The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tsr_sleuth
Lincoln's BPTC Scholarships out.

Got myself a Lord Denning :smile: Thrilled!

Congratulations! Was this result told via email?
Original post by preabogada
Congratulations! Was this result told via email?

Indeed it was. Formal letter to follow.
Original post by tsr_sleuth
Lincoln's BPTC Scholarships out.

Got myself a Lord Denning :smile: Thrilled!

Congrats! What time did you receive your email, if you don't mind me asking? And was it from Judith? Still haven't heard anything myself :s-smilie:
Original post by SAhmed95
Congrats! What time did you receive your email, if you don't mind me asking? And was it from Judith? Still haven't heard anything myself :s-smilie:

Yes from Judith around 2pm. I hope it's not bad news for you, good luck!
For those who were successful in getting Gray's Inn scholarships, the shortlist for residential scholar interviews went out last night.
Hey guys, long term lurker, first time poster.

Does anyone know the procedure for getting a deferral from Middle Temple? I understand that the other Inns stipulate one must have an exceptional circumstance but can't find anything from MT.
Also, does anyone know the same for the BPTC at BPP and if a deferral affects their scholarships?
Original post by Murphy39
For those who were successful in getting Gray's Inn scholarships, the shortlist for residential scholar interviews went out last night.

Do you have any idea how many they're interviewing? For some reason, I was labouring under the impression that all applicants who received awards would be interviewed but I was obviously wrong. It'd be nice to know what our odds are.
Original post by Cast.Iron
Do you have any idea how many they're interviewing? For some reason, I was labouring under the impression that all applicants who received awards would be interviewed but I was obviously wrong. It'd be nice to know what our odds are.

They only interview the people who applied for a residential scholarship and were successful in getting a BPTC scholarship. I'm afraid I don't know how many they are interviewing but I know there are 4 places in the flat.
Reply 948
Has anyone heard anything from Senate House?
Has anyone heard anything back from 4KBW Chambers of Lawrence Power since 1st interviews at all? At interview they mentioned that we would hear by the end of that week/ early last week, chambers then said by the end of last week and we are almost nearing the end of this week and still not a peep.
Original post by Gettothebar
Has anyone heard anything back from 4KBW Chambers of Lawrence Power since 1st interviews at all? At interview they mentioned that we would hear by the end of that week/ early last week, chambers then said by the end of last week and we are almost nearing the end of this week and still not a peep.

I have not heard anything from them either. Unfortunately, I have already assumed it is a rejection given that I heard about some silent rejections post first round before from them.
Original post by Pupillagebound
I have not heard anything from them either. Unfortunately, I have already assumed it is a rejection given that I heard about some silent rejections post first round before from them.

Oddly enough, I got a rejection letter from them a couple of days ago following my first round interview. My 'first round interview' was last September.
Original post by Gettothebar

This is surprising. I would have thought that a set that offers a first six pupillage only for essentially no money would have been a bastion of administrative efficiency.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
This is surprising. I would have thought that a set that offers a first six pupillage only for essentially no money would have been a bastion of administrative efficiency.

Ha! Be careful accepting only first 6. You would have to apply for a waiver from the BSB to do a 2nd 6 elsewhere should 4KBW decide they didn't want you.
Reply 954
Original post by 110162

They held first rounds last week and this week. Can't help you past that, I'm afraid, as I was unable to attend the interview!
Reply 955
Lincoln house interviews out.
1CL offers out :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 957
Original post by 110162

Not heard anything; they said to me they'd get back to everyone regardless of out come and second rounds are next week for a whole day, so I think they're leaving it a bit late to get back to people!
Original post by LegallyBlonde_
1CL offers out :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, did you hear by phone or email?
Reply 959
Anyone else Lincoln house?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending