The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inava
what is the night life like?

Following from what Queen Cersei said, it is for the most part cheap and (very, very) cheerful. If you want a classier sort of place, there's a few bars down at Bedford Place, but I don't think people go there when on a student budget... :tongue:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by University of Southampton
Please post any of your questions here

Are there any required things I should do for applying for the bursary after I send my application for the tuition fee loan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
is anyone studying psychology 2016???
Reply 43
Hi,

I applied for commonwealth shared scholarship to the University of Southampton. I have accepted my unconditional offer and I have been sent my CAS details. My ID is 28872487, please what is the status of my application?
Original post by horse.jojo
well they say something about choosing from a menu but I don't have this :/ I am a little confused :/

Hi, click here for complete information about the process and a link to the website where you can submit your application.

Original post by Akshay.V
Hello! I have just received my offer (conditional) for MSc Risk Management, starting this September. I am an international student and was wondering as to when exactly do I register for accommodation. Should I wait until I get an unconditional offer ( which would be in July) or do I register for it right away ?

Hi - you can apply for accommodation as soon as you have received an offer, conditional or not: click here to begin.

Original post by Tunde20
Hi, I applied for commonwealth shared scholarship to the University of Southampton. I have accepted my unconditional offer and I have been sent my CAS details. My ID is 28872487, please what is the status of my application?

Hi - please contact the Student Services Centre directly for information about your scholarship application. You can reach them via email: [email protected] or phone: +44 (0)23 8059 9599.

Original post by horse.jojo
Are there any required things I should do for applying for the bursary after I send my application for the tuition fee loan?

Hi - please contact the Student Services Centre directly for information about bursary applications. You can reach them via email: [email protected] or phone: +44 (0)23 8059 9599.
Hi when should we expect to get a response for the accomodation applications? thanks.
Reply 46
Original post by alexhughes73
Hi when should we expect to get a response for the accomodation applications? thanks.

I think they accept applications till the 1st of August, and they don't allocate accommodation till end of August or beginning of September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an Irish student hoping to study Adult Nursing, whats the best accommodation to apply for that is near the Highfield campus?
Original post by alexhughes73

Hi, accommodation applications are open until 1 August and the offer period usually takes place between mid-August and early September.
You can visit our website for a full break down of the process, from start to finish.

We hope this helps.
Reply 49

When is the deadline for applying for accommodation 2016?
Reply 50
Anyone else accepted an offer for aerospace engineering here?
Hi, I was wondering if you can apply for accommodation for Southampton with it being your insurance choice?I'm a bit worried, because I feel like I'll more likely than not end up at Southampton, as the entry for my firm is higher than I think I'm capable of getting. I chose it anyway, as it has a placement year for my course, and also for location sakes, but I would still love Southampton if I don't make it into my firm choice. So either way, I don't really mind. My issue is, though, I read that you're only guaranteed halls if you apply before the 1st of August, which is before results day. I really want to stay in halls, and don't really wish to rent privately. If I only get to apply on results day, what's the likelihood of my getting accommodation in halls? If there's a good chance, what halls would it be?

Thanks
Reply 52

Which halls would you recommend if most of my lecture/class time will be spent at Avenue Campus? I would be looking for self-catered.
I have looked at the website, but was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience of being a humanities student at Southampton.
Reply 53

What is the university's policy on transferring courses? I have firmed Southampton for electronic engineering but have been having doubts. Would it possible to switch to aerospace, assuming that I get the required grades, and if so, how might I go about doing this?
Reply 54

Good afternoon! I sent in my application via UCAS this morning to the course G1F3, it allowed me to do that and I had previously looked at the course. However, when I went to check on your website a few minutes ago and searched the code, the weblink says there's a 404 error, and I now see two other similar courses but with different codes. What's happening? What should I do?
Reply 55
Original post by RJW1
What is the university's policy on transferring courses? I have firmed Southampton for electronic engineering but have been having doubts. Would it possible to switch to aerospace, assuming that I get the required grades, and if so, how might I go about doing this?

yeaaaaaaaah aerospace crew

Good luck switching over
Original post by annaj97
When is the deadline for applying for accommodation 2016?

Hi, the deadline for accommodation applications is 1 August.

Original post by annieprincess
Hi, I was wondering if you can apply for accommodation for Southampton with it being your insurance choice?I'm a bit worried, because I feel like I'll more likely than not end up at Southampton, as the entry for my firm is higher than I think I'm capable of getting. I chose it anyway, as it has a placement year for my course, and also for location sakes, but I would still love Southampton if I don't make it into my firm choice. So either way, I don't really mind. My issue is, though, I read that you're only guaranteed halls if you apply before the 1st of August, which is before results day. I really want to stay in halls, and don't really wish to rent privately. If I only get to apply on results day, what's the likelihood of my getting accommodation in halls? If there's a good chance, what halls would it be?

Thanks

Hi, your application must be made before the deadline on 1 August to guarantee you a place in halls in the event that you come to study at the University, but submitting it does not lock you into anything.
On Results Day, if it emerges that you will be joining us, we will process your application and your place will be guaranteed. If not, we will be informed and your place in halls will simply be allocated to another student.
We recommend that you submit an application for accommodation as soon as possible.

Original post by annaj97
Which halls would you recommend if most of my lecture/class time will be spent at Avenue Campus? I would be looking for self-catered.
I have looked at the website, but was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience of being a humanities student at Southampton.

Hi, in terms of proximity, Highfield Halls are the closest to Avenue campus. However, these are relatively small and often in high demand, so this is worth considering when you apply.
All of our Halls of Residence benefit from close and direct access to the dedicated Unilink bus network, and first year students are given a pass for the duration of the year. Buses run regularly and schedules are based around typical lecture periods in term time - as a general rule of thumb, you will never be more than a maximum of 20 minutes away from your destination. Once they have arrived, the vast majority of current students agree that choosing halls where you feel you can live comfortably is more important than immediate proximity to campus!

Original post by RJW1

Hi, course transfers are possible, but handled on a case-by-case basis by the faculty in question; we recommend that you contact them directly. For more information, please email our Admissions team: [email protected]

Original post by Munii
Good afternoon! I sent in my application via UCAS this morning to the course G1F3, it allowed me to do that and I had previously looked at the course. However, when I went to check on your website a few minutes ago and searched the code, the weblink says there's a 404 error, and I now see two other similar courses but with different codes. What's happening? What should I do?

Hi, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will follow up with the web team to rectify. In the meantime, please contact the faculty admissions team directly with your application details to hand, they will be able to help clarify.
Tel: +44 (0)23 8059 4746
Email: [email protected]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Hi,

Do you know if there are visit days for postgraduate courses?

Thanks
How big are the business school postgrad classes? I've heard complaints that there's not much contact time due to size
Reply 59
Hi,

I have received an offer for MSc Sustainable Energy Technologies. Which hall accommodation is more suitable?
Anyone else applied for this postgrad course and applying for accommodation?

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending