Reply 181
@hana.g that's the most innocent comment i've ever heard lmao bless you
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha i live in a town near Manchester!:smile: wbu? Ahh yeah:biggrin:

I live in a town near Birmingham haha
Original post by safiyyah98

UoB student here :wink:

Yes, deffo will be fasting. Used to fasting through exam season, not a problem for me :tongue: personally i think exams are no excuse to miss a fast. I tend to eat a lot before starting my fast.
(edited 7 years ago)

Hahah okay:biggrin:
Original post by noticemesenpai
UoB student here :wink:

Yes, deffo will be fasting. Used to fasting through exam season, not a problem for me :tongue: personally i think exams are no excuse to miss a fast. I tend to eat a lot before starting my fast.

Oh wow, what are you studying? Fair enough lol
Oh wow, what are you studying? Fair enough lol

I am studying a BA in Education. Currently on study leave. :smile:
Reply 187
I'm fasting too inshallah, I’m kind of scared this is my A2 exam and last year our AS was in May, so I didn’t have to fast during exams. This is my first time. Pray for me jazakalahukhair..
Original post by pssee
I'm fasting too inshallah, I’m kind of scared this is my A2 exam and last year our AS was in May, so I didn’t have to fast during exams. This is my first time. Pray for me jazakalahukhair..

Me too, and I will pray for you as I am in the same position haha
Original post by noticemesenpai
I am studying a BA in Education. Currently on study leave. :smile:

Awesome! Do you live on campus?
Reply 190
Original post by Josb
You can't be serious.

But I'm serious..
Reply 191
Salam guys,

As an A level student I'll be doing my A2 exams during Ramadan.

My opinion on this is split between fasting and believing in Allah to help me through and not fasting because it make practical sense.

At the end of the day God is most merciful and will surely understand?
Another reason id feel its okay to not fast is as students, it's out occupation. If fasting affects our ability to perform them surely we should look to not, I mean if you were a doctor giving life saving surgery requiring intricate detail and fasting compromised your ability to perform the surgery then surely through common sense it would be justified to not fast and make up for it at a later more appropriate date ?

Just my opinions...
Original post by OwaisB
Salam guys,

As an A level student I'll be doing my A2 exams during Ramadan.

My opinion on this is split between fasting and believing in Allah to help me through and not fasting because it make practical sense.

At the end of the day God is most merciful and will surely understand?
Another reason id feel its okay to not fast is as students, it's out occupation. If fasting affects our ability to perform them surely we should look to not, I mean if you were a doctor giving life saving surgery requiring intricate detail and fasting compromised your ability to perform the surgery then surely through common sense it would be justified to not fast and make up for it at a later more appropriate date ?

Just my opinions...

Salaam bro. Here's what the scholars have said regarding this :smile:

https://islamqa.info/en/13643
https://islamqa.info/en/38747
Theres many of us muslims who have exams (I have my A2 exams) during Ramadan. My question is will you fast?

I myself will miss out a fast on the day of an exam and I worked out I will only miss 5 which isn't too bad as I can make them up after. However I was considering fasting even on exam days because I feel as if Allah will give me the strength to pull through but then I thought Allah doesn't want to make things hard for us and obviously Ramadan is to strengthen your personal relationship with Allah so missing 5 fasts won't be too bad considering I have good intentions, and these exams are make or break so messing it up isn't an option as it will affect the rest of my life.

So will you or will you not fast, either on exam days or the entire exam period, I was just curious to see what others are doing.

Insha Allah, I will definitely fast because i just have two Papers(A2) and I believe Allah Almighty will give me strength. Anyways what are your subjects and when is your last paper? Good Luck for your papers!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jarco
Definitely will be fasting in sh Allah ^^ i mean just imagine on the Day when He asks us what the reason was for why we didnt fast and we say 'sorry, had exams that day'😂

I have the same reason on my mind and i will Insha Allah fast and the good thing for me is that i only have 2 exams. Good Luck for your exams!
(edited 7 years ago)
No I will not
Of course I'm fasting, I tried with my mother to be honest but. :spank:
@Ayman! @Zacken will you guys?
Theres many of us muslims who have exams (I have my A2 exams) during Ramadan. My question is will you fast?

I myself will miss out a fast on the day of an exam and I worked out I will only miss 5 which isn't too bad as I can make them up after. However I was considering fasting even on exam days because I feel as if Allah will give me the strength to pull through but then I thought Allah doesn't want to make things hard for us and obviously Ramadan is to strengthen your personal relationship with Allah so missing 5 fasts won't be too bad considering I have good intentions, and these exams are make or break so messing it up isn't an option as it will affect the rest of my life.

So will you or will you not fast, either on exam days or the entire exam period, I was just curious to see what others are doing.

I'm not a Muslim (but I am religious), and don't know much about the religion, but I'm kind of curious about this. Is it written that you have to fast, under any circumstances, or are you allowed to not fast if you have a reason, like exams or pregnancy? Can you just fast after the 'official' Ramadan to make up days you missed?
Original post by Student403
@Ayman! @Zacken will you guys?

Yep :yep: it's only hard the first week or so and then I kinda get used to it.

Quick Reply