The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Anyone applied for any postgrad course at the dept of civil engineering?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BiBLN
Hey guys.. It's me again :biggrin:

Do you know how high the fees are, especially for general structural engineering.. I found 9k for the MSc in concrete structure. And when i follow the tuition fee link, it says 15.750 pound for the MSc's of the civil engineering department . So I am a little bit confused. 16 k is crazy.. i think i remember it was about 10 k for general structrual eng. I hope it still is.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/fees-and-funding/tuition-fees/2016-17/taught-postgraduate-programmes/faculty-of-engineering/

£11k for all courses in the civil engineering department except for Systems engineering and innovation, which is almost 16k.

So yes, for structural engineering, it would be 11k.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Hey,

I applied for the Msc Environmental Engineering with Business Management on March 9th and received an offer yesterday. They were pretty quick to respond however maybe they gave me a response quick because I am an international student and I informed them that I have a deadline to apply for a scholarship. This is because an offer letter is required in order to apply for the scholarship.

Is there anyone else who has applied for this course? I also applied to Delft Uni of Technology in the Netherlands and received an offer for that as well. I am actually torn between the two, as both unis are ranked no 5 in the world for civil engineering. However Delft is 2yrs and Imperial is only 1yr. Kinda worried about the intensity of the course at Imperial :frown:
Anyone else had a response?
I phoned asking for a hurry up last week, which was apparently noted- still nothing though.
It's such a drawn out process- not enjoying the waiting very much, I seem to be refreshing my emails with increasing regularity.
Reply 23
Original post by aaron199419
Anyone else had a response?
I phoned asking for a hurry up last week, which was apparently noted- still nothing though.
It's such a drawn out process- not enjoying the waiting very much, I seem to be refreshing my emails with increasing regularity.

Heey aaron. yeah, NO still nothing new for me either.. now it pisses me off a little bit.. even if they reject me.. just damn, let me know, man! however, my application page changed marginally.. the column on the first page with 'year of entry' changed to 'year of admission or programme start' but the date remained the same. '2016/2017'.. this happend 4 days ago..

But STILL NOTHING.

I hope they keep their promise with end of april.. Let me know if your page changed too and if I get anything, I will post it here too.
Original post by BiBLN
Heey aaron. yeah, NO still nothing new for me either.. now it pisses me off a little bit.. even if they reject me.. just damn, let me know, man! however, my application page changed marginally.. the column on the first page with 'year of entry' changed to 'year of admission or programme start' but the date remained the same. '2016/2017'.. this happend 4 days ago..

But STILL NOTHING.

I hope they keep their promise with end of april.. Let me know if your page changed too and if I get anything, I will post it here too.

Yes, my application page says that too- but I couldn't be sure if it hadn't always been that way! (and I don't want to read too much into that anyway)
I'm very tempted to phone again- but I don't like to be a nuisance (and it's not the poor receptionists' fault!).
They seem to forget that most other Universities are giving responses within ~5 weeks, which makes decision making a bit tricky, what with deadlines.
Hey guys not applying for civil engineering dept here, but hoping I can put you guys at ease.
I applied for Metals and Energy finance (shared between business school and earth sciences) with all references confirmed on the 8th of December and received my offer on the 10th of February after a little over 8 weeks! So don't fret if you're application hasn't been processed within 6 weeks, they tend to overshoot a little, they will get back to you.
Reply 26
Yes, my application page says that too- but I couldn't be sure if it hadn't always been that way! (and I don't want to read too much into that anyway)
I'm very tempted to phone again- but I don't like to be a nuisance (and it's not the poor receptionists' fault!).
They seem to forget that most other Universities are giving responses within ~5 weeks, which makes decision making a bit tricky, what with deadlines.

yeah i would say wait till end of april and then try to call them. I will call them too, if i didnt get any response by then.

just keep on waiting. be patient. you are not alone :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Oilfreak1
Hey guys not applying for civil engineering dept here, but hoping I can put you guys at ease.
I applied for Metals and Energy finance (shared between business school and earth sciences) with all references confirmed on the 8th of December and received my offer on the 10th of February after a little over 8 weeks! So don't fret if you're application hasn't been processed within 6 weeks, they tend to overshoot a little, they will get back to you.

heey thanks for letting us know.. :biggrin:

yeah they overshoot a "little bit" :biggrin: i am waiting for 12 weeks now, since my appliciation was submitted on mid january..

we have to wait.. no news are not bad news. :biggrin: i just hope after all that, we get positive responses.
Anyone heard anything? getting towards the end of April now- almost 16 weeks since application submission :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
Anyone heard anything? getting towards the end of April now- almost 16 weeks since application submission :/

OF COURSE NOT :eek3: smh
Reply 30
mhmm .. may someone tell me who i have to call to ask when i get my damn results.. its 4 months now.. the admission team for engineering or the department?
Reply 31
Hey guys,

I received a conditional offer for the MSc in General Structural Engineering. Has anyone received an unconditional offer? it seems they only give unconditional offers to the ones that finished their undergraduate studies.
Original post by BiBLN
mhmm .. may someone tell me who i have to call to ask when i get my damn results.. its 4 months now.. the admission team for engineering or the department?

Ring the post-graduate admissions for the engineering dept. and they will put you through to the civil engineering adm.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/apply/contact/
Have you Applicant number to hand.

I rang on Friday and was told nothing except that it was still being considered.
smh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Itamar8
Hey guys,

I received a conditional offer for the MSc in General Structural Engineering. Has anyone received an unconditional offer? it seems they only give unconditional offers to the ones that finished their undergraduate studies.

Congrats!
yes, I would think unconditional offers will only go to graduates.
Reply 34
Ring the post-graduate admissions for the engineering dept. and they will put you through to the civil engineering adm.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/apply/contact/
Have you Applicant number to hand.

I rang on Friday and was told nothing except that it was still being considered.
smh.

thanks. yeah she said the same to me too. :biggrin: well, lets still hope for the best
Applicant to the Computing Department here. My references were confirmed February 1st, not a single word to date..
hey guys im curious any of you received offers yet?
Reply 37
Hey have you been called for an interview? I had applied for MSc Concrete Structures and have been called for interview. Do you have any idea how is it like?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Hey did u face an interview? How was it like? I have applied for MSc Concrete structures and have been called for interview.
After phoning the admissions (more than once!)- I've just had an offer through for hydrology/water management, subject to paying a deposit :smile:
Now it's to find accommodation that totals under 10k for the year... eek.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending