The Student Room Group

Stranmillis Early Years PGCE 2016

Scroll to see replies

Yeah its been confirmed there are only 15 spaces ... so tough here in N.Ireland ! My interview was a mess but presentation was grand. Good luck xo
Reply 21
Original post by ruthiegirl94
Yeah its been confirmed there are only 15 spaces ... so tough here in N.Ireland ! My interview was a mess but presentation was grand. Good luck xo

It really is so disheartening😞
I also had my interview on the 5th, i really didnt like the questions! they threw me a bit, but i just want to know now as im from england so i need to know what im doing about moving over! hate waiting everyday for a letter! i dont think i will get it then if there is only 15 places thats nothing!
Reply 23
Original post by amy31louise
I also had my interview on the 5th, i really didnt like the questions! they threw me a bit, but i just want to know now as im from england so i need to know what im doing about moving over! hate waiting everyday for a letter! i dont think i will get it then if there is only 15 places thats nothing!

Yeah it's a long wait it seems like so long since the interviews. Hopefully we'll hear soon either way. Good luck hope it's good news for you
Reply 24
I emailed yesterday to ask when we would find out but they pretty much said that they're working their way through them and will let us know.
Original post by dede55
Yeah it's a long wait it seems like so long since the interviews. Hopefully we'll hear soon either way. Good luck hope it's good news for you

good luck to you too! i hope we dont have to wait too long
Original post by Lizzym95
I emailed yesterday to ask when we would find out but they pretty much said that they're working their way through them and will let us know.

hope its not too long it feels like ages since the interviews
People have heard today x
got my letter today, i didnt get in but good luck to yous all :smile:
Original post by amy31louise
got my letter today, i didnt get in but good luck to yous all :smile:

Sorry Amy :frown: x
Have you heard is there a waiting list you can be put on if you are rejected?

Still waiting for mine x
Reply 30
did anyone else hear?
I know it's clearly your dream to teach and no-one would want to stop you wanting to teach but do you listen to the news? There are very few teaching jobs in NI atm and many who have graduated cannot get jobs at all. As a consequence, the government is not going to invest money in Stranmillis to train teachers we don't need. So I know it's tough. Schools should be giving 6th formers more clarity in terms of their likelihood to get a job at the end of these courses but I assume teaching is where you all have your heart set!
Original post by MegaMal45
I know it's clearly your dream to teach and no-one would want to stop you wanting to teach but do you listen to the news? There are very few teaching jobs in NI atm and many who have graduated cannot get jobs at all. As a consequence, the government is not going to invest money in Stranmillis to train teachers we don't need. So I know it's tough. Schools should be giving 6th formers more clarity in terms of their likelihood to get a job at the end of these courses but I assume teaching is where you all have your heart set!

Unfortunately there are less and less jobs in every profession, but it's good that there are so many people who have a real passion to teach :smile:
What are you studying/ hope to study mega?
I will be a mature student, I am on a career break or will be on one to study History. As a teacher myself I just feel sympathy these girls here because I just don't feel they are being properly informed by their schools so that's why I wanted to write.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by scm22
did anyone else hear?

Hi SCM I got a conditional offer, very pleased but extremely shocked! :biggrin:
What about you? x
My career break and those of my colleagues works well for school I teach at obviously because it then allows to give the position to someone for a few years to get their ''foot in the door' so to speak but it's a very difficult profession to get into in NI and if anything it's going to get worse because I would imagine over the next 5 years 100-200 schools are likely to close
Original post by MegaMal45
My career break and those of my colleagues works well for school I teach at obviously because it then allows to give the position to someone for a few years to get their ''foot in the door' so to speak but it's a very difficult profession to get into in NI and if anything it's going to get worse because I would imagine over the next 5 years 100-200 schools are likely to close

Yeah I know... :/ I know a lot of people who sub and take a lot of temporary posts, but they still like that they get around a lot of schools and can build up their experience x
Reply 37
Hello everyone, I got my letter yesterday and I too got a conditional offer 😃 So shocked! But over the moon! 😄
Congrats Cici did you do ECS at stran? x
Reply 39
Congrats to you too 😊 Yep I'm in my final year of ECS in stran! What about you? 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending