still sin sometimes but the holy spirit gives us strength to stop that happening. We repent of our sin and then God forgives us
Why did your God make me gay? And if you tell me it's a test, what did I ever do at such a young age to deserve it? Does God not want me to love? Does he want me to repress my desires and force myself to be with a woman, despite every fibre of my being having no attraction to one?
Original post by hezzlington

Sex drugs and rock n roll whilst in a state of eternal damnation. Sounds like a standard friday night followed by morning hangover.

I don't know what version of hell that is but it's not the one in my Bible :rofl:

Hell sounds like a horrible place tbh

Lol what? You're not going to get accustomed to your body scorching from the fire. Anyway, those are all children's stories. I pity those that believe in such things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Lol what? You're not going to get accustomed to your body scorching from the fire. Anyway, those are all children's stories. I pity those that believe in such things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the way it burns. :sexface:
Original post by Miracle Day
Why did your God make me gay? And if you tell me it's a test, what did I ever do at such a young age to deserve it? Does God not want me to love? Does he want me to repress my desires and force myself to be with a woman, despite every fibre of my being having no attraction to one?

I cannot answer that. My own personal opinion is that God must love diversity, but that's just my own opinion. The official Christian answer would be that homosexuality is one of those biological quirks, much like redhairedness, that just happened.

I don't know why God made you gay because I'm not you and I don't have your relationship with God. That is for you to find out. What I do know is that he wants none to perish but all to come to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
I don't mean to prod you but is there any possibility you might be able to make a sub-thread if you're going to get into a long theological debate, otherwise it makes it difficult for people who want to talk about the OP comment to follow their conversations on that topic

My apologies; of course.
If God loves diversity, explain the events of Sodom and Gamorrah?

Can I ask what you believe happens to homosexuals? Do you think the majority of us living this lifestyle are damned?
I like the way it burns. :sexface:

Burns your dick off and you ooze blood for all of eternity 😂. Some how you become a magical being with an endless supply of blood and skin to be burnt and tortured 😂. I can't believe that people believe this crap 😂
Original post by Miracle Day
If God loves diversity, explain the events of Sodom and Gamorrah?

Can I ask what you believe happens to homosexuals? Do you think the majority of us living this lifestyle are damned?

Miracle Day, would you like to continue this conversation via PM's? I think we are detracting from the original thread subject quite a bit here
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Yep, obviously totally reasonable to claim that nobody likes people, that they have no real friendships with heterosexuals and are widely despised. Totally reasonable to say that people are indifferent to ISIS killing gay people :rolleyes:

It is extremely revealing about you, though.

What a remarkably douchey comment. One of the people executed for homosexuality, a 15 year old boy, was executed because he had been raped (by an ISIS commander). Many others have been executed because they are brought in for questioning for something else and their phones are searched, or when one gay person is captured and tortured they find out who his friends and ex-boyfriends are.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your vacuous assertion that this must have something to do with deviant gay people being unable to control themselves

You shouldn't confuse your own experiences in the lower-class with the situation in society generally. Things are rather different amongst people with education and accomplishment, people close to the nerve of power. Sexuality is considered completely irrelevant amongst such people, though I can understand how in lower socio-economic groups it may take some time for you to catch up

I'm sorry to say we're already part of the core group. Entry to that group is dictated by education, professional accomplishment and money. You seem upset by it but you really have to bring yourself to deal with reality.

Ohh sassy.
I'm glad you think my opinion on one issue encompasses me as a person.

So I'm decidedly lower class and uneducated, and it's just other lower class peasants like myself that act like this. That's really something, it made me laugh.

It's really not, people prefer other people that are similar to themselves. It's a evolutionary thing, it's social Darwinism, we most want the people genetically similar to ourselves to succeed over those that are different. Because it means our genetics are better, it's called the selfish gene theory. Being so high and lordly I suspect you know this already............ it encompasses everything. Not just sexual preference and race. It's why you care about your immediate family above others.

The societal I model I speak of works similarly, homosexuals are different. They just are, people see difference as competition. Those that deny it are simply not self aware enough to realize it or outright lying.

Don't know why I bother, I doubt you care lol. I'll just go back to working the fields in my rags like a dutiful peasant.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Yeah, I didn't really understand what they meant by 4 legged insects? And if the legs are joined you can eat them? What do they mean by joined? So the insect with 2 legs? 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

By joined I kinda assumed it meant jointed as in possessing a joint, like a knee, in otherwise, pretty much every leg in the natural world.

I think 4 legged insects is one of those wierd Christian things like being adamant that whales and frogs are fish because they live in water.
I would consider you hateful more than anything. If your religion has caused you to think that anyone who doesn't believe in Christ is going to hell (pretty extreme), that the death penalty should be allowed and that abortion and same sex marriage should be illegal, it's pretty sad really. Quite ironic that you also say you try to 'contribute to the community'...'Love thy neighbour', just as long as your neighbour isn't gay, non-religious, someone who drinks alcohol or a woman who believes in abortion. You should pray to your God that you can overcome all your prejudices.
Original post by TheTechN1304
I would consider you hateful more than anything. If your religion has caused you to think that anyone who doesn't believe in Christ is going to hell (pretty extreme), that the death penalty should be allowed and that abortion and same sex marriage should be illegal, it's pretty sad really. Quite ironic that you also say you try to 'contribute to the community'...'Love thy neighbour', just as long as your neighbour isn't gay, non-religious, someone who drinks alcohol or a woman who believes in abortion. You should pray to your God that you can overcome all your prejudices.

Believing it isn't the same as wanting it, I doubt very much this 'angryredhead' wants others to go to hell. According to a religion dictated to her/him it's matter of fact, along with all the other things, it seems a little harsh and unfair to make it look as though the poster made the religion this way or secretly enjoys believing these things by calling this person hateful. Also note that Jesus wants Christians to love everyone, regardless of their (alleged) transgressions.

Sure angryredhead believes you and I are going to hell, but unlike Muslims, she doesn't feel the need to send us there. Priorities, we should focus on the more immediate issues lol. And to be honest even as an atheist I actually agree slightly, I believe in civil unions between same sex couples that are binding and lawful, equal to that of marriage.

But marriage is a religious institution, it's exclusive by it's very nature. In that sense I am against gay marriage, also abortion, lest it compromise the mothers health.
Original post by TheTechN1304

I dont know what paragraph you just read but it wasnt the one I wrote. I dont hate anybody because hatred is a sin. My religion says that people who dont repent go to hell, I do not.
LOL the far right are racist and homophobic? Who'd have thought that??
Original post by Multiculturalism
LOL the far right are racist and homophobic? Who'd have thought that??

Some on the left are too. I seen you drop a racist generalisation about white people the other day, which is proof that people on the left can be racist too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending