The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
I didn't send the message. I thought about it for a while, then I thought, all sending that message will do, is probably make her crazy and angry, and just make me feel even worse and I would regret it.

But the way she has treated me hurts me. When you really care about someone and they do something so hurtful and say such bad things to you, it really gets to you. :/

It gets better over time, provided you have blocked them out from your life completely and are taking steps to sort things out.
Original post by SeanFM
It gets better over time, provided you have blocked them out from your life completely and are taking steps to sort things out.

I hope so. Although I fear I will never fully heal from this. No other girl will compare with her. I will always miss her, etc. Right now I just need to finish my dissertation and just leave uni!! I don't want to go back there ever again. It's bad memories for me.
I hope so. Although I fear I will never fully heal from this. No other girl will compare with her. I will always miss her, etc. Right now I just need to finish my dissertation and just leave uni!! I don't want to go back there ever again. It's bad memories for me.

I felt like that once, like I would never get over someone or never meet someone like them. It's natural to feel like that when you're trying to deattach yourself from them emotionally, but you'll find that you can get over them completely/meet better people, you just have to try.

You're reducing your entire uni experience to this single, one sided 'friendship'?

What do you miss about her, specifically?
Why can't all guys be like you. That is actually shows you were serious and not fooling around. I think she has made a big loss not you.
Original post by Anonymous
Why can't all guys be like you. That is actually shows you were serious and not fooling around. I think she has made a big loss not you.

Are you being serious or sarcastic? :/ Well, I was nothing to her. Just an option. She replaced me. She didn't care about me at all.
Original post by SeanFM
I felt like that once, like I would never get over someone or never meet someone like them. It's natural to feel like that when you're trying to deattach yourself from them emotionally, but you'll find that you can get over them completely/meet better people, you just have to try.

I guess so. I hope I will get over her soon. It hurts now but one day it will get better.
Original post by hezzlington
You're reducing your entire uni experience to this single, one sided 'friendship'?

What do you miss about her, specifically?

It's because since my 1st year at uni, we became friends, we were practically inseparable, we always stayed together, worked together, ate together, walked together, bought gifts for each other, trusted each other. At that point, it was great, I did have feelings for, but it didn't affect the friendship.

And so throughout the 1st and 2nd year of uni, I was always with her. I was happy like that.

I miss many things about her. When we were friends. She was funny, always made me laugh, always good to talk to her and just chill out, we had a little tradition where we would go to this take away shop on thursdays. I for the most part, really enjoyed all those times with her.

But now, they are starting to feel like a life time ago. All I can think of is the last 2 months which has been hell for me. I understand now that she didn't really care about her, and that I was just an option.

People say she used me, I guess I will never know the truth.

But even now, I really miss her. I miss how we used to be. :frown:
a Nebuchadnezzar of moet and a very long straw will do OP
It's because since my 1st year at uni, we became friends, we were practically inseparable, we always stayed together, worked together, ate together, walked together, bought gifts for each other, trusted each other. At that point, it was great, I did have feelings for, but it didn't affect the friendship.

And so throughout the 1st and 2nd year of uni, I was always with her. I was happy like that.

I miss many things about her. When we were friends. She was funny, always made me laugh, always good to talk to her and just chill out, we had a little tradition where we would go to this take away shop on thursdays. I for the most part, really enjoyed all those times with her.

But now, they are starting to feel like a life time ago. All I can think of is the last 2 months which has been hell for me. I understand now that she didn't really care about her, and that I was just an option.

People say she used me, I guess I will never know the truth.

But even now, I really miss her. I miss how we used to be. :frown:

The way I see it is that for the past month you've done nothing but add fuel to the fire. She isn't even bothering you anymore, it's you who has been bothering her by showing a total lack of respect for her decision to cut contact.

Quite remarkably, over the course of one day you have drafted a resentful letter, freely admitted she 'used you', claimed you would never contact her again, thrown a hissy fit when she didn't acknowledge you, then hours later you railroaded her into talking to you, drafted another letter and now you've gone full circle by reminiscing about the past and effectively saying you're not willing to let it go.

Well make the most of it cos uni's over now and any self-inflicted drama you create over her is only ever going to be in your imagination. Any excuse you come up with to create a thread will have zero legitimacy because from this moment she doesn't even exist anymore. Time to move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by frozen_fire
The way I see it is that for the past month you've done nothing but add fuel to the fire. She isn't even bothering you anymore, it's you who has been bothering her by showing a total lack of respect for her decision to cut contact.

Quite remarkably, over the course of one day you have drafted a resentful letter, freely admitted she 'used you', claimed you would never contact her again, thrown a hissy fit when she didn't acknowledge you, then hours later you railroaded her into talking to you, drafted another letter and now you've gone full circle by reminiscing about the past and effectively saying you're not willing to let it go.

Well make the most of it cos uni's over now and any self-inflicted drama you create over her is only ever going to be in your imagination. Any excuse you come up with to create a thread will have zero legitimacy because from this moment she doesn't even exist anymore. Time to move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe. I know she isn't But it's proving difficult for me to let go. Every day I wake up and I just wish she just changed her mind and was my friend again.
Yeah, it's just not easy, it eats me up inside.

Exactly, do you see what I mean? I cannot stay angry at this girl for more than a day. It's impossible. I miss her so much.

She still exists. I mean I can't simply forget about her that easily.

I'm going uni today again, I just wish she is not there. I do not want to see her face!! It is just torture.

I hate this. :frown:
Maybe. I know she isn't But it's proving difficult for me to let go. Every day I wake up and I just wish she just changed her mind and was my friend again.
Yeah, it's just not easy, it eats me up inside.

Exactly, do you see what I mean? I cannot stay angry at this girl for more than a day. It's impossible. I miss her so much.

She still exists. I mean I can't simply forget about her that easily.

I'm going uni today again, I just wish she is not there. I do not want to see her face!! It is just torture.

I hate this. :frown:

The only place she still exists is in your head. You are never going to see her again. She is never going to be your friend again. And you can no longer harass her in uni to change her obviously made up mind because it's over. No more excuses. If you continue to wallow then that's your prerogative but she's completely out of your life now.

The past is the past. Once you go several months without physically seeing someone in person or having any contact with them, they start to occupy your thoughts less. Make that a year and it becomes even less. In any case, there are now fewer opportunities for you to create any dramas regarding her because she is no longer a physical presence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have all had break ups, trust me I got ditched by text on Boxing Day and it is a horrible feeling, but you got to resist getting in contact with them.
I saw her in uni today. Such bad luck. Why did I have to see her?? She looked at me, I looked back at her blankly, and just kept on walking. This sucks. I didn't try to talk to her, I just carried on walking. Now I'm just feeling really down after seeing her. I hate this :frown:
Bloody hell....grow a pair and just move on how can you let one individual dictate your life...
Original post by ikhan94
Bloody hell....grow a pair and just move on how can you let one individual dictate your life...

It's not that simple. I'm telling you, every time I see her I feel extremely anxious and upset. It just hurts. I don't even know
It's not that simple. I'm telling you, every time I see her I feel extremely anxious and upset. It just hurts. I don't even know

tell your therapist

Have any other birds offered to 'help you out'? Because if you aren't getting offers from elsewhere its kind of inevitable that you end up putting this one girl on a pedestal. Its not entirely your fault you see, other women could help this guy to become a lad again...but they choose not to.
Original post by NetworkTahweed
Have any other birds offered to 'help you out'? Because if you aren't getting offers from elsewhere its kind of inevitable that you end up putting this one girl on a pedestal. Its not entirely your fault you see, other women could help this guy to become a lad again...but they choose not to.

It's not about getting laid or anything. That doesn't help. I've already tried that.
I haven't found any girl that I am even remotely interested in anyway.

My mind is always on her. It sucks
Original post by NetworkTahweed

why should another woman be responsible for him? What he needs is professional help from a mental health professional in my opinion and he should update his therapist.

Latest

Trending

Trending